Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You ever feel like someone's watching you?

Rainbowponyboy

I guess the NSA is watching me. Perhaps in the future they'll take the extra measure of installing video cameras into every American's home. (just kidding!)

Anyway, yep, I sometimes do feel that way, and it's usually when I'm alone outside in the dark. 

All the time. Usually when I am alone, but a lot of the time in places I haven't been before. Just the other week me and my dad explored this abandoned property (wondering if it was fixable so we could buy it). The house was like 40+ years old. When we went into the backyard with the broken down pool and leaves and trees everywhere, I really couldn't help feel that someone was watching me from one of the back windows of the house.

Edited by Judgement

According to the biologist Rupert Sheldrake, "the sense of being stared at" is a real thing, and if you gaze at a person's back while it faces you, there's an increased probability that they can sense your gaze, even if you make no noise at all, and simply turn around. That kind of telepathy, to him, is a natural phenomenon.

(http://www.sheldrake.org/books-by-rupert-sheldrake/the-sense-of-being-stared-at-and-other-unexplained-powers-of-human-minds)

*Shifts eyes back and fourth*.............Every......single....day. :(

In all seriousness though I saw a guy profiling by a movie theater before, I actually though about leaving!

Everyone here will feel like someone is watching them when they are alone (usually in the dark)

Your brain does it so your more aware of what's going on making you survive for longer because you would be able to react faster. 

Same with after watching a scary movie you think you hear noises... You don't. It's your brain making you more aware/ Increasing your reaction time so you are able to react if something is going to get you

• Brohoof 1

I used to feel that somebody was physically watching me when I was a child. Now I have a similar feeling but in a more metaphorical sense. Just the feeling that somebody is judging my actions, even without actually observing them. Of course that could be because of my general paranoia and distrust of people, especially my questioning of their motives.

Edited by Singularity

I did when I was watching this video that was talking about that there might be a person squashed inside the companion cube in the game portal. I did when I was asleep at night.

After I watch an episode of the X-Files, I feel this way. I think its because the show features aliens and creatures with above-average intelligence who seem to be aware of things that humans can't even begin to comprehend, and also the fact that Mulder and Scully are always being monitored and tracked by "big-brother" type characters who, against all odds, are able to deceive and intercept information from qualified federal agents. Paranoia sets in pretty quickly with that type of premise!

[insert NSA reference here] no but seriously I feel like people are watching me when I listen to loud music because I've had times when people will try to get my attention by touching me from behind and it scares me soooooooo bad  :(  so now I sort of have that feeling as trauma

I always think that. like one time I heard footsteps... in my room...at night ._.

Edited by krazydash4

• 4 years later...

I feel like that all the time. Especially when I'm drawing. Sometimes I would hear noises behind me, and I would get a panic attack and quickly look around, but no one's there. I still keep looking over my shoulder all the time, just to be safe. I have this certain paranoia of others watching me, that's why I prefer to stay in my room.

Anytime I'm in a well-lit room with the curtains open, I always feel there's someone out there somewhere who can see inside. So I try to keep my curtains shut at all times. And sometimes when I'm changing clothes it feels like I'm being watched. I always feel like I could be someplace as remote as the dark side of the moon, and as soon as the clothes come off, all humanity will show up with cameras at the ready. 

• 2 months later...