Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RP character database

Page.Turner
Go to solution Solved by Ice Storm,

Hello! I'm on mobile so I apologize if, for some reason, this looks weird.

Anyway! I had a simple question about the role play world and character database.

Is it mandatory to input your character into the database no matter how unnecessary? Is it possible to instead make a character master post in your OOC thread?

I'm asking because I have a certain non-pony rp in mind but the characters don't really fit the layout of the character sheets and need more options to fill out.

Also, the part where you can upload an image of your character in the database, can it be a gif image?

Thanks in advance!

P.s. I did read the rp world rules. It just seemed unclear to me

Hi Tinker Tunes,

Generally if you have a character it is recommended that you add them to the database, so it is easier to find later. However, if the creator of the RP is okay with you just posting it in the OOC thread, there is no hard and fast rule saying you can't. If you're the creator of the RP, even better!

• Brohoof 1

Hello! I'm on mobile so I apologize if, for some reason, this looks weird.

Anyway! I had a simple question about the role play world and character database.

Is it mandatory to input your character into the database no matter how unnecessary? Is it possible to instead make a character master post in your OOC thread?

I'm asking because I have a certain non-pony rp in mind but the characters don't really fit the layout of the character sheets and need more options to fill out.

Also, the part where you can upload an image of your character in the database, can it be a gif image?

Thanks in advance!

P.s. I did read the rp world rules. It just seemed unclear to me

It is highly recommended that characters are placed in the database, for if nothing else, consistency. If you are needing additional fields for a character that's non-pony related, create a list of everything that the character needs, and everything that's not covered by the current application form would be placed in the "Other" section.

Something else that you could do though, if you'd rather not use the database, is use a blog page for the character sheets to where you can use whatever form that you need. Or you can simply include it in the OOC topic for that Roleplay. All of these are available options, just as long as there isn't a separate OOC topic dedicated to just the characters only. It's already difficult to keep track of Roleplays in the area as it is. (Though change is coming to make that better.)

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.