1. 1. What kind of phone do you have?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry
    • Nokia
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Other

Should of gotten it after the 21st, you would of saved $100 (or gotten a 16GB iPhone 5 for the price).

Uhm no I wouldn't... I got the phone for 300 dollars and it's brand new with subscription. I don't want an iPhone 5 either. Waste of money, seriously.

I have a Sanyo phone which is 4 years old. It does the job, but I'd like a better camera. The one on this phone dosen't take good shots and has a loud shutter noise that you can't turn off. I'm on a pay as you go plan right now, which is nice because there's no monthly bill, but you can't get the really nice phones. I'm looking at upgrading to an iPhone in the near future.

Uhm no I wouldn't... I got the phone for 300 dollars and it's brand new with subscription. I don't want an iPhone 5 either. Waste of money, seriously.

The iPhone 5 16GB starts at $200. The iPhone 4S used to start at $200 for 16GB before September 21st, but now it's 16GB-only for $100.

The iPhone 5 16GB starts at $200. The iPhone 4S used to start at $200 for 16GB before September 21st, but now it's 16GB-only for $100.

What the hell I misstyped. I converted from SEK and wrote wrong. Damn. It's not that expensive here! I got it for 45 DOLLARS. I misstyped...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus unlocked. One of the fastest phones out there. I paid $350 wing-wangs for the thing. It's a 4.65 inch phone, 1 gig of RAM, 1.2 GHZ dual core processor, 4.1 Jellybean software. I have unlimited texting, 2 GB's of data, and the basic 500 minutes or whatnot. Really happy that I saved up and bought it.

I use an unlocked Galaxy Nexus running on the glados kernel. I did have to go out of my way to get my updates directly from google, but I'm very happy with it. My old flip phone was locked down tighter than pandora's box and the only way to put your own ringtones on it was to buy them through virgin mobile's store for $4.99 (plus the ungodly expensive data charges.) I kind of miss the flip phone design, but I don't miss how little control I had over my phone.

This seems to always be a discussion! I personally have a Droid Razr Max. I like it a lot. The screen is much bigger than that iphone! Sure the apps are kinda lame, but the quality is better. (My Opinion)

Let's hear from the other ponies... :)

The Iphone is alright, pretty awesome actually :D It's just that I really REALLYYY hate typing on touch screens and would rather buy a phone or smart phone with a built-in keyboard variant. Between the two, Driod seems to be the more I'd lean more towards, though I rarely use my Iphone, and Droid seems much more durable and sturdy with it's design.

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco

Alright, let's get ready for the opinion of a guy who hates Apple stuff.

The iPhone wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't so... restricted. I mean, unless you jailbreak it, sufficiently voiding warranties and all (I think), you can barely do anything besides what Apple lets you do. You can only install apps from the app store, listen to music synced from one computer...

Droids are much more flexible. They allow non-market apps, and you can upload music and files from any computer you want. Plus, some of Google's features are much better than Apple's.

So yeah, Android.

Edited by #YOLO
  • Brohoof 2

Android. iPhone is pathetic compared to Android. Android can do everything an iPhone can do, plus more. With Android, you can choose various sized screens, hardware, carriers, etc. With iPhone, you are limited to one style of phone. A 3.5/4 inch screen. I own a Galaxy Nexus GSM btw.

Edited by Lunalicious
  • Brohoof 2

I'm on the 'neutral' side-lines. I don't care for or want either. I can not stand touch screen phones - I must have the keypad be physical.

I'm inclined to side more with Apple, though. Just because I'm sick and tired of the attitudes that my friends display against Apple. They think that all iPhone owners are just tools that got them only to be cool (even if that was true, as if becoming a reverse tool makes you any better? Please, we're not in high school anymore.) I just got a new iPod and I will stick with iPods.

• Brohoof 2

For people that think Apple is the best and such, Apple uses Foxconn to produce their products, they have poor working conditions, horrible pay and many Chinese suicide because of their job there. Plus Apple is desperate, they worry that they will soon fall out of the competition. With smartphone giants such as HTC, Samsung, etc, their phones are becoming much better than Apple's products. So, now Apple sues HTC and Samsung claims that they copied the iPhone. Do you know what the reason of their patent lawsuit was? It was because Samsung made phones that had a slide to unlock screen, rectangular shape, and ROUNDED EDGES. That's right, Apple sued Samsung because of those reasons plus many more OBVIOUS features that are present on thousands of phones. Apple now sues other companies because they are afraid they will lose in the competition.

Edited by Lunalicious
  • Brohoof 1

The iPhone wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't so... restricted. I mean, unless you jailbreak it, sufficiently voiding warranties and all (I think), you can barely do anything besides what Apple lets you do. You can only install apps from the app store, listen to music synced from one computer...

Droids are much more flexible. They allow non-market apps, and you can upload music and files from any computer you want. Plus, some of Google's features are much better than Apple's.

So yeah, Android.

I totally agree with you! Me and my boyfriend hate apple anything! I would totally get a macbook, but install a different hardrive on it. But yeah awesome!

• Brohoof 1

I prefer Android, no big reason, IPhones and any other Apple product just never interested me :

....and Iphones are pretty common at school, which seems pretty lame in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

So yeah, Android.

I have my iPhone 4s jailbroken. It makes the whole experience of an iPhone a bajillion times better. I actually would never have an iDevice that isn't jailbroken (well, the stuff like the iTouch and iPhone and such)

• Brohoof 1

I prefer Android, no big reason, IPhones and any other Apple product just never interested me :

....and Iphones are pretty common at school, which seems pretty lame in my opinion.

Everyone has a stupid Iphone at my school. Whenever I take out my Driod they think it's an old age dinosaur! But i could care less about people at my school, Lol!

• Brohoof 1

I honestly love both.

iOS is an incredibly fluid and usable system. It's like caviar. iOS is brushed, smooth, and feels like a very high-end, premium product. With Apple, you're not just buying a phone; you're buying into a gated garden rather than open ghetto. iCloud, iTunes, a world of quality apps, iBooks, streamlined software, a connected experience, and usability is what makes an iPhone an iPhone. It's incredibly easy to just pick it up and use it, which can be different on an Android device. iOS has always been notable for it's intuitiveness, beauty, and buttery-smooth performance, while Android has always been notable for being the opposite.

Android feels like the lesser of two evils, although I still enjoy it. It's far more customizable, and post-Gingerbread (Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean) certainly stacks up to, if not exceed iOS's functionality and smoothness. While Apple was previously the shepherd leading the rest of the sheep, Google is certainly Apple-fying itself and taking Apple's spot as the monarch over the tech world. I personally feel like the iPhone 5 was a collection of minor upgrades that together created one major improvement. That being said, I don't think it's the huge revolution Apple always markets its products as. Of course, it's still a stellar phone, but it really shows that Apple is slowing down in innovation, whereas its competitors are accelerating in speed.

But that's a ramble on iOS/Android. iPhone/Droid is a very old comparison as well, but I don't think that's the case anymore. It's really iPhone/Galaxy now; Galaxy devices are now the top Android gadgets, not Droids. I personally don't like Droids; I'd get an S3 or Galaxy Nexus any day of the week over any modern-day Droid.

• Brohoof 2

I am with Apple and i totally respect android. i had an Android but i did't like it very well and i am aware that the galaxy SIII is a good phone but Apple is my choice it is what I know best and again android is a really good phone company i like both

Edited by Brohoof117

For people that think Apple is the best and such, Apple uses Foxconn to produce their products, they have poor working conditions, horrible pay and many Chinese suicide because of their job there. Plus Apple is desperate, they worry that they will soon fall out of the competition. With smartphone giants such as HTC, Samsung, etc, their phones are becoming much better than Apple's products. So, now Apple sues HTC and Samsung claims that they copied the iPhone. Do you know what the reason of their patent lawsuit was? It was because Samsung made phones that had a slide to unlock screen, rectangular shape, and ROUNDED EDGES. That's right, Apple sued Samsung because of those reasons plus many more OBVIOUS features that are present on thousands of phones. Apple now sues other companies because they are afraid they will lose in the competition.

I was looking at that, I found this comment on the topic:

"Apple reminds of a wimp who would not let his girlfriend talk to other men because he’s afraid she’d dump him. It’s getting ridiculous."

It makes somewhat sense xD

• Brohoof 3

Apple products are like putting lipstick on a pig.

Hehe, seriously though, I have no interest at all in apple produdcts and I've never had.

Besides, Andrid does so much more things than iOS. It can do everything iOS can + alot of other things.

The only reason people gets an iPhone are because everyone else has one and they're too blind to see Android phones are better.

Edited by Mr. Nibblers
  • Brohoof 1

I have personally owned both an android (google samsung nexus s) and an iPhone (which I am currently using). I have to say that in terms of fastness, smoothness, and overall practicality I have to hand it to iPhone. I have been a life long iTunes user, well that is ever since it launched in 2003 I believe. So you better believe that I have a massive amount of music and apps that I bought from iTunes before buying an iPhone. It really irked me that my nexus could not flawlessly sync with my music library and that I had to go through, ugh *shudders*, windows media player. I did jailbreak my iPhone as soon as I got it and unjailbroke it (which is something you can do when it comes to warrenty and they are none the wiser) so that I could upgrade to the recent iOS 10.6. I honestly hated typing on my nexus, and then I got an iPhone and for some reason touch screen typing did not seem so bad. It feels different somehow on the iPhone then it did on the nexus. I will jailbreak my iPhone 4s once again when they come out with an unteathered version of cydia for the 10.6, but until then I am perfectly content with what I have.

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 2