1. 1. What kind of phone do you have?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry
    • Nokia
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Other

Yes, I know this has come up before, but very rarely with a POLL!

Popular brands are split up, the rest are divided into the respective operating systems. This should make for a decent balance of results, so let the voting commence!

EDIT: Just realised I posted in the wrong sub-forum. Can a mod please move it to Media Discussion? Thanks.

EDIT 2: Just realised I'd bypassed Blackberry completely! If you are a Blackberry user who voted 'Other' before this message appeared, you are free to change it to the new option if desired.

Hi there - as it so happens, there is another thread discussing the phones we use (and yes, it has a poll!) I've merged your thread with this one seeing as we don't need two of the same thread. :)

Hi there - as it so happens, there is another thread discussing the phones we use (and yes, it has a poll!) I've merged your thread with this one seeing as we don't need two of the same thread. smile.png

Ugh I wasn't trying to duplicate the thread, I was trying to make a BETTER thread. You could at least have tried to merge the poll results...oh well.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3: best phone I’ve ever owned. It’s easy to use and lots of free apps to have a play with off Google Play and tons of storage with the EXT SD card to put music on, and YouTube and all the bells and whistles. 

I have a very basic Samsung Intensity II. No internet, no apps, no GPS. It just calls people and texts people.

My mom doesn't believe in getting me a smartphone. She says if I want one, I can get my own phone plan, because she isn't paying for the internet access or whatever. The only convenience I get is unlimited texting.

It's hard to be a child of two parents who don't really believe in upgrading existing tech. My mom has a hard enough time believing a GPS is better than a printed map, and my dad doesn't believe in using the internet at all (he thinks the second he even emails someone, he'll have his identity stolen. He doesn't even have us listed in the phone book). My dad's phone is literally circa 2000. It even has the little pull-out antenna for better reception.

Yes, there are people out there who don't own a smartphone. I suppose I'll be answering "other," then. I'm surprised that isn't reflected here. Not that I care though - just another thing to brag about, along with my "bricking ancient" original DS and my F- rated internet at my house.

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 1

I think the other reason why I'm not convinced about my GS2 is that it's just not personal enough to me. Even my old Pocket PCs made me feel more special than the thin slab of Android does right now. Chances are, if I ever upgrade my phone I'll probably downgrade to a late Nokia S60 device, like the N95 or N86. Sure, it's not as easy to do some tasks but it's more of an accomplishment when it's complete. They also have built-in FM transmitters so I can hack in to my parents cars' stereo and play my tunes no matter what station they're on. Not to mention better battery life, audio quality for music and calls, and durable cases that won't shatter into infinity pieces the moment they hit the ground. Yep, that is my future.

Edited by Paspie

I have an iPhone 5 ^^ And I've never been happier with a phone! I don't care what Apple haters say >w<

I believe that if you really keep it correctly, it works perfectly. Most people who say it doesn't work have usually used it somehow incorrectly and just too afraid to admit it... It's a selfish way to view it, and nobody can change my opinion really :X

For example, people complaining about cracked screens on iPhones... There are perfectly fine protective covers for iPhones to protect it from such damage, and it doesn't even cost that much. If you invest a little in the future, you probably wouldn't have a cracked screen.. OFC the glass screen breaks if you drop it...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to provoke anyone and I really hope nopony responds to this D:

I have a very crappy phone that is really sorta old. I'm thinking of upgrading though. I am sorta in a bind about which one to buy. I think I have narrowed it down to a Iphone or Galaxy. But, until I do get another phone. My I pod touch 4 works perfectly for just about everything from browsing to Skype to watching ponies, etc.etc.etc.

LG Aloha. It's an old clamshell with no camera, no keyboard, no "apps" and very limited Internet capabilities. Nice and simple, and at $25 a month I'm sure not complaining. I don't need a smartphone. I think buying phones that are smarter than we are is setting a dangerous precedent. wink.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

Ey, a cool thread :) So, let's see. Sony Xperia ION, rooted,overclocked to 1.8 GHz(oops it just fell down on the floor), 13mp camera(this thing is awesome),TWRP kernel for JB, Custom ROM: Paranoid android 3+ a.k.a CyanogenMod+64 Gb SD card, and that's it :)

My iPhone is very customized and I specially installed a Fluttershy theme for it and a store-bought cover. I also have many apps and games. (don't be surprised if I mention anything about gaming) img-1873159-1-happy.png  

Edited by Glimmer Lily
  • Brohoof 1

Now, I'm no fan of either, but I am quite picky when it comes to stuff like OS' and such. Personally, I enjoy both devices, I own a iPhone 4G and a Samsung Galaxy S3 Tablet, and I can say both have perks that I can enjoy.

iPhone

- Simple Layout And Design

- Lots of Entertaining Apps

- Jailbreak (I haven't jailbroken my iPhone, But I own my friends old Jailbroken IPod Touch)

Android

- More Advanced Layout (Personally, I prefer it over the ios layout)

- So much possibility

- A lot of user made things on the Google Play store

So, discuss away!

Windows Phone.

• Has features the iPhone doesn't have (e.g. NFC, built-in FM radio)
  • Layout is exactly how I want it to be, no need to fiddle around with custom ROMs just to make it behave as I want it to
  • Easy to use, consistent across devices
  • Nice and responsive even on "cheap" hardware
  • Easier to find apps you want because they're not buried under a sea of fart apps and other useless apps like that
  • Officially supports PayPal
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno honestly, i've got a simple phone that doesn't belong to either.

i have an ipod, which is similar to an iphone and i find it nice, personally i guess its just whatever you like, i don't think it matters much. Not like ones better then the other totally, ones just different then the other.

I think the fighting and debating over which is better seems kinda pointless.

Then again, this is coming from the guy with the phone with no internet and a sliding keyboard, so.. yeah ;p.

I have been using Android for years now, I have owned an iPhone 4s and an iPad 3 and they drove me insane with the limitations that the OS and Apple put on you. I strive for freedom when it comes to my devices, I always have a need to make the UI and OS exactly the way I want it. It really depends on what you like and what you need from your phone/device. The only one who can answer this question is you, though it is always good to look for others opinions on things. I say go with what feels right to you because what I like and what you like could be two different things.

Edited by Xelphos

Apple. Sorry 'bout that.

Considering I buy TV shows and movies off iTunes, that is why I shall stick with Apple.

I find it hard to explain more reasons why I like Apple, I just do.

Apple! Why not?

Because

-Exclusive Games

-Fast performace

-Beautiful and easy to use interface!

-High Definition!

-Undeniably useful apps

-Siri!

To be Honest though I really hate Android phones.

But when its computers I love both Mac and PC

I'm like vincent in advent children, I don't have a phone xD

Not that I don't want one, it was just a habit my siblings kept breaking theres and ended up with mine because they used them alot more. Planning to get on soon but just a simple one. don't need a 1000 apps or anything. :)

I don't even have a cell phone but I have had experience with both Android and Apple though. I honestly don't like Apple and the only thing made by them that I use is iTunes. So yeah, Android is my choice. I don't plan on buying a phone of any sorts anyway though. The Windows Phone looks nice as well.

I've owned both an Iphone and an Android and personally I liked the android way more the layout is just way better and I just think its faster if you use it for using the internet on it also I think you can get Chrome on the android now though i'm not sure on that because i broke my android and use an iphone 4 right now xD

• Brohoof 1