58 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

i just though of something

why dosent pinkie or spike question twilights plan to completley stop time, that in its self is a bigger disaster than what could of happened, twilight is basicly ending the world as they know it

When the episode was announced, I was a bit skeptical. I didn't think a time travel episode would go very well. I didn't get excited until I saw future Twilight's awesome design. I was pumped going in to the episode, and I got let down.

This episode did some cool things for canon, but other than that, it was a boring episode. It felt really rushed, and I was disappointed that future Twilight's badass look was brought about by ridiculous little incidents.

It kinda feels like the last two weeks have been opposites: Merriwether Williams wrote an awesome episode, and M. A. Larson wrote a poor one.

I feel like it was the exact opposite. Last week was a bit of a letdown, but this week was great!

I *love* the fact that Future Twilight's look was not brought about by some epic battle, but by stupid, inane little incidents that were completely her own doing, and no matter how much she tried to avert the future, it was going to happen anyway.

• Brohoof 1

She coulda just went back again and finished her sentence, which also would have prevented all of the trouble.

spell only works once, pinkie says that when twi takes the scroll, also the story required that the warning be incomplete as a catalyst or we'd have no episode.
  • Brohoof 2

She coulda just went back again and finished her sentence, which also would have prevented all of the trouble.

I'm sorry, but you HAVE to continue the causality loop in this case, inadvertently or not. We're talking about an episode here involving time travel, after all. If you were to close the loop, this episode wouldn't exist.

• Brohoof 2

I loved this episode so much. It was just fun. Sure, it was a bit predictable, but, I love the "Twilight is neurotic" episodes, like Lesson Zero, because I know a lot of people who act just like her, and it just makes me giggle inwardly to see them paralleled so well. Not to mention all of the subtle terminator things.

And Celestia and the guard's completely calm attitude towards Twilight's absurdity makes me wonder if she ever used to do stuff like this when she was a student. I'd say yes, honestly.

I loved this episode so much. It was just fun. Sure, it was a bit predictable, but, I love the "Twilight is neurotic" episodes, like Lesson Zero, because I know a lot of people who act just like her, and it just makes me giggle inwardly to see them paralleled so well. Not to mention all of the subtle terminator things.

And Celestia and the guard's completely calm attitude towards Twilight's absurdity makes me wonder if she ever used to do stuff like this when she was a student. I'd say yes, honestly.

like i said before, i'm pretty sure the prize student of the princess herself has an all access pass to those libraries, add to that that said prize student's pass is likely not to ever be questioned by the guards and then celestia's unwavering faith and trust in twilight, it doesn't seem that off to me, except i'd expect celestia to be perceptive enough to notice twi's upset mood. but then she did just finish raising the freaking sun for the day...

like i said before, i'm pretty sure the prize student of the princess herself has an all access pass to those libraries, add to that that said prize student's pass is likely not to ever be questioned by the guards and then celestia's unwavering faith and trust in twilight, it doesn't seem that off to me, except i'd expect celestia to be perceptive enough to notice twi's upset mood. but then she did just finish raising the freaking sun for the day...

Well, when I say "absurdity" I mean the torn up outfit, the frazzled mane, and the eyepatch. You'd think they'd at least question the eyepatch.

Well, when I say "absurdity" I mean the torn up outfit, the frazzled mane, and the eyepatch. You'd think they'd at least question the eyepatch.

that's what i meant by the guards not questioning anything with twi, and that celestia did just get done raising the freaking sun lol. and eye patches are still commonly used for treatment of eye injuries as would be caused by looking into the sun with a telescope, among other eye related injuries which could befall anyone. the eye patch and headwrap bandage would be of the least question as they are related to legitimate injuries, the suit could be momentary fad ("kids these days...") and frazzled mane would be regarded the same way.

I've been thinking, Twilight should have gotten her eye checked instead of just wearing a dust covered eyepatch

proper eye care in a kid's show? you're a madman! lol, maybe they should have done something to show like, keep the eye patch in a bag so it stays clean...

I've been thinking, Twilight should have gotten her eye checked instead of just wearing a dust covered eyepatch

And miss out on Solid Twilight? Are you mad?!

• Brohoof 2

Given that I haven't played that game, I'm not.

I've never played MGS either before, but that kind of subtle reference (in a kid's show, no less) is always awesome to see.

proper eye care in a kid's show? you're a madman! lol, maybe they should have done something to show like, keep the eye patch in a bag so it stays clean...

If they had proper eyecare, Derpy wouldn't be Derpy.

As for the eyepatch though, that pretty much covers it. Looking into the sun gives solar retinopathy which usually recovers. Given her sudden pain, I am guessing Twilight also suffered a type of welder's flash wherein the cornea suffers - the only thing to do for that really is to keep the eye closed.

derpy's condition exists in the real world with proper eye care, clean eye patches are still better than soot covered ones :P

Derpy should have had surgery, and yet you are right - many correctable conditions exist regardless for various reasons.

That was a Pinkie Pie eyepatch - logic need not apply.

Just saw the episode, I liked it.

But I can't shake a certain paradox... if other Twilight didn't say where the time travel spells are located, how would she know where to look for them? She would have had to get the location from somewhere, she learned it from herself. Other Twilight said where the spells are...

Just saw the episode, I liked it.

But I can't shake a certain paradox... if other Twilight didn't say where the time travel spells are located, how would she know where to look for them? She would have had to get the location from somewhere, she learned it from herself. Other Twilight said where the spells are...

because the director said so, alright?