S04:E18 - Maud Pie  

351 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. Top 3 in the season for sure. Don't think it tops Pinkie Pride, but holy damn, this episode really shone.

Review coming.

• Brohoof 5

Maud: .........I threw a rock.

Mane 6, Princesses, Discord, Etc.: ...

Maud: .........

Maud: .........

Maud: .........It was a big rock.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

This episode was awesome sauce. 

Will post more later but for now, I have to say that I loved Maud's turnaround from boring and unimaginative to rock smashing badass. Maybe she's a Pokemon and her trainer had taught her Rock Smash while she was off camera? Anyway, I love Maud, even when she's super excited :lol: But yeah, I loved how she just practically flew over to Pinkie and smashed that rock. Never saw that coming. Of course I knew SOMEONE had to do something. Putting Pinkie Pie in danger was a pretty ballsy move on their part. I'm sure every Pinkie fan felt a little poo come out as that was happening. 

Maud is officially awesome. 

This episode is one of the best of the season for sure :)

• Brohoof 2

THAT WAS AN ADORABLE EPISODE! I MEAN PINKIE AND HER SISTER BONDING AND HOW PERFECT THEY PLAY OFF EACH OTHER WAS AMAZING AND, ehem yep pretty solid episode. Best pony seems to have the best episodes this season. Also this episode has a lot of great humor with how Maud plays off every pony so

10/10

• Brohoof 4

The past few episodes were ones I could like, but not love; this episode, however, is one I indeed love! :D

First off, Rarity had a fucking awesome hat. Hats kick ass.

Second off, Maud was hawt, in a weird way.

Third, I can't nitpick a flaw in this episode; seriously, I got nothing. This episode was extremely solid throughout, having a great flow, great characterization, introducing a great new character, and givin' wittle 'ol me Rarity in a giant hat that made me grin with the histrionic feels it had oozing from it :D (Hey, that's one of the things I love about Rarity :wub: )

This is the second best episode of the season to me, and maybe even top 10 of the series! :D I really was just grinning the whole time, and this is easily one of the best MLP episodes I've ever watched.

Rarity Takes Manehattan > Maud Pie > Pinkie Pride.

I'm ain't hiding it.

Overall, on a one to five scale, I give it....

:D :D :D :D :D 

• Brohoof 7

I loved this episode, it was nice to see Pinkie trying to bond her friends and her sister together, and then later when hearing it wasn't working out, was sad, poor Pinkie, I loved Maud in this, it's nice to see a character who's so dull that she's interesting, her personality was like a rock haha, Seeing the pets was also nice considering we haven't seen them as much as we used to. Seeing Twilight and friends try to bond with Maud was funny and cute too, and it's nice that Maud and Pinkie's friends all care about Pinkie as a common trait. All in all a good episode, 9/10!

• Brohoof 1

overall an enjoyable episode. Pinkie was her annoying self but it actually (i cant believe I'm saying this)Helped in this episode by what maud said when pinkie was doing cartwheels "I dont show my excitement lie my sister does" . Maud was awesome, her and her monotonous voice remind me of HP from Fairly odd parents (minus the crazy, taking over the world part). it wasnt an episode that left me laughing, butit wasn't an episode where i was completely uninterested. it was a middle of the road episode. 

one thing that bugged me was they were at the rock farm, but we saw no one. i really would have liked to see everyone else at least a little bit.

6/10

img-2408476-1-Maud_Pie_ID_S4E18.png

ab63333035d4159cd8b37b6224f7f838.jpg

Peridot: You... free Saturday night?

Maud: .........Sure.

*Later...*

Peridot: *Sips chamomile tea* So... what do you think?

Maud: *Sips chamomile tea* .........It tastes like mint.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

I give this a 10/10 for being one of the best episodes of the season. Maud Pie wasn't exactly the "opposite" of Pinkie, but seemed to be more analogous to her. It would have been nice if the episode had shown all of Pinkie's family rather than just her sister. 

*Sets down pipe*

This episode was pretty darn legit.

Loved Maud's deadpanning and I thought there were several hilarious scenes, such as when Maud bit the rock that fell out of Rarity's hat instead of a muffin, Maud kicked that boulder into the distance, causing an explosion, and when Maud said she didn't care about winning, causing Rainbow Dash's jaw to drop.

I also loved the lesson in this one, that not everypony can be your friend, but there always can be something that can bring you together, in this case their common bond with Pinkie Pie.

Oh, and before I forget...

Maud crushing that boulder with her bare hooves was LEGIT!

• Brohoof 3

Season 4 is getting back to its former groove again! Loved this episode. :D

Maud is just awesome, I love her. Her dry humor and generally unexpressive nature really made the episode for me- she was a very, very different kind of pony. All the rock gags were pretty great too if you ask me(especially Rarity's rock hat, haha). :lol:

The mane 6 were fine in this episode too of course, I think Pinkie might have been a bit too excessive at points here though- I mean, yeah her and her sister are opposites and they attract I guess, we get it, we don't need Pinkie excessively screeching every other sentence m'kay? :huh:

The episode in general was a bit excessive in trying to portray the other characters as an antithesis of Maud actually... I could have done without all the super-duper friendship talk for example. >_>

Still, all that was only moderately annoying to me, the episode as a whole was pretty excellent actually- Maud really made this episode, she was a new character that truly stole the show in a manner all her own. Sure, it would have been nice to see the rest of Pinkie's family too(and Maud's cutie mark, for that matter, although if I was a betting man I'd say it's a rock), but what we did see was an unorthadox yet sweet bonding story between ponies of friendship and a pony of... rocks. Yeah. :lol:

9/10

• Brohoof 2