Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should we or should we not shun the lesser liked parts of the fandom?

Bendy

Should we or should we not shun the lesser liked parts of the fandom?  

84 users have voted

1. 1. Should we or should we not shun the lesser liked parts of the fandom?

• Not shun and mostly turn a blind eye to what they do and accept them.
    • Shun and hate them.
    • Other? (state in post)

Of course not!! We may not absolutely adore them, but they are still a part of our fandom nonetheless. People are always looking down on the brony community, and that is understandable. Society sucks. But shunning our fellow bronies, is just wrong. People who have a problem with those parts of the community are fine, everybody is entitled to their opinion. But for those who constantly say "Cloppers are disgusting" or "You like grimdark? Pfft. Freak" need to build a bridge and get over it.

• Brohoof 2

My only problem with the fanbase is how everybody tries to drag the cloppers out of their peaceful existences just to make fun of them. I'm all for being ignored and buried under the pile of "good bronies". Like I once was having a small side discussion with a guy about clopping in a chat and another Brony just decided that it was absolutely necessary that he drag our usernames up infront of everybody so that we could be ridiculed. We weren't hurting anyone so why did we need to be attacked?

• Brohoof 2

I think you should feel free to congregate however the hell you want to congregate.  If you are bothered by clop and wish to avoid the subject, then by all means do that.  If you're not bothered by clop and wish to engage with like minded people, then go ahead and do that too.  They obviously shouldn't be "shunned" but people should feel free to associate with whoever they want.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I think people should never (openly) shun anyone for anything. There are always more sides to a story than one person knows, and if you shun other people for that.. You are an elitist B**ch, imo.

I'm a clobber myself, so I am well acquainted with the "lesser liked" part of the fandom. People who hate on clobbers either A.) Are in denial, or B.) They have no idea how it feels like to have differing sexual oriëntations than what is considered "normal". I'm not fan of pony gore, but I can understand why people like it.

The only fans I actually dislike are those who feel superior over other people, and this counts double if they also feel superior over other bronies/pegasisters. Our fandom is an easy target as it is, so we should stick together. And yeah, even though I dislike the people who feel superior, I also don't think we should shun them, as it will only cause disturbances within the communication of the fandom.

Look at other fandoms. Infighting often turns a fandom into a mess.

Edited by Ardhacandra

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

It depends on what part of the fandom you are referring to. If it's a part of the fandom that engages in illegal and immoral activities like pedophiles, then of course we should shun them. If it's something like reading grimdark fanfics and creating grimdark content, that isn't bad because it's a personal preference and therefore shunning them would be unreasonable.

• Brohoof 1