Dislestia and Fluttercord debate

Vorax

Dislestia/Fluttercord poll  

58 users have voted

1. 1. Dislestia or Fluttercord

• Fluttercord
    • Dislestia
    • Neither or Other

I am a Fluttercord shipper but I don't hate Dislestia. Lately I've been seeing Dislestia in a lot of places (not a bad thing). This makes me think "Why do people prefer Dislestia? And why do people prefer Fluttercord?" This is by no means a fight, I just want to hear both sides of the spectrum. No criticizing and have fun.

Edited by Vorax

I really don't like Dislestia. The two just don't fit together in my head. Celestia would just hate him because he would destroy everything that is important for her and her ponies, given the chance.

I also think that this thread needs a poll.

• Brohoof 2

There's an interesting potential dynamic in either case. Consider the sort of history that comes with the leader of a nation and one of that nation's arguably greatest enemies, the tension that could be interpreted as romantic in the hands of a good writer. Then consider the dynamic of the mare who is the sole 'real friend' of a guy, who is his apparent redeemer. Both are arguably classic romance tropes, so they both attract their share of the shippers. I'm personally not biased towards either, I think they both bring cool things to the table.

• Brohoof 2

Mainly because Discord and Celestia go together a bit better, and how (when they were young) Discord used to enjoy the sun that Celestia brang. I like to see fluttershy as a psychiatrist to discord.... 

This video gives an awesome perspective

Edited by TheChosenPony
  • Brohoof 1

Let's not forget about Discopie. That couple is random! Chocolate Rain for the win.

Yeah, forgot to mention. This is my favorite ship for Discord. They're just the two most similar characters for one another in the show, just on different points of the 'good' spectrum.

I think that Discord is too much of a dick to be in a relationship with anypony. Also I just don't see Fluttershy and Discord working out, and I think that the only reason people are shipping Discord and Celestia is because they were enemies at first. But if I'm wrong then just tell me.

Edited by Shenron00
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think that Discord is too much of a dick to be in a relationship with anypony. Also I just don't see Fluttershy and Discord working out, and I think that the only reason people are shipping Discord and Celestia is because they were enemies at first. But if I'm wrong then just tell me.

Idk why Dislestia exists. Discord, in my thoughts at least, is not that type of person who would be a dick in a relationship. That role goes to somepony like Blueblood.

Mainly because Discord and Celestia go together a bit better, and how (when they were young) Discord used to enjoy the sun that Celestia brang. I like to see fluttershy as a psychiatrist to discord....

This video gives an awesome perspective

I respect all opinions as I said. That video is awesome though.

Let's not forget about Discopie. That couple is so random! Chocolate Rain for the win.

Discopie: My Opinions- I prefer Cheesepie. Overall I've never thought of it that much. There doesn't seem to be much of a connection between them like Discord and Fluttershy which is why I don't ship it or Dislestia.

I really don't like Dislestia. The two just don't fit together in my head. Celestia would just hate him because he would destroy everything that is important for her and her ponies, given the chance.

I also think that this thread needs a poll.

I don't think, as of now, Discord would destroy the world intentionally or that he is full evil. I would like to see an episode where his redemption is tested though. How do I add a poll? Edited by Vorax

I don't think, as of now, Discord would destroy the world intentionally or that he is full evil. I would like to see an episode where his redemption is tested though. How do I add a poll?

You need to edit the first post and use the full editor. There will be an option to manage the poll. In the right.

About Discord: maybe. But I doubt that Celestia would just forget everything he did and fall madly in love with him. People just like this notion of "opposites attract". Second: nopony really trusts Discord and with good reason.

Celestia lived in a brutal world where Discord tortured everyone until the two princesses found the Elements of harmony and defeated him. Not only is there no reason to believe Celestia loved him, there are many reasons for her to hate his guts.

And I don't ship Fluttercord because I already ship Shyceps (See avatar).

I don't think anypony is willing to be in a relationship with what was once the god of chaos, who created a world of suffering for his own amusement. The mane 6's interactions with him post-reform look more like a cautious friendship than anything vaguely romantic.

• Brohoof 1

Celestia lived in a brutal world where Discord tortured everyone until the two princesses found the Elements of harmony and defeated him. Not only is there no reason to believe Celestia loved him, there are many reasons for her to hate his guts.

And I don't ship Fluttercord because I already ship Shyceps (See avatar).

I don't think anypony is willing to be in a relationship with what was once the god of chaos, who created a world of suffering for his own amusement. The mane 6's interactions with him post-reform look more like a cautious friendship than anything vaguely romantic.

I agree with your opinions on why Dislestia would have trouble happening, mind you "trouble", implying that it may happen, but it would take a ton of character development on Discord's part. As for him and the Mane 6. I think that, given time, they may warm up to him. I believe Fluttercord is more plausible because Flutters already accepts Discord for who he is and they seem to have a pretty deep connection at this point that could, in the future, lead to a romantic relationship.

• Brohoof 1

Either ship you choose, you're bound to see at least 20 sadfics with endings that make you hear this in your mind:

Please, that's too normal and sensible for Discord. More like:

• Brohoof 1

I mostly like Dilestia because I find it really really funny, I could just imagine all the trolling that would go on in such a relationship. Knowing Discord he would probably call her "princess sunbutt" or something like that and they would probably have some rather interesting make up sex. Fluttercord does make some sense considering their new friendship but I kind of prefer fluttermac and flutterdash.

You need to edit the first post and use the full editor. There will be an option to manage the poll. In the right.

About Discord: maybe. But I doubt that Celestia would just forget everything he did and fall madly in love with him. People just like this notion of "opposites attract". Second: nopony really trusts Discord and with good reason.

"Opposites attract" is also pretty much the reasoning for Rarijack, but that is another story. I think Dislestia, if it were to happen, would take quite some time. I agree that 5 of the Mane 6 hate Discord's guts (or at least dislike him). However, when Discord does something seemingly dickish he does it for good or understandable reasons beneath the dickish behavior. In "Princess Twilight Sparkle" he does act like a dick, but he teaches Twi a lesson. Albeit in his own way of doing so. Also, in "Three's a Crowd" he tried to separate Twi and Cadence, but did so because he was jealous, an understandable emotion, in my eyes at least, that proves he cares about the friendship of Twilight Sparkle.

I mostly like Dilestia because I find it really really funny, I could just imagine all the trolling that would go on in such a relationship. Knowing Discord he would probably call her "princess sunbutt" or something like that and they would probably have some rather interesting make up sex. Fluttercord does make some sense considering their new friendship but I kind of prefer fluttermac and flutterdash.

You sir have hit the nail on the head of why I don't hate Dislestia. I find it awkward though because of their enemy status, I think it would go somewhat like this. "Hello Celestia! You froze my ass in stone but I still find yours (spanks Celestias flank) quite attractive! Wanna do something sometime?" He then gets blasted with a solar beam in the face and writes Fluttershy a letter stating "Dear Fluttershy, Don't ever ask Celestia out. EVER!, Sincerely, Discord." The idea of 2 immortal trolls coming together also is pretty funny and can lead to some interesting things. I don't ship Fluttermac because they don't have any moments together on the show and are only brought together because they are both shy. As for Flutterdash, give me some irrefutable canon evidence that RD or Flutters is lesbian and we'll talk.

(edited)

And that's for when he's sad.

What about for when he's trolling.

Ugh...Dislestia is for me the worst ship ever. :eww:

I don't want to see best pony with Chaos scum. :angry:

(Yeah, i absolutely despise Discord.)

You made Discord sad! Have you no soul! *goes over to Discord* "It's okay, don't cry. He didn't mean it, you're still awesome to me." Now to comfort Flash Sentry. Seriously though, why the Discord hate? Edited by Vorax

As for Flutterdash, give me some irrefutable canon evidence that RD or Flutters is lesbian and we'll talk.

Fair enough, I prefer straight shippings in general mostly because I like to imagine myself as the stallion but although flutterdash isn't my favorite mare on mare pairing it has more of basis than most of them I think although I can't get enough Appledash both because they are in my top 3 and because though there is no evidence for either of them being lesbians in the show there are so many things you can do with that ship.

Fair enough, I prefer straight shippings in general mostly because I like to imagine myself as the stallion but although flutterdash isn't my favorite mare on mare pairing it has more of basis than most of them I think although I can't get enough Appledash both because they are in my top 3 and because though there is no evidence for either of them being lesbians in the show there are so many things you can do with that ship.

I don't hate lesbian pairings as I'm neutral on Viynltavia. I will, however, love to differ on whoever thought shipping CMC x CMC or DT and SS was a good idea. I too would like to imagine myself sharing some sexy time with Twi and RD. You can ship Flutterdash or Appledash, I just don't believe in the RD Lesbian Fanon and find it a bit offensive since it's a stereotype.

I just don't believe in the RD Lesbian Fanon and find it a bit offensive since it's a stereotype.

I don't mind it so long as it dosen't go "RD is a tomboy with rainbow hair so she must be a lesbian", since when did gays own rainbows anyway?

I don't mind it so long as it dosen't go "RD is a tomboy with rainbow hair so she must be a lesbian", since when did gays own rainbows anyway?

Ikr, but at times that's the only defense they have for their Fanon, it puts a single group in a box with zero evidence and that's why I hate it. She's gay by association. Now let's get back on topic please.

XD sure send me a pm or sumthin if ya want

Dislestia- pairing of Discord and Celestia, also goes by Celestcord

Fluttercord- pairing of Fluttershy and Discord, also goes by Discoshy. Became popular after "Keep Calm and Flutter On."

Any more questions?