Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tea Lovers Club

Virgil

You'd be able to tell from the smell anyway. I think I'll be drinking something cheap tonight. I'm sick as a dog (a sick dog) and I can't smell anything anyways. 

Reminds me i haven't been drinking tea in almost a week now. I guess i need to make room for drinking more tea :P

PS: this is the tea i have been drinking

qp3tbs.jpg

I'm supposed to work in just under four hours but I haven't been able to sleep and I feel like death. Normally I'd just take a tranquilizer and sleep it off, but that's a guaranteed ten hours or downtime, maybe twelve, and I should call into work in a few hours. Because I'm pretty sure I ain't goin.

I hope that you feel better soon, at least. 

I might just make a mate or a rooibus. Even I'm not such a tea snob that I refuse to own these. They're just my red headed stepchildren, is all. I got a peppermint mate that might clear out my head a little.

Peppermint is pretty good, it'll probably help. Good luck c:

PS: this is the tea i have been drinking

I think that I've seen that tea type around. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Man i love tea! Mostly sweet tea though. I haven't really tried many different tea flavors. I am picky when it comes to flavors so yeah XD. But sweet tea is my cup of tea

If my tea's not sweet I usually add sugar. Often a lot of it  :P

I think that I've seen that tea type around. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Well they are in several tastes :P I really like the cranberry one. Thou i betcha that selfbreewed with loose leaves are better than this.

If my tea's not sweet I usually add sugar. Often a lot of it 

I usally consider using sugar in the tea as ruining it, but a little is okay sometimes depending on the tea :D

Stallion i love tea! Mostly sweet tea though. I haven't really tried many different tea flavors. I am picky when it comes to flavors so yeah XD. But sweet tea is my cup of tea

So am I. Some teas i cant drink at all actually. Which is why im currently looking for something to brew tea with :)

Edited by Karmali Fluffheart

I've noticed some people talking about sweet tea, so I have to ask. Does anyone here drink southern sweet tea? You know, as in that tea you make by brewing it, letting it cool, and then adding sugar until you've literally hit the saturation point where you can't possibly dissolve any more sugar into the tea?

Personally it's not my taste, but I know people who do like it, and it seems like everyone who likes it absolutely swears by it :P

I realize I'm a bit late to comment on this but.....

I actually have a project on the backburner to make a steampunk tea kit out of an old case. The inside would have a false back hiding the wiring for a motor driving an old mechanical water meter register head (working as a timer) and some other decorative lights and stuff. Then I'd have small, old colored glass bottles with a selection of teas inside and a decanter for water, a burner (or a tipping teapot/samovar). I actually have scoured the flea markets for most of the stuff already, and just need to do the wood work for the insets, embellish the case, and design the internal workings. So, pretty much the entire construction really.
That sounds So Awesome :wub: ! When you finish, if you don't mind, please share some pics. I have a bit of a fondness for Victorian era art styles to a certain degree, so I'd be rather interested to see how it turns out.

I've noticed some people talking about sweet tea, so I have to ask. Does anyone here drink southern sweet tea? You know, as in that tea you make by brewing it, letting it cool, and then adding sugar until you've literally hit the saturation point where you can't possibly dissolve any more sugar into the tea?

Personally it's not my taste, but I know people who do like it, and it seems like everyone who likes it absolutely swears by it :P

I used to drink it back when I really just drank ice tea. I live in Dallas, Texas and I come from a family where the description you gave would basically be the actual summation of it's preparation. Since I no longer drink ice tea, I quite rarely drink tea with sweetener in it, and if I do it's typically honey.

An interesting incident happened once when I was at a Japanese restaurant with my brother. We both ordered some hot Jasmine tea, I drank it straight, my brother asked for sugar. And the waitress ,who was Japanese and likely born there given here strong accent; was rather shocked by the idea of putting sugar in tea, and in any kind by her reaction.

• Brohoof 1

Whoo! A tea thread! My favorites are flavored black teas, the sweeter the better. I got an almond coconut vanilla black tea from some random hippies at a flea market and it was soooo good. Never found those hippies to buy more.

Just placed an order from Lupicia for a pineapple vanilla coconut oolong and a sweet Japanese strawberry black tea. If you have not bought from Lupicia do it. I've been a customer for about three years and their stuff is amazing. And if you buy 30 bucks or more online you get a newsletter with a free sample every month.

• Brohoof 3

If you have not bought from Lupicia do it. I've been a customer for about three years and their stuff is amazing. And if you buy 30 bucks or more online you get a newsletter with a free sample every month.
From a quick look at there website it looks like they specialize in Japanese Teas it would seem?

Although that's good since, I'm good for suppliers on Chinese Teas at the moment, but not so much for Japanese ones.

Just placed an order from Lupicia for a pineapple vanilla coconut oolong and a sweet Japanese strawberry black tea. If you have not bought from Lupicia do it. I've been a customer for about three years and their stuff is amazing. And if you buy 30 bucks or more online you get a newsletter with a free sample every month.

This site looks magnificent. Bless your soul for recommending it, I love finding new tea sites :D

Hey is anyone on this post specialized on international internet orders of tea and teasets? I can tell you I would be interrested :)

I order my Chinese teas from two particular sellers on ebay based in China, the shipping rate would be the same for you and me I believe, is that what you mean and would be interested? I can just send you a PM with the details if so and if you would prefer.

• Brohoof 1

does anyone have any good tea diffusers, because Tevana tea is all loose leaf ~_~

Though I haven't tried it yet, I got a really cool glass teapot from teavana that has a diffuser built right in. I see no reason why it won't work amazingly when I finally get around to using it (stupid dorm room making kitchen using a pain in the flank)

I order my Chinese teas from two particular sellers on ebay based in China, the shipping rate would be the same for you and me I believe, is that what you mean and would be interested? I can just send you a PM with the details if so and if you would prefer.

I would appreciate some tips :) I shall go back to the city tomorrow as i now know where the tea store here is. But if i dont find what i need there i will have to settle with ebay.

Reminds me i haven't been drinking tea in almost a week now. I guess i need to make room for drinking more tea  :P

I've never actually had Twinings tea bags, but as far as tea bags go, they seem to be pretty popular. I've never been much of a cranberry person anyway ..

I realize I'm a bit late to comment on this but.....

That sounds So Awesome :wub: ! When you finish, if you don't mind, please share some pics. I have a bit of a fondness for Victorian era art styles to a certain degree, so I'd be rather interested to see how it turns out.

Maybe this summer if I can get at my dad's garage I might finally do it this year. I haven't been in a big rush because I've been totally off the grid as far as cons go for a couple years. Shame on me ..

Good news, found the tea store. I was right next to it even last time i was in the city xD talk about being blind.

So im either trying a cup of tea this evening or tomorrow morning. Im looking so forward to this :D

Congratulations, it's nice to have an actual location you can get your tea from. Even if you might pay a little more, it's worth having an actual person to buy from who knows their product. But that's true with most things really :) .

• Brohoof 1

Congratulations, it's nice to have an actual location you can get your tea from. Even if you might pay a little more, it's worth having an actual person to buy from who knows their product. But that's true with most things really :) .

I so agree on this, Being able to meet a physical seller can actually be real nice

I'm a little bit of a newcomer when it comes to tea, so I haven't tried very many, but I love the few I've tried recently. Darjeeling is one of my favorites, and I've had it brewed as both a black and a green tea. There's a shop not far from where I live that sells nothing but tea, and I've been buying a few based on the suggestions of the people working there. 

Tea lovers beware!

I just bought this tea at the store called "apple cinnamon spice". At first I thought it was going to be sweet and taste like apple juice but boy was I wrong.

Anyways, I was so eager to try it, so I brewed some and gave it a try. If I were to dip cinnamon sticks in water I'd pretty much get the same results. Its basically pure cinnamon. The flavor dominates every other herb in the tea its like practically drinking cinnamon juice (If that even exists)

Anyways, the tea is way too strong and bulky... plain nasty in my opinion. I'm sorry if I offended anyone out there that may be a fan of this tea.

Either way, does anyone have any tasty recommendations?

Edited by ♞RedLotus♞