1. 1. What kind of phone do you have?

• iOS
    • Android
    • Blackberry
    • Nokia
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Other

I owned the iPhone 3&4 and they served me well, but once the Galaxy SIII came out, I was too entice and so jumped ship. I don't regret it. It was a bit of a change to get used to, but I picked it up very quickly and love the new found freedom I have. How my phone looks and functions is up to me and I love that. Don't get me wrong, this isn't an "I hate Apple" post. I've just been there and done that and moved on. iPhones are still great phones, I just feel Apple wrongly gets credited with innovation that's been present in Android phones for years.

Right now, I have one of those phones that slide out to a full keyboard. Mine's from LG, I believe it's called a Neon II.

However, I'm hoping to get an Iphone 4s in about a week. Not an Iphone 5, because I don't see the point in getting a brand new >$100.00 phone that's basically the exact same thing as its predeccesor.

I have an iPhone 4 that I got for Christmas a year ago. I use it for a lot of things, and I still have on the same protector I put on it when I got it. Also without it, I couldn't play the MLP mobile game. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what you've said about the iPhone They're the lowest quality smartphones on the market, yet they sell simply because they have the Apple logo on the back. I'd get the Windows phone, but the Samsung Galaxy S3 is fantastic as well.

Oh, and to answer your original question, I have some sort of boring messaging phone. Nothing too special.

• Brohoof 1

I my self have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus with I absolutely love it, and my mom has an iPhone 4s and yes they are a bit over rated but they still have the best camera on a smart phone. The S3 is a really good phone and is a great chose, but if you care more for battery life the droid max kills in that category it just has a camera that sucks.

edit: my grammar sucks. ^__^

Edited by Lux Brush
  • Brohoof 1

Where's the option for BlackBerry OS and webOS? Grr.

That aside, most people seem to have good things to say about Samsung phones. My parents love theirs. Personally, I don't care for iOS or Android, and have yet to try Windows Phone, but again, just me. If you like Android, really can't go wrong with a Sammy.

• Brohoof 1

I had the first-generation Android, and it was SO bad that I almost screamed. Now I have an iPhone, and it doesn't turn off on it's own or switch my contact's numbers so I'm fine with it. But I've heard better reviews for the Galaxy, so I'd go that route.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

Batter life is important but I am not on my phone playing games all the time.

Don't forget that 4G LTE will kill battery life as well. Oh and which cellphone carriers do you have? That would also help in us recommending phones.

• Brohoof 1

Mine is a Galaxy S III. I absolutely love it, but TouchWiz isn't really my thing. GO Launcher and GO Locker are now being used in place of the stock UI. Lots of people have complained to me about GO being too resource intensive and slowing their phones down, but the S III has no trouble whatsoever with it. This thing has all the processing power anybody would currently need of a smartphone and it rarely stutters or lags on me. The only time it does is occasionally when GO pulls down an update, but the solution is simple: reboot. Smooth sailing from then on. Samsung has faithfully released OS updates too, which also helps with performance and sometimes features an interface improvement. The display is fantastic as well. AMOLED screens have always had an inherent bluing that this one doesn't. Samsung has pretty much perfected the pentile display with this phone. LCDs still look better, but even the most narcissistic of people should have no complaints about color accuracy or saturation here. Despite the huge screen it's still very thin and light. The rear camera is quite good, but performs best under natural lighting. I'll give you a few pictures that I've taken. Click them for the full size as a grainy, scaled-down image won't do the camera justice.

I took this picture under a 13W, soft-white flourescent bulb:

post-6104-0-67404500-1352761482_thumb.jpg

And this one with daylight coming through the window:

post-6104-0-28086500-1353349187_thumb.jpg

That's how well it handles close-up shots. Here are some I took outdoors with the last one giving you a good idea of how it focuses:

post-6104-0-44081400-1353649209_thumb.jpg

post-6104-0-51324800-1353649221_thumb.jpg

post-6104-0-19070700-1353649232_thumb.jpg

The front facing camera isn't as good but I have no need of it. Self-portraits are its only purpose.

• Brohoof 2

I have a Samsung from Verizon. It's that "cheap" non-smartphone...

Anyway, I say get the iPhone. One of the reasons is that I know how it works and don't know how the others work.

But honestly, it is up to you. Get what you want/need.

• Brohoof 1

Ya, it is a crazy mess out there to pick a good phone. Though sins you have AT&T you have a wide rang of phone OS to chose from. You have good phone for all three iOS, Androd and Windos phone 8. If you would like to know more about WinPhone8 check out the podcast Windos Weekly on the TWiT network. http://www.twit.tv

• Brohoof 1

I just got an IPhone 4S. I feel like the 5 is pointless, although I do kind of like apple products. I like it so far. And personally, I don't think it's that overrated. I might change my mind eventually, though.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm gonna be totally honest here, I've got one of those phones that has a keyboard that slides out, and theres nothing smart about it lol. Its quite slow honestly when browsing menus and stuff. Like really slow.

It has a touch screen, if that counts for anything. Dunno the model or anything, I know its an ATNT phone though.

The thing is I don't really use my phone much, I know I'm weird. But nobody really ever texts me or even asks for my number or anything, so I just tend not to use it much. Really I think the only reason I even have a phone is because considering I'm a freshman in highschool it would be weird not to have one, plus I need it because that way I can call my parents so they don't worry when i'm not home or something.

I do have an Ipod though, And I'm fine with that. I don't use a phone enough to justify buying a fancy one, thats all.

However I do have to say Apple is getting really bland with their releases, especially without Steve jobs.

Who knows though, maybe eventually i'll have the need for a smartphone of some kind in the future. For now though, I don't.

I've heard the Galaxy is quite amazing though, don't have much first hand experience seeing or operating one though, so idk.

• Brohoof 1

Samsung Galaxy S3, so Android I suppose. I have unlimited data for the most part. For some reason, I have only 20 minutes a month when calling landlines, but when calling mobile phones I have unlimited.

• 2 months later...

I have an iPhone 5 and love it. I love the simplicity, the elegance, everything. The only Android phone I know of that could compete is the Galaxy S3 which is just ginormous, in my opinion. I could never use any phone that big.

I say android but that is because I have never owned an apple product in my life I dont see much point in spending £500 on somthing that I will never use. You see I use my phone to make phone calls and text messages thats it. I dont feel the need to access the internet from my phone when Im out and about since when Im out and about I focus on what Im doing not my mobile phone. I come from a time where we used to have conversations in person and call people to talk to them using words instead of sending a text #stuck in the 90s

I have an IPhone 4s right now, and I like it. However, I've seen what Androids can do, so I wouldn't have a problem with having an Android. Overall, I think Androids are further ahead than IPhones.