Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First drawing of Luna.

Gingerpotato

Since it's the weekend I thought, why not start to draw ponies. After roughly and hour of drawing and erasing here it is. Tell me what you think, this is my first proper attempt at pony art. This was made without the use of circle body structures and took a very long time so any constructive criticism is welcome.

No colour:

Posted Image

With colour:

Posted Image

Edited by Gingerpotato
  • Brohoof 6

This...this actually is...well its not good...

ITS AMAZING!

im serious....did you plan this with circles first or just start drawing, cuz if the second...wow...Im wowed by the fact the whole thing doesnt have errors, and how the legs have different and invividual positions...the whole thing is just so amazing! :wub:

only one thing i can see wrong is the coat colour, but i dont think thats your fault, i mean the kind of colour she has is like...impossible to find with pencil colours, so that is more of a error with pencil factories, not you or the drawing.

How you do more! ^_^

better than anything i could do :)

Thank you! :D

This...this actually is...well its not good...

ITS AMAZING!

im serious....did you plan this with circles first or just start drawing, cuz if the second...wow...Im wowed by the fact the whole thing doesnt have errors, and how the legs have different and invividual positions...the whole thing is just so amazing! :wub:

only one thing i can see wrong is the coat colour, but i dont think thats your fault, i mean the kind of colour she has is like...impossible to find with pencil colours, so that is more of a error with pencil factories, not you or the drawing.

How you do more! ^_^

You do not know how large my smile was when I read that, thank you. :)

The coat/hair colour was really difficult to find. I tried so many different colours and I eventually just gave up and went with those colours.

I think it was well worth the time it took! You have a lot of talent, keep it up and you will draw much more quickly!

For constructive criticism... Her body seems as if it needs to be slightly shorter...

I think it was well worth the time it took! You have a lot of talent, keep it up and you will draw much more quickly!

For constructive criticism... Her body seems as if it needs to be slightly shorter...

Now that you mention it she does seem a bit. . .long. I'll keep that in mind for my next drawing.

The hair near her forehead is a tad bit awkward to me, but other than that, that's pretty freaking awesome for a first drawing of her

Thank you :D

The hair around her forehead was centred around her hair from the pilot episode when she was ickle Luna.

The colors are not that hard to get right :) You just need the right coloring pencils ;)

I have a vast array of pencils (about 50) but finding the right colours is still very difficult. Trying to get Twilight's lavender colour but slightly darker is a lot more difficult then I thought and the mane's colour for me was really difficult to understand as it was a dark blue but it was still lighter then some blues.