1. 1. What kind of phone do you have?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry
    • Nokia
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Other

I have the most basic of phones.  An LG something or other.  Its a flip phone with no camera.  I hate smart phones, and although I am very much fascinated by the advancement in technology, I am not one to want to "go with the flow" per se.  I ain't a hipster either KUbAnTY.png

It's just that living in a throw-a-way world had done nothing but make me dissapointed.  What's the point of having a screen so big that if you breathe on it, it will break?  How many people can say their own laptops have lasted 7+ years (my ZombieCompy has).  Phones should just be a means to communicate with another person over real things, no trivial BS like what on all these social networking sites.  If it wasn't for the fact my husband works an hour away from home, we'd ditch phones all together! (we don't have tv or internet either, I just use internet at work and at the library when I need info on something or being bored {work is very boring}).  And everything I have seen on tv in the past 6 years has just been garbage (does everything have to be soap opera?)

And if wasn't for the annoying bronies who posted ponies EVERYWHERE, I wouldn't be a fan myself. curse you  with a hug

• Brohoof 2

I use an Huawei Ascend Y300 which runs android. it's a nice phone cause it runs Android Jelly bean which my previous one didn't. Plus it has a pretty fast processor so it's nice to play games on that my tablet can't.

Just need an SD card for it cause the internal storage sucks.

I use a Samsung Galaxy SIII. Well, at least a chinese copy of it. It felt sturdier than the original one. And it actually is. I dropped it quite a few times already and it never got damaged.

Also, the only reason I have that is because my old Nokia E71 had serious software problems. It was perfect on the outside, but the OS was very bugged and I couldn't find a way to fix it, so my dad just went "Forget that, I'll buy you another phone". :P

wow, i feel like i'm the only one that personalized my phones here :o

do any other people root and change their software? i do it all the time, you can't get a more personalized phone without making one yourself.

I'm on a Galaxy SII, rooted and flashed to 'Slimrom'. I believe it's overclocked slightly, to 1.3GHz. It's serving my needs okay, needs a new battery though. Only downside is that I've gotten very accustomed to having a computer in my pocket and I'd like to try something less adept at social media in order to tone down my addiction to it.

• Brohoof 1

I have an  iphone 4 :). I like apple and everything is easy, and despite what people say, I've never had an issue with it and I guess I just like similarity factor of having an Iphone (I also had a 3).

Loving app's, I defiantly couldn't live without a smart phone nowadays! I just find things like amps to useful ect.

YRCtY0u.png

I use a Windows Phone 8, which is the Nokia Lumia 822. Not the best Windows Phone, for it is a mid-spec phone, it still works great, has great battery life, awesome camera, easy to use OS, and it's pretty fast, considering the fact that most of my memory is comprised of pictures.

Plus it was free.

• Brohoof 2

My current phone is a Motorola Droid RAZR HD running Android... I don't even know what version. I adapted to the touch-screen pretty quickly. It has a great camera and a really long battery life.

I just recently switched from a iPhone 4 with 1.6.3 to a Samsung Galaxy s4. Pretty worth it, but I never know when s5 is coming out. 

• Brohoof 1

Where's the "I don't own a cell phone" option? Nope, no joke. I've never owned one. I have a landline for phone calls, a computer for Internet, and a TV to watch TV. 

What would I need a phone for?

This.

Owning a cell phone is just encouraging people to bother you.

I know it's kind of cool to have a tiny computer whereever you go but it's going to turn humans into the Borg, seriously.

• Brohoof 2

I don't own a cell phone at all, never have and possibly never will. I barely leave my room and I have access to laptops and such so I literally have no reasons to even own one. If I did own one...it'd be some type of Android phone.

• Brohoof 1

I had to deal with other since there wasn't the option to click two of them.

Currently I have an iPhone 5 Because of the reason of my friend sold me one for $20. Not joking...

And a Galaxy Note 2. Both amazing phones, and I fell inlove with both, I'm not an android nor an iOS Fanboy, they both have they're downfalls and advantages.

I use a cellphone that was released in 2008. The AT&T Pantech Link II, a very crappy phone. Also, when I am a senior in high school, my dad will get me an iPhone for 99 cents.

Not joking, you can get an iPhone 4 in an AT&T store for 99 cents, if you sign a contract.

I have a Samsung Note II, which technically speaking isn't in the Samsung Galaxy Series. But Samsung anyway. The Samsung series was majorly considered when getting my new phone, stepping away from my old HTC Desire S.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1 inch) and a Windows Surface RT. I use the Galaxy Tab as a main second tablet, the Surface is to play around with.

To be fair though, even if you don't use the 'phone' part, they can be used to give yourself anonymity on the internet, as the IP address keeps changing every time you log on. That makes it useful to participate in illegal activities such as buying drugs or downloading torrents of movies etc (not that I endorse any of it).

I have a Samsung Note II, which technically speaking isn't in the Samsung Galaxy Series.

Huh? Edited by Paspie

I use a Windows Phone. Part of what I like most about it is the responsiveness. From what I understand, this is the way most phones are coded to, say, retrieve a message when the user taps a button, and show it on the screen: (I hope this doesn't go over too many people's heads!)

getMessageButtonTouched() {

request = server.request('http://api.message.com/user12345msg')

request.waitForFinish(); // this might take a half-second, or 3 seconds for all we know.

messageLabel.text = request.result;

}

The time that the processor spends inside of that function is time that the "UI processing" is halted until it finishes that processing function. And contrariwise, Windows Phone has a simplified coding model to do it this way:

getMessageButtonTouched() {

request = server.request('http://api.message.com/user12345msg')

request.whenFinished = function "showResult"; // when the request finishes, call this.

}

showResult(result) {

messageLabel.text = result;

}

This way, even when a button doesn't immediately give you back what you were looking for, it will never lock up the user interface trying to find it. That's a big part of why it's felt so smooth for me.