SMB3 Vs. SMW  

14 users have voted

1. 1. Which game?

• SMB3
    • SMW
  2. 2. Which signature?

• Tanooki Suit
    • Yoshi

SMB 3 was a great leap forward at the time, no doubt, and it's still a great game I love to play.<br /><br />But come on, SMW just blew it along with most other platformer games out of the water. SMB 3, while still good entertainment, has obviously aged quite a bit and its shine has worn off some over that time; SMW, on the other hand is every bit as fun and exciting as it was when it was brand new.

I'm going with world because its the first game i ever played(let alone saw), it introduced one the cutest characters in gaming Yoshi, it looked great then and it looks great now, and of course it includes my favorite video game power up, THE CAPE FEATHER!!!!

This is pretty difficult. Between the two, I had more fun with Super Mario Bros 3, even though I think Super Mario World is the better game

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 3/15/2014 at 9:30 AM, ninjamon102938 said:

I'm going with world because its the first game i ever played(let alone saw), it introduced one the cutest characters in gaming Yoshi, it looked great then and it looks great now, and of course it includes my favorite video game power up, THE CAPE FEATHER!!!!

Yoshi > Toad.

I'm just saying here.

Edited by A.V.

• 5 years later...

I prefer World. The controls are a lot tighter and I enjoy all the secrets and hidden levels. I also find that the level design is a lot more refined.

Mario 3 pushed the boundaries of the NES and is one of the finest games on the system, but I don't go back to it as much as World. Both are near perfect games, though. :fluttershy:

Mario 3. One of the best, if not THE best, in the entire 2D section of the Mario franchise. I still play it to this day and it's still absolutely incredible to play through. I love Mario World, don't get me wrong but Mario 3 was a childhood defining platformer for me.

There are better Super NES platformers anyway. DKC2 immediately springs to mind.

• Brohoof 1

Mario 3: Better powerups, better atmosphere, more varied level themes, cooler secrets.

Mario World: Better controls, better music, better graphics.

Both are phenomenal games. I honestly switch back and forth between which I like more on a monthly basis. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with either one: It's like choosing between Sonic 2/Sonic 3&K or SSX Tricky/SSX3.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

SMB3 Pros & Cons.

Pros: More Powerups than the first two games, Tanooki Suit, More of everything in terms of visuals, levels, and enemy design from the first two games.

Cons: No save or password feature (NES version only), No Luigi.

SMW Pros & Cons.

Pros: Tight Controls, Cape Feather (overpowered Tanooki Suit), Save Feature.

Cons: No Luigi (SNES only, to play Luigi play Super Mario Advance 2 on GBA)

My vote: It’s hard to say, but I’ll go for SMW. I like the Tanooki Suit powerup more so than Yoshi soo...

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding furthermore in underlined

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario World, hands down. Obvious SMB3 is a fantastic NES game, no doubt, but there is no competing with SMW. Its controls are basically perfection, it has Yoshi, wonderful music and just so many things to see. It is one of those games I can pick up at any time and have a lot of fun.

Thinking about this is making me more and more excited for Mario Maker 2. :mlp_yay:

Hell, that’s not an easy one. SMB3 was a HUGE step up, and World improved even further in many ways. World also happens to be the first game I finished, EVER :D. Too bad I’m not seeing the same ambition with the NSMB series :dry:

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 3 years later...

Super Mario 3 is very difficult to beat, its complete design is going to win over Super Mario World, which is ruined by its physics and slightly looser design.

• Brohoof 1