Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have an easy time making friends?

FatalRain

If so, do you keep those new friends?

How long do you tend to keep friends?

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? 

As for me, I don't have the easiest time making new friends and lately it seems like when I do, they only talk to me for a month tops, and then disappear in some manner

I had kept a best friend for over 10 years, but recently disconnected from them

I'm definitely an introvert, especially when first meeting people

however, once I get comfortable, I get very talkative ^^'

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm a very quiet person, and thus it takes me awhile to make new friends. My closest friends are my internet friends, since it seems easier for me to open up here on the internet. As for real life, I'm definitely and introvert, but I do like to stick with the friends I have. However, a couple of my old friends and I have fallen apart over the years, but I still try to talk to them occasionally. :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm quiet, and very socially awkward.

That said, though, I don't have too difficult of a time making friends.

... Well, okay, that's a lie. The friends I have now are some scattered over the course of a couple years and I haven't even reached the five-person mark, but somehow or another, I've managed to make friends.

I think it primarily revolves around the fact that we all share the common connection of being a bunch of geeky dorks with no real lives outside of the internet, video games, and each other.

... Mostly the internet.

friends? Is that something you can eat?

I think I'm to shy ... most of the time, I sit on my laptop or playing games

I only get out, when I have to

buy something, working, school, travel to my father etc. and that's not really much time, to find new friends

So I don't have friends, except for internet, dunno, but I'm more open with everything here in the internet then in real life ...

No, I'm a very quiet person, and thus it takes me awhile to make new friends. My closest friends are my internet friends, since it seems easier for me to open up here on the internet. As for real life, I'm definitely and introvert, but I do like to stick with the friends I have. However, a couple of my old friends and I have fallen apart over the years, but I still try to talk to them occasionally. :)

I feel the same way

It's easier to be myself online because if someone doesn't like me, I can get away from them easily and not have to feel their negative aura

but when I know someone irl doesn't like me it's just....really hard to deal with ^^'

no, i tend to shy away from people but if i end up talking to you im usually mean at first. because i cant trust people easily, and i have slight social anxiety issues. 

I have social anxiety and trust issues as well

yet I'm always nice to people ^^'

• Brohoof 1

heck yes! friends are awesome! it is really easy for me... basically every person i met, if i don't despite it, turns into a friend, which is fantastic for parties! having one this saturday, already rent a place and a dj friend of mine, for a friend that comes back here in italy from 2 years in canada, gonna be a blast!

Yes! It's very hard for me to make true friends who I would sacrifice my life for. That's hard for everyone. However I make buddies really easily. Consider them people I like but I wouldn't sacrifice my life for them just yet. I don't really try to make buddies but I suppose that's what attracts them to me :) For all of you who think being hard at making friends is bad, you're wrong. All your feelings are part of who you are and your attitudes will attract different kinds of people. I wouldn't worry to much. Besides! This place is full of friendly people. You made some buddies by just leaving posts. So I have tons of buddies. And as you can tell by the size of this reply, I'm not afraid of talking a lot or sharing my feelings.  :yay:

I do not have very many friends, and I only make about a friend a year.

If so, do you keep those new friends?

How long do you tend to keep friends?

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? 

1. Half of friends I keep, the rest just fade out of my life and disappear.  A year later, they are typically people I wouldn't want to be friends with in the first place.
  2. I keep them either for a very long time or for just a few months.
  3. I am strongly introverted.

However, since I've become a brony a month ago, the bronies have got me thinking of actually trying to make friends.  Given that many people hate me, I expect to have trouble with it, but not much.

Edited by abct8

Yes! It's very hard for me to make true friends who I would sacrifice my life for. That's hard for everyone. However I make buddies really easily. Consider them people I like but I wouldn't sacrifice my life for them just yet. I don't really try to make buddies but I suppose that's what attracts them to me :) For all of you who think being hard at making friends is bad, you're wrong. All your feelings are part of who you are and your attitudes will attract different kinds of people. I wouldn't worry to much. Besides! This place is full of friendly people. You made some buddies by just leaving posts. So I have tons of buddies. And as you can tell by the size of this reply, I'm not afraid of talking a lot or sharing my feelings.  :yay:

Ah, I envy that ^^

Sometimes I think I don't make buddies easily because I seem at a loss with what to say to people or something like that

Or I get intimidated and think I'll be annoying them if I keep replying to them >a<

• Brohoof 2

Ah, I envy that ^^

Sometimes I think I don't make buddies easily because I seem at a loss with what to say to people or something like that

Or I get intimidated and think I'll be annoying them if I keep replying to them >a<

Do you want to change that? Are you ready to face yourself? :)

Yeah, it's pretty hard to for me to make friends.

I feel like I tend to rub people the wrong way. I'm not sure why. I suspect it has something to do with my dislike for small talk. I'd much rather discuss political philosophy or scientific principles.

I'm definitely an introvert. I do actually derive the most satisfaction from staying in my room, contemplating theories and reading books. I do have a couple of friends, but mostly I have acquaintances who come and go in my life.

• Brohoof 1

Do you want to change that? Are you ready to face yourself? :)

I'm not sure yet ^^'

It's weird, because I used to be overly friendly online

I'd reply to people until they stopped replying to me

and then after a little bit of time, end up sending another message

I'm not sure why I changed 

Yeah, it's pretty hard to for me to make friends.

I feel like I tend to rub people the wrong way. I'm not sure why. I suspect it has something to do with my dislike for small talk. I'd much rather discuss political philosophy or scientific principles.

I'm definitely an introvert. I do actually derive the most satisfaction from staying in my room, contemplating theories and reading books. I do have a couple of friends, but mostly I have acquaintances who come and go in my life.

I often feel like I rub people the wrong way too

However, I have no speculation as to why

sometimes I think I'm too honest and open that it bugs people ^^'

It must be hard to find people to discuss those subjects though

Especially within younger age groups

As for me, I'm not a huge fan of either topics

I'm more into talking about less stressful topics  ^_^

It's not that I don't want to make friends, it's just not something that ever came naturally to me.

Even on here, I don't think I've ever initiated a conversation. I hope people don't think I'm just rude, I promise that's not the case. I would be happy to talk to any of you.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 3

I'm not sure yet ^^'

It's weird, because I used to be overly friendly online

I'd reply to people until they stopped replying to me

and then after a little bit of time, end up sending another message

I'm not sure why I changed 

Well your mood changes, which is normal. One day I'm super happy and the next I'm really sad. I try to stay happy all the time but to be happy, I sometimes need to cry. Anyway I'm getting an idea for a topic so I should stop flooding this one. 

Well your mood changes, which is normal. One day I'm super happy and the next I'm really sad. I try to stay happy all the time but to be happy, I sometimes need to cry. Anyway I'm getting an idea for a topic so I should stop flooding this one. 

Haha I certainly don't mind

we're merely discussing the topic; nothing wrong there!

it's not exactly a mood though

it's just like...I don't know, I guess I changed

I went from a social butterfly to a caterpillar back in it's cocoon @A@

It's not that I don't want to make friends, it's just not something that ever came naturally to me.

Even on here, I don't think I've ever initiated a conversation. I hope people don't think I'm just rude, I promise that's not the case. I would be happy to talk to any of you.

I only initiate conversation if I get a good vibe from someone

but sometimes I'm mislead by those vibes 

It's somewhat rare for me to initiate conversation with someone anymore

Unless it's in a setting like this, where they're replying to my thread haha

It must be hard to find people to discuss those subjects though Especially within younger age groups As for me, I'm not a huge fan of either topics I'm more into talking about less stressful topics 

I suppose those topics aren't the ENTIRETY of my conversational repertoire. I also like talking sci-fi and fantasy with people, but I do tend to end up linking them back to real-world politics or science... :D  

I suppose those topics aren't the ENTIRETY of my conversational repertoire. I also like talking sci-fi and fantasy with people, but I do tend to end up linking them back to real-world politics or science... :D  

I think my whole thing is that I like to get as far away from the real world as I can  :lol:

Apparently, in the last few years, I have a hard time. I have very few as it is, and making new ones seems to elude me.

I dont know how i make friends, i just stand around and talk to people around me. Eventually, we talk the night or day away.. its awesome. I dont try to make friends really..

Sorry if that sounded like boasting, it wasnt meant to sound that way :(

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the type of person. I'm generally friendly and outgoing, but funnily enough, in the presence of people like me (similarly shy, nerdy, also see your typical brony) it's a bit harder to open up for some reason. Too many shys spoil the soup I guess.

I find it very hard not making friends but keeping them. If you've read my earlier posts you know that I have an uncanny ability to say the wrong thing and annoying people!

You and me both  :(

I wish people would tell me what I say wrong

instead I go on wondering