Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you play the piano?

Sholem Itzhak

No, but I know how to play the clarinet. My parents didn't really make learning the piano fun when I was a kid so I never wanted to learn it. I'd love to learn to play it now, it's a lovely instrument, but it's a bit difficult between my studies to learn that kind of skill.

Edited by Celtore

I've given it some thought in the past. I am pretty musically inclined and I played cello in middle school as well but I think my hands would get far too confused. My hands have two main functions: Video games and string instruments. Multitasking always was and probably always will be easy in those subjects. The piano? Not so much. Maybe with years of practice but I doubt it would ever feel so natural like the cello did.

On the other hand, being multi-talented in instruments wouldn't hurt either.

Not particularly a fan of piano music though. I usually only like it when it's combined with some other instrument, usually violin or cello.

Yep I can play, I learned very quickly in middle school, played in the band and played in the jazz band in high school. I also composed a few songs, I have been out of practice for a while but have some plans to get back in. 

Coming from asian decent, I was born with a voucher to start piano lessons at age 7. Quit years ago, but still know where everything is. Give me a month, and I can get back to the level I was 5 years ago.

I'm asian so it really isn't a surprise that I can play the piano lol  -_-.

I've been playing since I was 7 years old, which means that piano has been in my life for 13 years now. Songs that I mostly stick to are the classics (Rondo Alla Turka, and Fantasie Imrpomptu for example) and I've begun experimenting with piano renditions of popular songs (I can play This Day Aria & Dire Dire Docks just to name a few).

If anyone is hesitant about what instrument to learn, I highly suggest starting out with the piano. I find it to be the easiest of the instruments to learn and once you can play the piano, then learning the others will be a lot easier. Heh, even Spike, Scootaloo, and Pinkie have been shown to play the piano in a couple of episodes :lol:!  

I took piano classes in my first couple of years of college, but I was really only proficient enough to make it through the classes just fine. Even that proficiency has kind of been lost as I don't really play it much. I tried to keep it up, but... I'm never be good at it either way. =/

I used to take lessons. I enjoyed it, and I wasn't too bad but it just never really "clicked" for me. It doesn't help that I can't read music at all. At all.

Edited by Frostgage