1. 1. What kind of phone do you have?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry
    • Nokia
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Other

As the mobile tech wars continue, I want to know, do you prefer Apple, Android, or other? Vote in the poll or tell me!

Edited by Aquila
Updated tags, poll

Android is an operating system. Apple is a company. A more accurate poll would be "iOS or Android".

Hold on........

Son, I am proud.

Ah, so you chose Android, I am proud. I prefer both, because Android has a better browser, display, and is cheaper, but at the same time, the browser shows mostly the mobile version on tablets. Support is also so and so. iOS, despite its price, has a loyal fanbase, great support, and a great display with products, but tons of downsides too.

Android. My iPhone was slow as hell, regardless if I was connected to the 3G network or not... And the wifi network was WORSE!!! When I swapped out to the Android... ZOOOOOOOOM!!!! I love my HTC Inspire, though I'd love to get the Xperia Play :P

Android. My iPhone was slow as hell, regardless if I was connected to the 3G network or not... And the wifi network was WORSE!!! When I swapped out to the Android... ZOOOOOOOOM!!!! I love my HTC Inspire, though I'd love to get the Xperia Play :P

I noticed a difference in that too. I used an Android tablet demo today, and it was great, 399 and was really good for its price. However Androids occasionally come in cheap phones (as mine is....) Other than that, Android is getting on me.....

I'm waiting for this.

http://www.pcworld.c...012_primer.html

Android still has a long way to go, Apple reigns king of the mobile operating system at the moment.

That argument would've been valid during the days of Cupcake or even Gingerbread, but as of Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), I think it's more refined then iOS. As for that second part.....

Posted Image

That argument would've been valid during the days of Cupcake or even Gingerbread, but as of Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0), I think it's more refined then iOS. As for that second part..... Posted Image

Too bad nobody uses the latest versions.

Posted Image

Edited by Lucifer

I don't even have a phone, but I know Android looks pretty bad ass :lol:

Yup it is, I tried out an android tablet demo and loved it, Android is winning so far, nopony loves iOS at all! :P

I have a iPhone 4 and an Asus Transformer tablet with Android 4.0. I don't have a preference really. There are things I like and dislike about both.

Yup it is, I tried out an android tablet demo and loved it, Android is winning so far, nopony loves iOS at all! :P

There's probaly someone who prefers ios :P

Right now, I have an Android phone, but my last one was a Palm Pixi. I really like WebOS, but I wish it had more developer support. So, its a tie between WebOS and Android for me. Maybe there's a way to combine the two, haha!

It all boils down to personal preference. While I do enjoy how I can do whatever I want to near limitlessness on my tablet, I often find myself disregarding it for my iPhone. Simply because I don't need all that. I want a seamless I-never-see-any-framerate-drop-at-any-tme-whatsoever experience, and even a brand new Android tablet won't do that for me.

Here's an opinion from a development point of view. I think Android is much better than iOS, because it doesn't cost anything to develop apps for. The development kit is completely free to download and use, and it doesn't cost money to get put on any sort of developer list and get your stuff on the app market. In order to develop for iOS and distribute your software, you need to pay some absurd Apple developer subscripion fee. I prefer Android mainly for that reason, considering I plan on trying my hand at android development at some point in thr near future, when I have no money to waste on buying permission from Apple to put apps on their devices.

I bought an Android Phone because I am not made of money. I think I got a better product and paid over 25% less then I would've for an iPhone. To make the comparison, Both my parents and my brother own an iPhone.