Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: Fan Film - Volunteers Wanted

Khaoios

(edited)

Sweet as mate! I do edit on Sony Vegas 12, But i can use other various ones if you like :D

Oh definitely.  Song Vegas 12 is the best.

Alright. I sent u a demo through pm

Alright.......i'll check it out, :D

Alright......got a few things I would like to add. 

1. Getting the story finalized and will be sending to the editors for review sometime next week. 
  2. I've gathered some sound effects (roars, growls, explosions, glass shattering, nature, etc.) Want to point out though, these sfx's were incredibly hard to find b/c they came from Hollywood films but I was able to nab them from a friend so we'll be able to use them.  I will post a Youtube link of all of them, but they will be set as "Private/Link Only".  Don't want other directors to get them, lol.
  3. I started with Prometheus' voice, however, im gonna need a favor, but i will explain how i would like it.  Apparently, Audacity is giving me issues with the voice enhancer to make him sound "Metallic, Deep, and Echo".  Basically, I would like him to sound similar to the Didact in Halo 4, with a more metal sound as if he were a cyborg or something similar.  Sound/Video editors, if you would like to do that, it would be great.

The writing and editing should be fully done by the end of this month, so once we're done, I'll send it to script writers, and also gather other VA's for the fan film.  Animators, i will let you know when to start, :D  There's no hurry so, if you are busy, by all means, do what you have to do.  Im planning to get this fan film up in the summer, so that should give us all plenty of time.

Edited by Promethean Alicorn
  • Brohoof 1

UPDATE:  Story being finalized now, and will be sent to editors this week.  Also, Steel has completed demo lines for main characters, as well as supporting characters and want to thank him for putting time and effort into doing a fantastic job writing them, :D.   @@Steel Accord, I wanted to ask, if VA's want to audition, do you want them to PM you or PM me?

• Brohoof 1

UPDATE:  Story being finalized now, and will be sent to editors this week.  Also, Steel has completed demo lines for main characters, as well as supporting characters and want to thank him for putting time and effort into doing a fantastic job writing them, :D.   @@Steel Accord, I wanted to ask, if VA's want to audition, do you want them to PM you or PM me?

Now you're just flattering me my friend.  :blush:

Why you of course, I'm just the writer after all. You should decide who you think can do the better job at portraying the characters.

Edited by Steel Accord

If you need a musician, I'm up. I've got nothing better to do anyways.

I've been both sound designing for 2 years, both involving post producition and foley artistry. My music varies in genre but I primarily focus on symphonic metal. I've been composing for private companies, commercials, etc.

Here's a link to my youtube for you to sample my songs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/galiant609

(edited)

Now you're just flattering me my friend.  :blush:

Why you of course, I'm just the writer after all. You should decide who you think can do the better job at portraying the characters.

Alrighty....I'll do that.  Gonna set some things up, that way while im reviewing the story, I'll be send lines to the VA's as well, :)

If you need a musician, I'm up. I've got nothing better to do anyways.

I've been both sound designing for 2 years, both involving post producition and foley artistry. My music varies in genre but I primarily focus on symphonic metal. I've been composing for private companies, commercials, etc.

Here's a link to my youtube for you to sample my songs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/galiant609

Just visited the channel, which I gotta say, that's very impressive.  Yet, sure, I definitely need musicians in this fan film. Looking forward to having you part of this project :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

gosh darnit! everyone is taking all my ideas :(

I actually planned this story, since 2011, lol.   So i did no take your ideas. :D

I actually planned this story, since 2011, lol.   So i did no take your ideas. :D

i've been toodling with my idea since before i was a brony (about 2010). let's just leave it at great minds think alike

• Brohoof 1

i've been toodling with my idea since before i was a brony (about 2010). let's just leave it at great minds think alike

I see.....may I ask what's your story about?

long story short, alien lands, recruiting, alien monster thing that could destroy a planet by lunch time, epic battle with everything including the kitchen sink. laser. but with more story. I hate spoilers so i will give none

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

long story short, alien lands, recruiting, alien monster thing that could destroy a planet by lunch time, epic battle with everything including the kitchen sink. laser. but with more story. I hate spoilers so i will give none

I see......a War of the Worlds resemblance it sounds like...........looks like we've got something in common, :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I haven't seen that movie

Its actually a book and a movie, lol.  If you want, look up H.G Wells.  You could say I did something like him, however, instead of an entire Extra-Terrestrial Species attacking Equestria, I have an Ancient God from Space, named after Greek God, Prometheus. 

• Brohoof 1

Its actually a book and a movie, lol.  If you want, look up H.G Wells.  You could say I did something like him, however, instead of an entire Extra-Terrestrial Species attacking Equestria, I have an Ancient God from Space, named after Greek God, Prometheus. 

Actually, that's something I've been meaning to ask. Not to spoil or something before I've read the outline, but what is Prometheus' deal?

I mean he was a benevolent figure. Stealing fire from the gods and empowering us. Why is his namesake being slapped on Jenova's douchebag brother?

• Brohoof 1

I know it's a book too, and a radio play.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, that's something I've been meaning to ask. Not to spoil or something before I've read the outline, but what is Prometheus' deal?

I mean he was a benevolent figure. Stealing fire from the gods and empowering us. Why is his namesake being slapped on Jenova's douchebag brother?

Well, I've always been fond of Prometheus' myth.  Not to mention, his intelligence and his ambition of ideas, which involved art and Science.   In this fan film, and I will have somewhat of a "behind the scenes" explaining it, but I chose Prometheus b/c he is the bringer of fire (in Equestria, he's is destructive), his intelligence (since he's a Space God as well, as a sci-fi motto that ET's tend to have more knowledge then we, he challenges the philosophy of Magic over the intelligence of Science).  Lastly, since he is well over 10,000 years old, I wanted him to resemble the Mayan myths of ET's teaching them the power of "Farming", but I reversed it and in this fan film, had Prometheus teach the ancestral ponies the power of "Education".  Basically, I combined myths and scientific facts, :D

With his myth, that's because, if im not mistaken, the Gods were not in favor of his "creation of mankind" from clay.  And he went against them and performed his creation anyway.

I know it's a book too, and a radio play.

I see.  You should watch the movie, but the 1953 version.  The one with Tom Cruise was okay, but a little corny, tbh. :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've always been fond of Prometheus' myth.  Not to mention, his intelligence and his ambition of ideas, which involved art and Science.   In this fan film, and I will have somewhat of a "behind the scenes" explaining it, but I chose Prometheus b/c he is the bringer of fire (in Equestria, he's is destructive), his intelligence (since he's a Space God as well, as a sci-fi motto that ET's tend to have more knowledge then we, he challenges the philosophy of Magic over the intelligence of Science).  Lastly, since he is well over 10,000 years old, I wanted him to resemble the Mayan myths of ET's teaching them the power of "Farming", but I reversed it and in this fan film, had Prometheus teach the ancestral ponies the power of "Education".  Basically, I combined myths and scientific facts, :D

With his myth, that's because, if im not mistaken, the Gods were not in favor of his "creation of mankind" from clay.  And he went against them and performed his creation anyway.

I see.  You should watch the movie, but the 1953 version.  The one with Tom Cruise was okay, but a little corny, tbh. :D

You are correct in that. Which is precisely why Zeus tied him to a rock to be fed on by eagles daily for all his life. Luckily Hercules, in a moment of surprising compassion, actually frees the Titan by breaking his chains.

It's a little up in the air whether this was Herc's own volition or if Zeus sent him to free Prometheus because he was fearful of reprisal once the Titan was free. 

• Brohoof 1

You are correct in that. Which is precisely why Zeus tied him to a rock to be fed on by eagles daily for all his life. Luckily Hercules, in a moment of surprising compassion, actually frees the Titan by breaking his chains.

It's a little up in the air whether this was Herc's own volition or if Zeus sent him to free Prometheus because he was fearful of reprisal once the Titan was free. 

Exactly.  That's another reason why I used the name "Prometheus". 

SIT REP: Story Review is done, gonna glance through it one more time and I'll send it to editors, :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

UPDATE: Had to make some grammar changes before sending it to editors.   Gonna finish up this review tomorrow, and we'll all be under way. 

• Brohoof 1

Doctor Hooves - OPEN

Hiya, just wanna try out for The Doctor. I'm actually British, so with me you'll get the real deal rather than an impression.

Here's a little bit I recorded earlier. It's a short conversation between Doctor Hooves & Twilight if she were to see the Tardis for the first time.

You'll have to forgive the crudeness of my Twi voice; I didn't have anyone to read with, and it's not a voice I can pull off :P

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1RjdSFdY5eO

• Brohoof 1