Queen Cassie

58 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Time Travel! Epic Pony War! Pinkie Pie breaks physics again! Madame Pinkie! Cerberus! Tartarus! Ancient Imprisoned Evils! OCD!Twilight! Pony ninja suits! Random Celestia Cameo! Stable Time Loop!

/faint

I need to catch my breath... O.O

For some reason, this episode felt really...off. Can't quite put my finger on it but it seemed forced and not natural. I have a feeling that today's episode will be considered the "Owl's Well That Ends Well" of Season 2, as in it's not very highly ranked and the least admired episode of the season. I'd give it a 6/10 as it's certainly my least favorite of the season so far.

i agree

Yet another thing I must say, what's this metal gear solid thing they keep saying? I'm sad I've never played that game now, cause I don't get what the hell is everybody talking about

Am I the only one that noticed at 6:48 they played Discord's "riff"? (Not a music guy, so don't know the exact name for this - that sort of off-sounding metallic chime?)

Yeah I heard it too.

My reaction was like:

OMG ceberus!!!!!

WTF DISCORD MUSIC!

TwILIGHTSAIDTARTARUSOMGYJGFFGVSHDFGFDGGG

Yeah I heard it too.

My reaction was like:

OMG ceberus!!!!!

WTF DISCORD MUSIC!

TwILIGHTSAIDTARTARUSOMGYJGFFGVSHDFGFDGGG

Metal Gear Sparkle 3: Cerberus Eater

Edited by Devin McCourty

I bet it's because you were expecting Doctor Who references.

Those would've been nice, but even if there were, I still wouldn't rank this episode too high. Just felt extremely flat. At least we got a couple more canon cities and confirmation of a couple things like war.

I loved that episode. One of the best ones so far. Maybe its because its a Twilight episode...

-Spike ice cream obsession and his dream was hilarious.

-Future Twilight looked awesome,

-Pinkie played another great role.

-Where was Rarity in all this? Only in Spike's dream...

When the episode was announced, I was a bit skeptical. I didn't think a time travel episode would go very well. I didn't get excited until I saw future Twilight's awesome design. I was pumped going in to the episode, and I got let down.

This episode did some cool things for canon, but other than that, it was a boring episode. It felt really rushed, and I was disappointed that future Twilight's badass look was brought about by ridiculous little incidents.

It kinda feels like the last two weeks have been opposites: Merriwether Williams wrote an awesome episode, and M. A. Larson wrote a poor one.

I guess my opinion isn't the most popular here, but I really enjoyed the episode. I think the episodes of the last couple of months or so have all been better than the (Season 2) ones before it.

Yet another thing I must say, what's this metal gear solid thing they keep saying? I'm sad I've never played that game now, cause I don't get what the hell is everybody talking about

Metal Gear is a long-running video game franchise (you younguns! I remember when it was Metal Gear on the NES and there was no "Solid" yet, that didn't come until later!) and its main character is Solid Snake. Well, later in the series, he looks like this:

Posted Image

See a resemblance to future Twilight?

I also didn't like this episode at all... kind of a letdown.

Try to please everypony and you wind up pleasing nopony. Your opinion is valid and respected. What I really want to talk about are your unequal pupils (anisocoria!). Did you get that from trauma to the left one? It looks like it might even be out a little compared to the right - third nerve palsy? Oh, I do not want to derail the thread so send me a message about it if you are so inclined.

The pacing for this episode seemed odd and some of the jokes didn't hit or were too forced.

I still found it an enjoyable episode, however. I'll have to watch it a few more times before I have a full opinion on the episode. So far, I'm thinking middle-tier.

Metal Gear is a long-running video game franchise (you younguns! I remember when it was Metal Gear on the NES and there was no "Solid" yet, that didn't come until later!) and its main character is Solid Snake. Well, later in the series, he looks like this:

Posted Image

See a resemblance to future Twilight?

Metal Gear Sparkle 4: Friendship of the Neightriots

• Brohoof 3

Previous episode had a minotaur... this episode has Cerberus, and mention of Tartarus... Greek mythology is awesome, and it's awesome seeing it in MLP:FiM.

Watched the episode, enjoyed it, but I thought of something...

What prompted Past Twilight to panic was seeing Future Twilight. This caused Twilight to go crazy, and gradually become Future Twilight, and go back in time and warn Past Twilight. However, had Future Twilight never warned Past Twilight, Past Twilight would have never panicked, therefore never becoming Future Twilight and going back in time to warn Past Twilight. The very beginning of the time loop requires something that can only be caused by the time loop's existence.

• Brohoof 1

Previous episode had a minotaur... this episode has Cerberus, and mention of Tartarus... Greek mythology is awesome, and it's awesome seeing it in MLP:FiM.

Watched the episode, enjoyed it, but I thought of something...

What prompted Past Twilight to panic was seeing Future Twilight. This caused Twilight to go crazy, and gradually become Future Twilight, and go back in time and warn Past Twilight. However, had Future Twilight never warned Past Twilight, Past Twilight would have never panicked, therefore never becoming Future Twilight and going back in time to warn Past Twilight. The very beginning of the time loop requires something that can only be caused by the time loop's existence.

It's a causality loop; a predestination paradox, if you will. Future Twilight's actions wouldn't exist without her going back to warn past Twilight of her future self's actions.

Remember when I said we needed an "Escape from Ponyville" movie poster? Well, I was close:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 5