58 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

*future TS* this is heavy!

*TS* wait! in the future is there a problem with the earth's gravity?!?

*future TS* [facehoof]

yeah i said it already, just making sure...

Is it just me, or do you also think that there is going to be a lot of explanations of how temporal mechanics work? Coupled with rather, large words that little kids may not understand at all.

Speaking of temporal mechanics, I bet there will be something along this line from Mr O'Brien from Star Trek:

I hate temporal mechanics.

*snip image*

Referencing Deep Space Nine pleases me.

Anyway, no, I don't think there will be that many explanations of temporal mechanics, at least not beyond some sort of brief lecture...but it is possible that Twilight will start trying to explain to Spike how time travel might work and the resulting lecture is tuned out by Spike, using it for the sake of humor. Because this is FIM and not Star Trek, the show won't go into nearly as much detail about the workings of things. It'll work the way it does because they say so, and that'll be about all we'll get, probably.

I could always be wrong though. I mean, look at how off base I was with some of my previous episode speculations.

• Brohoof 1

It'll work the way it does because they say so, and that'll be about all we'll get, probably

accept this truth and many more shows will be much more enjoyable to you... i speak from the experience of a tv nerd who lives in his granny's spare room... ashamedly, this is entirely true.

accept this truth and many more shows will be much more enjoyable to you... i speak from the experience of a tv nerd who lives in his granny's spare room... ashamedly, this is entirely true.

I'm afraid I can't. I enjoy trying to explain things too much. While I don't expect that in the actual episode we'll get much of an explanation, I do think we could try to figure out a fanon explanation for how the time travel works.

Assuming of course that there is actual time travel and that it isn't a mistake on Twilight's part.

I'm afraid I can't. I enjoy trying to explain things too much. While I don't expect that in the actual episode we'll get much of an explanation, I do think we could try to figure out a fanon explanation for how the time travel works.

Assuming of course that there is actual time travel and that it isn't a mistake on Twilight's part.

i can understand your reasoning, but must say i pity you, as such a burden is born upon one's own shoulders. giggle at the gohsties and smile smile smile...

I am a sooo much fan of dr who and back to the future; there MUST be al least 1 reference to them.

And if dr whooved does someting, or atleast apear with his "blue box" i would be like omg omg omg omg omg omg omg :D

They won't reveal it until the very end, but it'll probably be something she THINKS is urgent and she'll barely explain it to anypony. Then there'll be widespread panic until she reveals that it was something stupid like "one of your friends will spill ink all over one of your books"

Referencing Deep Space Nine pleases me.

Anyway, no, I don't think there will be that many explanations of temporal mechanics, at least not beyond some sort of brief lecture...but it is possible that Twilight will start trying to explain to Spike how time travel might work and the resulting lecture is tuned out by Spike, using it for the sake of humor. Because this is FIM and not Star Trek, the show won't go into nearly as much detail about the workings of things. It'll work the way it does because they say so, and that'll be about all we'll get, probably.

I could always be wrong though. I mean, look at how off base I was with some of my previous episode speculations.

Yup, no need for explanation at all in a world with magic. It might just have been some spell gone wrong

"Drives herself crazy with worry"

She could be worried so much that she learns the magic to warn past self about it. Thus a circle. A continous circle. She only gets worried and time travels back in time because of her future self. And then she turns to be the future self and thus the circle goes around again. But that circle then renders useless but still carries on because after she travels back in time she goes back to what would be her present tense and figure it out. Well. Figure out the problem of whatever happens. Im the master of thinking... Because if you think about it what I am saying does make sense.

Logic, it is a bitch.

paradox anybody

(edited)

I'm gonna laugh if it turns out that it was Trixie and she was just messing with her.

I seriously doubt that there will be a Doctor Whooves reference, but I hope there will be one. Personally, if I had a choice, I want a Back to the Future reference, like

Twilight: Great Scott!

Spike: I know. This is heavy.

I have no idea what the lesson is going to be.

Probably something about your future being what you decide to make it, or something Spielberg-ish like that. Either that, or that she learned that she hates time travel.

Edited by SBaby

So, there's an alternate episode synopsis posted on EQD now.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-2012/episode-20-season-2/its-about-time/307115

Twilight tries to avoid an unspecified upcoming calamity, which her future self warned her about.

Hrm...that doesn't seem to change much from the original synopsis, except in that it seems they're going to try and make it serious, rather than play it up as something like "don't wash your laundry on Monday or else you'll stain your new dress a beige pink!" I find it interesting that it specifies her "future self" warning her...except that it doesn't mention how that warning occurs. I'm still banking on it being a note of some sort rather than directly meeting her future self, though.

(edited)

Hrm...that doesn't seem to change much from the original synopsis, except in that it seems they're going to try and make it serious, rather than play it up as something like "don't wash your laundry on Monday or else you'll stain your new dress a beige pink!" I find it interesting that it specifies her "future self" warning her...except that it doesn't mention how that warning occurs. I'm still banking on it being a note of some sort rather than directly meeting her future self, though.

It might just be some sort of episode-specific macguffin that's introduced right at the beginning of the episode, though a magic spell to send a note to her past self seems simpler and more likely.

Twilight: Great Scott!

Surely you mean "Great trot"? :D

I have no idea what the lesson is going to be.

My guess is that the lesson will be that all of history is pre-determined, and that it is futile and foolish to try and escape one's fate. We are all stuck on the endless railroad of destiny. There are no diversions; just a simple, straight line to ultimate doom and, no matter how you wail and thrash, you cannot stop it. We are all going to die.

Either that or "Don't worry too much about what might happen". Frankly, I prefer my first suggestion.

Edited by Krall
  • Brohoof 2

My guess is that the lesson will be that all of history is pre-determined, and that it is futile and foolish to try and escape one's fate. We are all stuck on the endless railroad of destiny. There are no diversions; just a simple, straight line to ultimate doom and, no matter how you wail and thrash, you cannot stop it. We are all going to die.

Either that or "Don't worry too much about what might happen". Frankly, I prefer my first suggestion.

Lol, no one would ever put that as a lesson.

It will probably be something like, live in the present, do not worry about the future.

About the synopsis, I must say that the "Undentified" part clearly states that Twilight will worry over nothing, just like in Lesson Zero. Dont get me wrong, I love lesson zero, and the idea of mixing it with time travel and paradoxes is just great, but I wish the calamity would be atleast something of importance...

Future Twilight will be a partial cyborg and have a badflank new mane style. She will reveal that the very technology she is harnessing to send her warning will one day be utilized by Discord to reach far into the past and future of Equestria and literally create eternal chaos. Twilight will be tasked with using time travel to stop Discord in all of the events that seed his destruction throughout Equestria's timeline before eventually destroying the very thing that allows her to do so, so that Discord will have never been able to use it and everything will be the way it should. Nopony will remember anything that occurred except for Twilight, whose experience outside the time-space continuum will remain a secret known only to her - except for a harmless inside joke at the end at Spike's expense. The lesson will be that while you cannot change the past - unless you have a time machine - you can change the future. Dibs on this storyline for a fanfic in the event it is not exactly the same as this episode.

Did I mention an expanded synopsis yesterday? Well, looks like they've got another one!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/its-about-time-expanded-synopsis.html

When Twilight Sparkle receives a strange and vague warning about impending doom and disaster from her future self, she drives herself nearly mad in an attempt to stall a cataclysmic event, but her uncertainty makes finding answers difficult.

Looks like my original speculations in regards to potential seriousness may have been right after all. Oh, I hope that her song IS featured in this episode and it IS about her falling into madness. That would be so wonderful! For us watching it, I mean. Obviously it wouldn't be much fun for Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like we'll get another visit by Crazy Twilight. Really looking forward to this now. I haven't been this excited for an episode since the startup of season 2!

(edited)

Terminator reference right out of the gate. I'm going to love this episode.

And a possible Metal Gear Solid reference. My friend is going to go bananas when he sees this.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

(edited)

I'm calling it right now...this is easily gonna be one of the best episodes of the season.

OMG! This is going to be EPIC!!!

My official guess.

"Whatever you do, DON'T TIME TRAVEL!"

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

(edited)

I only watched the first twenty seconds of that clip because I didn't want to spoil myself anymore than that, but...

This is going to be super awesome. Super awesome!

And Jadefire, of course that will happen. That's how these things work.

EDIT: Did I say only first twenty seconds? I lied. I couldn't stop watching. And naturally I paused the clip in a place where I just had to snatch a screenshot, hidden behind spoiler tags:

post-1234-0-24039300-1331246179_thumb.png

Twilight, stop hitting on yourself.

Edited by Kyronea
  • Brohoof 2