Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: Fan Film - Volunteers Wanted

Khaoios

Hiya, just wanna try out for The Doctor. I'm actually British, so with me you'll get the real deal rather than an impression.

Here's a little bit I recorded earlier. It's a short conversation between Doctor Hooves & Twilight if she were to see the Tardis for the first time.

You'll have to forgive the crudeness of my Twi voice; I didn't have anyone to read with, and it's not a voice I can pull off :P

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1RjdSFdY5eO

That was brilliant!  :D

You had the Doctor's "non-chalant weirdo god" swager down. If I may just make a tiny recommendation. It was just a tad monotone. The Doctor always has a very cartoony exhurbrence to him. Make that come across more, and Promethean is far more likely to pick you.

You can try on some of the Doctor's lines I wrote for my pitch.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ziahi3JaI0vSj-t8wYWG-cGFlVd-uPi_hp7NX7MsSTk/edit

Yeah I had a fun time writing the Doctor especially.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

That was brilliant! :D

You had the Doctor's "non-chalant weirdo god" swager down. If I may just make a tiny recommendation. It was just a tad monotone. The Doctor always has a very cartoony exhurbrence to him. Make that come across more, and Promethean is far more likely to pick you.

You can try on some of the Doctor's lines I wrote for my pitch.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ziahi3JaI0vSj-t8wYWG-cGFlVd-uPi_hp7NX7MsSTk/edit

Yeah I had a fun time writing the Doctor especially. :lol:

Yeah, I understand what you mean about how that sounded. It probably wasn't the best choice for a demo :P

Thanks for sharing your lines. Just did another bit of recording with them.

Switched to Soundcloud because Vocaroo's compression loses a lot of the quality. It's decent enough for a demo though.

https://soundcloud.com/jbeetles/doctor-demo

I should note, I use the Zoom H4N's built in condenser mics.

• Brohoof 2

Just let me know what you need and when you need it by.

Sure.  Can you ponify a character for me?   If so, I'll send you the picture, :D

Yeah, I understand what you mean about how that sounded. It probably wasn't the best choice for a demo :P

Switched to Soundcloud because Vocaroo's compression loses a lot of the quality. It's decent enough for a demo though.

Now that............was Perfecton.  I'll definitely have you at the top for Doctor Hooves, :D   Excellent job, Jay.

• Brohoof 2

Need editing? I'll give it a shot. I got Sony Vegas which I haven't used much of (used a torrent to get it, we all have at some point. Right?) I have attempted YouTube poops with it and I am familiar with it. But I wouldn't guarantee my lazy ass. My problem is, is that I'm too lazy (which can be fixed). Tell me what you want me to do and I'll be underway. 

If you need people to help with the sound aspect of things, I may be able to lend a hand when the time comes.

Okay, I would definitely need sound editors, :D.  I'll let you know when filming begins. 

Need editing? I'll give it a shot. I got Sony Vegas which I haven't used much of (used a torrent to get it, we all have at some point. Right?) I have attempted YouTube poops with it and I am familiar with it. But I wouldn't guarantee my lazy ass. My problem is, is that I'm too lazy (which can be fixed). Tell me what you want me to do and I'll be underway. 

Sure, that would be great.  This fan film could use some effects, so I'll let would know when we start.  :D

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of editing, I'm also available as an editor.

I'm a film student, I have 7 years overall experience with video editing, and 3 years on Adobe Premiere, which I just recently became an Adobe Certified Associate in (In other words, I know the program really well).

• Brohoof 2

A team is slowly beginning to form from all of these volunteers it seems.

I concur........as it slowly grows, it gives me more time to finish the edits, so by the time I finish and send it to editors for finalization.  I think more volunteers would arrive, :)

Speaking of editing, I'm also available as an editor.

I'm a film student, I have 7 years overall experience with video editing, and 3 years on Adobe Premiere, which I just recently became an Adobe Certified Associate in (In other words, I know the program really well).

^_^  That would be great, Jay.  I'll make sure to keep in touch, for this fan film could use some edit, :D.   As of now, still working on editing the story, but if you can, can you come up with a "recruiting trailer", like have the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic logo and then in slow pace, have the "The Day Equestria Stood Still" appear in the middle of the screen or something like that in a trailer, and add a link to the site in the video. Gonna see if drawing people from youtube to here would help, :).   I'll try to find a video that has something similar, :)

• Brohoof 2

By the way, if for whatever reason need an additional voice for a character and don't have time to cast somebody, I have a relatively decent mic, it's just unfortunately somewhat susceptible to pops. Also, on the musical side of things, I am able to work with proper orchestra sounds if needed. I'll be around, you can contact me on Skype if you decide that my special time to become the chosen one has arrived.

MMMmmnnnnnrrrrrrghhh . . . . .  :unsure:

Still a little hammering out needed. Not like I expected perfection on the first try. But I'm definitely sensing a distinctly "Tennant" vibe. 

Anyway, I should stop worrying about it seeing as I'm not even in casting!  ^_^

Good work all the same. It's a little trippy hearing what I wrote actually read aloud for the first time actually.

I'm definitely sensing a distinctly "Tennant" vibe.

I'm currently watching the Eccleston series, so I guess that seeped into my version a bit.

Number nine was Mr. Sassy rather than Mr. Wacky :P

It's a little trippy hearing what I wrote actually read aloud for the first time actually.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm gonna be off shooting a short film next week, and it's gonna be beyond bizarre seeing everything come to life.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently watching the Eccleston series, so I guess that seeped into my version a bit.

Number nine was Mr. Sassy rather than Mr. Wacky :P

I know exactly what you mean. I'm gonna be off shooting a short film next week, and it's gonna be beyond bizarre seeing everything come to life.

Ninth Doctor for the win, buddy! /)*

Eccleston is so underrated in that role. Then again . . . 

doctorwho.jpg

• Brohoof 1

If it is still possible, I would like to try to VA  for a few male roles , with top spot the doctor .
it is my first time and I don't have a lot of experience but I will try my best ( even though  to my opinion, jaybee did an amazing job on his audition.really good! :yay:)

• Brohoof 1

If it is still possible, I would like to try to VA  for a few male roles , with top spot the doctor .

it is my first time and I don't have a lot of experience but I will try my best ( even though  to my opinion, jaybee did an amazing job on his audition.really good! :yay:)

Sure.....there are plenty of spots open in VA'ing, :)  Feel free to pick which character and I'll send you a demo script of that character, :D

Hmmm maybe my voice acting could be used. I would like to do one of the male roles.

Sure.....feel free to choose any character, and I'll send you demo lines, :D

I would like to try shining armor and sourin. And you want musicians. I can sing but no programs to actually make music. Any help on that? If you had discord that would put me in the bag for that role.

I would like to try shining armor and sourin. And you want musicians. I can sing but no programs to actually make music. Any help on that? If you had discord that would put me in the bag for that role.

Sure.....i'll send you demos of Soarin and Shining Armor.   Discord, unfortunately will not appear in this fan film.   He will later, in the sequels.

(edited)

I'd like to try to voice Dr Hooves or any minor character if possible.

Oh and btw if you need any of your characters to have a French accent, I may be useful.

Edited by Theo

I'd like to try to voice Dr Hooves or any minor character if possible.

Oh and btw if you need any of your characters to have a French accent, I may be useful.

Alright.....I'll see if I can find you a minor character, with a French Accent.   *realizes*, wait how would you like to voice Dr. Cabaleron.  *i believe he's french, if im not mistake.  I completely forgot to add him*.

SIT REP: Alrighty..............besides the main/supporting/minor.......I would take the opportunity to add 50 or perhaps 60 OC's from members here.  If you wish to have your OC appear, please post the name of your OC, with a short bio; then PM me the image of the character with the name as the title. 

Alright.....I'll see if I can find you a minor character, with a French Accent.   *realizes*, wait how would you like to voice Dr. Cabaleron.  *i believe he's french, if im not mistake.  I completely forgot to add him*.

SIT REP: Alrighty..............besides the main/supporting/minor.......I would take the opportunity to add 50 or perhaps 60 OC's from members here.  If you wish to have your OC appear, please post the name of your OC, with a short bio; then PM me the image of the character with the name as the title. 

I'd totally love to voice Dr Cabaleron, though I'm not certain he really is French ( I mean he refers to a French character but his name sounds more like Spanish).

• Brohoof 1

If there any male roles open (Eg, Soarin or Shining Amour), could I possibly voice one? If not, then thats ok. I will stick to editing the film ^_^

Sure.....some demos have been sent to me, but i'll greatly accept more.  :D  I'll send you demo lines.

I'd totally love to voice Dr Cabaleron, though I'm not certain he really is French ( I mean he refers to a French character but his name sounds more like Spanish).

Alright.......let me contact Steel so that we can send you lines, :D

SIT REP: To all VA's, if you would be so kind and PM me your emails that way I can send you demo lines for your character and that you can send demos to me.  It will be easier

• Brohoof 2

I think the intention is that he is Spanish, "Cabelero" is spanish for "knight" or "gentleman" so that also makes his name an ironic one. He does fufill the role Beloq played in being Daring's "Shadow" though. Props to the creators for going with a tasteful and inventive homage rather than a straight rip off.

Sure.....some demos have been sent to me, but i'll greatly accept more.  :D  I'll send you demo lines.

Alright.......let me contact Steel so that we can send you lines, :D

SIT REP: To all VA's, if you would be so kind and PM me your emails that way I can send you demo lines for your character and that you can send demos to me.  It will be easier

I'll see what I can do.

How's that story outline coming along?

• Brohoof 1