Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tea Lovers Club

Virgil

I don't drink that much tea myself, but when I do, I prefer jasmine green tea. Occasionally I also drink gunpowder green tea and mint, longjing tea and this one other that I can't quite remember, but has roses in it or something.

Usually I just drink coffee. 

I don't drink that much tea myself, but when I do, I prefer jasmine green tea. Occasionally I also drink gunpowder green tea and mint, longjing tea and this one other that I can't quite remember, but has roses in it or something.

I can't even drink coffee. and thats not just because of a single reason. 

1. it gives me more than one type of stomach problems

2. i hate the taste

3. it has no real awake effect on me

I can't even drink coffee. and thats not just because of a single reason.  1. it gives me more than one type of stomach problems 2. i hate the taste 3. it has no real awake effect on me

Sorry to hear that.

I guess that coffee doesn't really suit everyone.

...But you could always try the flavoured coffee if you haven't already. 

For a tea casual, you've got really good taste

Sorry to hear that.

I guess that coffee doesn't really suit everyone.

...But you could always try the flavoured coffee if you haven't already. 

Well i was drinking coffee sometimes. It just gives me terrible stomach aches when i consume more than one or two cups. And sometimes it even gives me heartburn. Then again i can't drink coke either and too much soda is also bad. Some people have suggested i have a stomach ulcer, but i don't believe so as i can eat insane amounts of spicy food.

For a tea casual, you've got really good taste

Thanks, I suppose? :v

Well i was drinking coffee sometimes. It just gives me terrible stomach aches when i consume more than one or two cups. And sometimes it even gives me heartburn. Then again i can't drink coke either and too much soda is also bad. Some people have suggested i have a stomach ulcer, but i don't believe so as i can eat insane amounts of spicy food.

My stomach hurts occasionally if the coffee's stronger than normal, but other than that I don't have problems.

I guess that you're just more sensitive to some things.  

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, I suppose? :v

My stomach hurts occasionally if the coffee's stronger than normal, but other than that I don't have problems.

I guess that you're just more sensitive to some things.  

heh .. I did mean it in a good way

I also can only drink a cup of coffee, and if I have more than that it does buggy things to my heart and it makes me nervous and jittery. I don't know why; you'd think caffeine is caffeine but it makes a difference for some reason. Mysteries of the universe.

@@Nine,

Thanks anyways.

Some people have that kind of reaction to caffeine, it's nothing new. Also, maybe the coffee that you drink is too strong?

As for myself, the caffeine from coffee doesn't affect me too much, if hardly at all. I drink it for the taste mainly. 

Getting back on topic to tea here, are there any types that you would recommend?

are there any types that you would recommend?

I made a bunch of recommendations above, but if you like black tea more, then a quality orange pekoe can't be beat. 

I would recommend Dragon Well, it's a Chinese green tea that has a bit more of a vegetable flavor than other Chinese teas, but not as strong as Japanese teas; and it has a more... balanced flavor profile to me. You can find it super easy online and any decent shop that carries decent quality tea, should at least have some. That would be my more accessible recommendation.  

@@Nine,

I'm not much of a fan of black tea actually.

But, I've tried some Earl Grey before. I don't remember from what company exactly or what variation it was, but I enjoyed it.

Oh, I just assumed because of the coffee. Well, my favorites are white teas. Silver needle for a pure white, but there are a lot of white tea blends that work well. When it comes to blends, they're often unique to the shops that sell them, except for some famous ones like monk's blend or earl grey variants .. so whatever shop(s) are near you, you'd pretty much just have to check out what they've got. Most shops have samples you can sniff, but you don't know how often those are swapped out for fresh samples, so just use them as a "first test" if they're available. You can ask the clerk to waft the tea from the serving canister for you so you know exactly what the fresh tea smells like when you've picked a couple you're interested in.

And if you like green tea, Virgil's pick on the Dragon Well is a good option. I prefer Chinese green teas over Japanese sencha; a point I think we hammered home pretty thoroughly before, BUT lots of people like it so .. whatever .. I guess I'm in the minority about the sencha thing, judging from the market.

• Brohoof 1

I would recommend Dragon Well, it's a Chinese green tea that has a bit more of a vegetable flavor than other Chinese teas, but not as strong as Japanese teas; and it has a more... balanced flavor profile to me. You can find it super easy online and any decent shop that carries decent quality tea, should at least have some. That would be my more accessible recommendation.  

Actually, longjing tea is Dragon Well tea, which I drink occasionally. (Longjing is Chinese for Dragon Well tea). And I agree with what you have said. Longjing tea is second to jasmine green tea for me.

Oh, I just assumed because of the coffee. Well, my favorites are white teas. Silver needle for a pure white, but there are a lot of white tea blends that work well. When it comes to blends, they're often unique to the shops that sell them, except for some famous ones like monk's blend or earl grey variants .. so whatever shop(s) are near you, you'd pretty much just have to check out what they've got. Most shops have samples you can sniff, but you don't know how often those are swapped out for fresh samples, so just use them as a "first test" if they're available. You can ask the clerk to waft the tea from the serving canister for you so you know exactly what the fresh tea smells like when you've picked a couple you're interested in.

Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to use it and keep a lookout for the teas that you've mentioned.

And if you like green tea, Virgil's pick on the Dragon Well is a good option. I prefer Chinese green teas over Japanese sencha; a point I think we hammered home pretty thoroughly before, BUT lots of people like it so .. whatever .. I guess I'm in the minority about the sencha thing, judging from the market.

There's a Chinese tea stand near where I live, and the teas from there are quite good. I remember tasting some fruity mixture and one that had some tiny flowers(roses?) in it that was very enjoyable, but I can't remember the name of the teas.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, longjing tea is Dragon Well tea, which I drink occasionally.

Ha! I didn't catch that either. Guess we should have scrolled up huh?

I remember tasting some fruity mixture and one that had some tiny flowers(roses?) in it that was very enjoyable, but I can't remember the name of the teas.

The Teaopia crowd from here might remember something called Princess Earl Grey, a white earl grey that had rose buds in it. Made just so, the second infusion of this tea was *thee* best thing I have ever tasted, ever. Ever.

Ever.

I've been jealously guarding my remaining supply of it until I can sneak back to my parent's place to get at the old gardens and rosebushes there. 

Ha! I didn't catch that either. Guess we should have scrolled up huh?

Considering that I wrote the name in the Chinese version I don't blame you for not noticing it :v

The Teaopia crowd from here might remember something called Princess Earl Grey, a white earl grey that had rose buds in it. Made just so, the second infusion of this tea was *thee* best thing I have ever tasted, ever. Ever. Ever.   I've been jealously guarding my remaining supply of it until I can sneak back to my parent's place to get at the old gardens and rosebushes there. 

That might be it, but I'm not sure. I have some right now, but it's just in a jar with no label.

Seems like you really like it :P  

@@LittleRawr

It wasn't the Chinese .. I just forgot what you said in your first post .. the one where I said you had good taste.

Looks like I get to stand by that judgement. heh

I remember looking around for white earl greys with rose buds from other dealers and not having much luck .. I'd be personally interested actually in knowing if that's what you've got.

It wasn't the Chinese .. I just forgot what you said in your first post .. the one where I said you had good taste. Looks like I get to stand by that judgement. heh

It's okay either way :) 

I remember looking around for white earl greys with rose buds from other dealers and not having much luck .. I'd be personally interested actually in knowing if that's what you've got.

I went to check, and I don't think that it's the Princess Earl Grey. It looks similar, just the one that I have has pinker colored leaves than the pictures that I saw.

I went to check, and I don't think that it's the Princess Earl Grey. It looks similar, just the one that I have has pinker colored leaves than the pictures that I saw.

You'd be able to tell from the smell anyway. I think I'll be drinking something cheap tonight. I'm sick as a dog (a sick dog) and I can't smell anything anyways. 

You'd be able to tell from the smell anyway. I think I'll be drinking something cheap tonight. I'm sick as a dog (a sick dog) and I can't smell anything anyways. 

At least you can still taste a bit, and the tea's warm. 

At least you can still taste a bit, and the tea's warm. 

I'm supposed to work in just under four hours but I haven't been able to sleep and I feel like death. Normally I'd just take a tranquilizer and sleep it off, but that's a guaranteed ten hours or downtime, maybe twelve, and I should call into work in a few hours. Because I'm pretty sure I ain't goin.

I might just make a mate or a rooibus. Even I'm not such a tea snob that I refuse to own these. They're just my red headed stepchildren, is all. I got a peppermint mate that might clear out my head a little.