Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Glasses/Contact Lenses

Linux Distro

Alright, so I was wondering how many of you guys out there wear contact lenses/glasses or both, and what's your prescription if you know it.

I wear glasses and contacts, but I only wear glasses on lazy days around the house.(as my glasses prescription is outdated.) As of right now my contact prescription is -2.5 and -2.75, my left being worse than my right. I am actually due for an eye appointment, so my vision is not as clear as I would prefer. :P

• Brohoof 5

I wear glasses in school in all of my classes except Gym, but I do occasionally wear them at lunch. :P My vision isn't the best when I'm not wearing my glasses, most of the time I can see without them.

• Brohoof 4

I wear glasses with extremely thick lenses. That's because my right eye has a damaged optical nerve, which can't be fixed. This also partially messed up my left eye as well. Try putting on my glasses and walking a few steps! You might bump into a wall and fall right on your rump! :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm supposed to wear glasses, but I usually don't  :okiedokielokie: 

I'm sorry, those things are just too hard to pull off. I usually wear them on top of my head, like some people do sunglasses, and flip them back down over my eyes when I need to read something :D

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it :D

• Brohoof 2

I wear glasses at home and contact lenses when I am out and about, works better for sports and such.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I wear glasses. I don't, for the life of me, remember my prescription, though. I do know that my right eye sees worse than my left. My left eye is 20/30 while me right eye is 20/70.

post-19338-0-71635100-1394994191_thumb.jpg

They make me look like somewhat dorkish, but I am NOT wearing contacts. I can't imagine poking my eyes four times a day, then having to worry about them getting stuck in my eye. No thank you, I choose sight.

• Brohoof 2

I have glasses, I don't remember the prescription. But I have myopia, I'm nearsighted. I wear them when I have to see something that's far away and sometimes simply because the world is so clear with them. Haven't used contact lenses though.

I do look classy with my glasses on.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I wear glasses, not sure of my perscription, But I'm wearing a pair that have been perscribed in 2012, since I like them better than what I've been perscribed last year, despite them being both the same frames. lol

• Brohoof 2

I wear glasses every day, as my vision is very poor- 20/800, or something around that area last I checked-  and my eyes don't like contacts... >_>

If they did, I'd have around 50 pairs of contacts by now! Most of them colored!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 2

I have a pair of glasses.

But I only need them when I'm doing something close up like reading, homework, drawing, playing on a handheld system...

My vision is fine until you shove something in my face that I need to look close up at.

My eyes just won't focus.

And with activities like drawing, I kinda need to shove my entire face all up in that XD

I kinda have a thing for people with glasses though................. They're cute.

• Brohoof 2

I've been wearing glasses almost my whole life, and probably won't stop. I need them to see anything, unless I'm really close to it. I don't bother with contacts, for the reasons Super mentioned.

• Brohoof 2

I need glasses, I really need them. When I was young, I got a huge slap of sand in the face, most of it got in my right eye. So I am astigmatic.

It doesn't give me headaches, it's just the light that is blurred on a direction, making me see nothing at all. I've been like that for 8 years of my life, so I learned to distinguish the letters so I can read, and my left eye, less damaged, is quite useful...

Sadly, glasses are too expensive, I'll start to work soon and I'll finally get some glasses.

• Brohoof 2

I wear glasses all the time: have done since I was about 5 or so years old because I had cataracts: I wish they were a little bigger but I like big black plastic ones as far as style goes.

I can’t wear contacts because of a stigmatism in my eyes

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

I wear glasses. I do wear contacts sometimes but I hate them. Glasses feel natural to me after so long. I've had them since like fourth grade or something and I'm in high school now.

I always wear my glasses; my distance is pretty crappy without them and I've grown accustomed to seeing this level of detail. It's sort of like viewing movies in 240p for a long time, then suddenly going HD and then going back to low quality again, I can't go back. When I tried on my glasses in high school for the first time, I was mesmerized by the floor.

Anyway, they're titanium frames so they're nice and light. They fit me pretty well and complement my beard pretty nicely. Couldn't do contacts though, they look like a real pain...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I wear glasses at home and contacts if I go out somewhere... especially during the day, then I can wear my shades B)

As for prescription... I don't know the numbers but I'm pretty much blind.

I absolutely need glasses.

I can see stuff close to me easily (like my computer) - but long range, it turns mess of blurred colors. 

Since I pretty absolutely require glasses for anything further than a meter away - I'm forced to wear glasses pretty much all the time.

I'll sometimes take them off while on my computer though.

As for contacts, to hard to maintain and deal with - no way.

I don't wear glasses, but there was a time where I thought I was going to.

But I think girls who wear glasses are super cute! ^^

• Brohoof 1