Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Glasses/Contact Lenses

Linux Distro

For comfort at home when I'm not doing much, I will wear glasses. All the same, and with no offense to those of you who so elegantly redefine the style of their fashion, glasses on me look goofy. I prefer contacts. They work much better for me ;)

• Brohoof 1

I rarely ever take my glasses off. Pretty sure the only time I'm not wearing them is when I'm either reading, taking a shower, or sleeping XD 

All other times, I wear them, as I just feel practically naked without them. I've previously been described as looking like a Chihuahua without my glasses, but the girl that has told me this is a nutjob anyway.

My dad and I are actually the only ones in my entire family that have good eye site, everyone else has to wear glasses or contact lenses! :)

Yup, I wear glasses. All the time unless I'm working in a close environment that wearing them makes things difficult.

I remember he first time I put them in: everything looked so clear, and I didn't know what I was missing, or how a person /should/ be able to see.

• Brohoof 1

I wear glasses all the time. I’m not able to wear lenses, since I can’t put them into my eyes. However my eyes are not that weak, so I can wear no glasses, if I like to.

• 2 weeks later...

its funny, I really never noticed my vision going bad until everyone at my work kept commenting on how close I hold something I am reading to my face, so I had my eyes checked and wow! a huge difference...and to think I have been driving like that for years!  :wacko:

but yes I do wear glasses, though I can't remember my prescription. I will never wear contacts though, I hate things close or touching my eyes *shutters* 

I'm 19 and my vision is worse than my grandma's.

My eye doctor has no idea why my vision is starting to deteriorate, and neither do I.

However, I do weta glasses. (No, there not super-thick and ugly).

They actually look pretty good on me ^^;

I have such sensitive eyes that I avoid using contacts.

In fact, my eyes are so sensitive that if I am walking in a store with shelves that are eye-level, I have a panic attack.

Glasses are cooler. They automatically make you appear and feel smarter. If you need glasses and don't wear them, what is wrong with you? Who cares if you get teased or such, swallow your pride and deal with it. Honestly, grow up, it's not that difficult to put them on and wear them, I got through it with no problems.

(edited)

I like glasses more than I do contacts, but I have never worn contacts because my mom says they can infect your eyes and are very irritating. Glasses are kinda hard to get used to for a week or two. I had glasses twice, and one pair ended in the back tailgate of a truck, and the other was torn by the dog. Back to the eye doctors for yet another pair, I guess. >.< 
#stigmatismssuckbuttcheeks

Edited by PeachBlink

I'm 35, and have no real memory of NOT wearing glasses. I have my every days which I wear every waking moment, and my readers for when I do close work. I don't recall the numbers for my prescription, but I have a very bad astigmatism too. I do know this. Those "drug store" over the counter readers do nothing for me. The most powerful ones they sell are like I'm not even wearing glasses. Here's a piece of info for you. When I was little, I got in HUGE trouble when my mom found out I was setting pieces of paper on fire with my glasses!

LOL!

I wear classes in school, because I can't see much from afar. I should consider taking a test for the third time now, because my sight is getting worse.

I first got glasses at 12 (6th grade). I can barely read a normal computer screen at normal distance. I see enough to do things where I DON'T HAVE to read at a distance and could drive if i needed to (only if I know where I'm going). My most recent glasses are almost 10 years old. I've been lucky and my prescription hasn't really changed. I think it's -3.25 in both eyes.

About 7 years ago a little after I got out of high school (I'm 25 now) I decided to try contacts. BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Putting them in was something I was worried about- but after about a week or two I was fine.

I've never had an eye infection, but have had maybe 3 incidents where a contact became "uncooperative."

I wear soft contacts and only take them out like once a week. HOWEVER, I'm very careful about handling them. I get everything set up/open and then wash and dry my hands. Then I use rubbing alcohol and rub my fingertips and rinse that off and than dry my hands EXCEPT for my fingertips. I let them air dry for about 20 seconds and put my contacts in.

I NEVER touch my contacts unless I have cleaned my fingertips with rubbing alcohol.

If you are careful contacts really aren't bad. I actually find them less annoying than glasses.

My sister however, got careless and nearly lost an eye. I had to take her to the eye doctor a few times and it looked horrible - all red and had a white cornea. NOT COOL!!! :blink:

• Brohoof 1

i have glasses I have astigmatism, lazy eye, no depth perception, no periferal vision, no 3d. I can slightly see out of one eye and the other is almost normal but it's not getting better. In fact it's geting worse. It's bad but it isn't as bad as it could be because I was told i would be legally blind at 18 years old. I'm 30 and I still can read :D