Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Glasses/Contact Lenses

Linux Distro

I wear glasses IF I ACTUALLY NEED TO SEE. (which ya know... who needs vision, right?)

bf9038f0f831c1ca6f4ed94d37f87a14.png

yeah idk, i couldn't keep up with contacts i bet.

(edited)

I hate contact lenses. I've put them in my eyes inside out and its the worst feeling in the world which makes me panic.

I've done this twice. It is the WORST possible THING!!  Seriously- it is. what's even worse is for me it doesn't hurt right away. It takes like two hours and of course I'm at work or something by then. It's worse than if a lens gets lost past the part of your eye that you can see.

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

I have really bad eyes. I have a eye disease called Keratoconus or something like that. Its when the pupil is shaped like a cone. My type of the disease is the least bad one, so its honestly not really that bad, but glasses don't help my eye vision that much anymore. In order for my vision to be okay I need to wear hard contacts so my eyes get shaped properly. I usually just live with bad eyesight though. It honestly is not that bad to live with bad eyesight 24/7

• 4 years later...

I've been wearing glasses since I was five years old, due to having an astigmatism. I will probably not be using contacts in the future, due to not wanting to risk taking a chance amongst its drawbacks. 

Yeah, I started wearing glasses I think when I was 6. 

I've had contacts since I was 13 and I don't even have a pair of glasses anymore because I've NEVER had a pair of glasses that really gave me great vision.

My prescription is a whopping -18 right eye, -15.5 left eye. I laugh at people with wimpy single digit prescriptions!!

Disposable contacts are great and very comfortable. My mom used to have the hard contacts. I don't know if you can even get those anymore but they can actually scratch your eye. I remember in the Sherlock Holmes movie they mentioned wearing GLASS lenses on your eyes. That made me cringe!

On 3/21/2014 at 1:48 PM, MLPForums Phanact said:

I hate contact lenses. I've put them in my eyes inside out and its the worst feeling in the world which makes me panic.

It's really no more painful than having an eyelash in your eye and a lot easier to deal with.

I wear glasses but I can't remember what my prescription was, I wish I didn't have to wear them, it's very annoying when they fog up.  I also don't want to wear contact lenses since I don't trust myself with something like that.

I wear reading glasses sometimes but they're mostly for drawing or doing artwork. I don't use them for reading anymore.

I could never be comfortable with contacts; I wouldn't be able to stand the feel of something sitting right on my naked eyeball.

• 3 months later...

I have to wear prescription eyeglasses due to being near-sighted and having an astigmatism. I really despise eyeglasses though so most of the time I refuse to wear them. :sealed:

I plan on giving contacts a try though. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I wear a pair of glasses, but I don't think I actually really need it, I just wear it because I think I look better in them. :lie: My left eye is fine, but my right eye has just some very minor myopia. 

I've worn glasses since I was young, and I frankly don't find that it's annoying! You get to express so many more emotions with glasses! :laugh: Although some people say I look better without my glasses, I beg to differ... Heh. :adorkable:

• 3 years later...

I can't see well without my glasses, so I wear them almost always, except when I'm sleeping. I don't use contact lens though because I find it extremely difficult to touch my eye.

• 6 months later...

I have glasses. I've considered contacts before because I hate how I look with glasses. But I also hate the thought of having to put contacts in my eye and deal with taking them out when I go to sleep and all that jazz. It grosses me out. So I settled on just only wearing my glasses when I absolutely need them like when driving.

• 4 weeks later...

I wear glasses but I want to try a different style when I end up with a new pair again August of next year. I want a round shape lens instead of square. Those would look more goth on me then these square frame ones do. 

I now do wear glasses... Much like my pony-version of me I made a decade ago. xD I was always *supposed* to wear them, especially for driving, but I got too scared to go to the eye doctor for many years. Finally, I got brave, and now I have glasses and will be able to drive!

• Brohoof 1

I've been wearing glasses since I was five years old. I have considered contacts, but they honestly seem like too much of a pain, so I never bothered with them.

• Brohoof 1