Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Has Been The Most Painful Experience Of Your Life?

Venomous

What has been the most (physically) painful experience of your life?

Edited by Venomous
  • Brohoof 3

Needles are the bane of my existence, so I doubt I'll have to deal with 1-3 on your list.
I'd have to say when I flipped over my bike when racing my friend.  Had to limp all the way back to his house too.  

• Brohoof 1

There have been a few experiences, but I'd have to say the worst was after my wisdom teeth had been taken out and the numbness wore off. All I can say is that I wanted to cry, my face hurt so badly.  And I didn't have any painkillers because my mom hadn't gotten them yet. :(

By the time she finally did come home, I had a bag of frozen vegetables pressed to my face and I was begging for those painkillers (as well as I could with a mouth full of gauze).

...My face hurts just thinking about it.

• Brohoof 1

When I was lifting weights about two years ago, and one of the weights on it fell off and on to my big toe. It bled a lot.

The worst thing was that it was totally my fault. I was very upset at the time and didn't notice it was loose.

• Brohoof 2

So far, my most painful experience was when I had my infected toe operated on and after. The doctors had to cut off some skin and meat just to remove all the gunk inside. After that I wore a big bandage but my toe just kept painfully hurting and stinging so much, I just kept crying all throughout the night :( Oh well, it's fine now.

Edited by DiscordedBrony

1. getting smashed by a car when I was 3.

2. Losing the first love of my life.

You get used to tattoos, the canvas of pain relieves itself when you have something to show for it.

Edited by FlutterZ93

I was on a beach and we buried me entirwly except for my head. My brother then accidendtly thrusted the rusty spade we used into my knee with full force. I was like 12 back then. I think I didn't even cry, because the wound was so deep it had cut off the nerves. But the wound got infected and I had to go to the hospital. It was horribly painful :c

Hmm...I slipped in the shower once and slit my foot right open lol I've been rammed by a bull before and have been kicked by a cow in the gentlemen's place once...It was painful...

It was probably the time I broke my pinkie toe. I thought I really screwed up at the time, the pain was really severe and the fact that my toe was badly swollen and locked in an odd position didn't help much...

The time my younger sister jumped off my dresser and landed right on my stomach. I couldn't breathe (or even cry!) for five minutes. It hurt so bad that all I could do was run around. I couldn't even make a sound, it hurt so bad.

Well, If I were to answer this HONESTLY, it would be getting raped when I was 6. Psychically and emotionally.

Nothing compares to that.

But I ripped off my entire toenail once with the bottom of the door. Bled like hell too. But whatever, I'm cool.

Without a doubt my first work related knee injury (I am only counting the ones that required medical attention and not the minor ones that took a day or so to heal), it was one of those things that hurt so bad that you can't possibly even begin to put it into words. Every single step was about as painful as having my pinkie slammed in a car door over and over again, I screamed so loud that I scared the shit out of every employee and customer within earshot. It happened after I moved a bunch of heavy pallets onto the sales floor with a pallet jack, I moved my right leg in some very awkward ways (a lot of twisting and jerking motions) to get the pallets perfectly positioned to make displays. Then it happened, I felt a sudden sharp pain in my right knee. That injury took me out of work for an entire month and while I had 3 other knee injuries that followed it that took me out for a while it was that injury that lead to all of the other ones, once you get an injury that bad you are never completely the same that area will always be tender even if the injury does not require surgery (none of mine did). I cannot stress enough just how careful you have to be with body movements and heavy objects, remember that you are not invincible and the human body is far more fragile than you think even a strong body like mine. Even cold damn weather can sometimes make my knee act up which makes me very grateful that I live in Southern California.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

When is was a toddler, i was running down a pebble stone path, i slipped, made a power slide and all the little stones ripped my knees open. Some embedded themselves in the wounds and had to be pulled out, that was quite fun.

Im talking about pebbles with sharp edges, not the round ones. The round ones are no fun.

I also was bitten by a Saint Bernard dog in the face, have a nice little scar from that. Looks like a fencing scar, very cool.

I also almost shattered my soft toddler skull on a car, i tripped and boom! Maybe the reason i have quite the screw loose.

That was it actually... I was always very careful as a kid. Made not much nonsense either, having me as a child must have been quite the meditative experience... Well if you ignore the bullying in school.

Edit: Almost forgot. In elementary school someone jumped on my back when i was lying on the ground. The person in question was quite heavy. I could not breath for some time, felt like an eternity, but i guess it was just seconds. My spine did not like that, makes still problems sometimes.

Edited by Obsidian Sky

Compared to others mine are painful at all, but once when I tripped over a small piece of dirt and smashed my face into a wall. I bleed and cried, but nothing happened to my teeths or anything. My second is when I was going to take a bloodtest for Basedow and I don't know why but I started to cry and become a nervous wreck before the nurse had even started and I was so nervous the needle fell out so I had to go the hospital instead, where they took about 2-3 more tests instead of just 1-2.

On 3/18/2014 at 5:11 PM, Aerodynas said:

Hmm...I slipped in the shower once and slit my foot right open lol I've been rammed by a bull before and have been kicked by a cow in the gentlemen's place once...It was painful...

My horse decided to kick me in the leg. Fortunately, it didn't break!

On 3/18/2014 at 5:26 PM, The Coffee Man said:

I had a appendicitis when I was in middle school. One of the worst things I had to go through. Didn't help that the hospital kept me in the waiting room for an hour and a half.

What does Appendicitis feel like?

• Brohoof 1

Be careful next time you shower!

XD

Breaking my fibia tibia and ankle at the same time then getiing them set

I've always wondered it felt like to get a bone set.

What did that feel like?

1. getting smashed by a car when I was 3.

2. Losing the first love of my life.

You get used to tattoos, the canvas of pain relieves itself when you have something to show for it.

Today I have 5 tattoos.

I'm actually good dealing with the pain now.

Definitely double jaw surgery and wisdom teeth removal to correct my open bite and over bite. Jesus Christ, it hurt soooo bad. Just the constant headaches, throwing up blood, not being able to chew, and the constant pressure on my teeth. So not fun, I can't really smile without pain either. .-. The worst is over, but it's an ongoing battle as I'm only 4 weeks post op.

Before

post-20175-0-46305700-1395185508_thumb.jpg

2 weeks post op, I think? Maybe 1 1/2? Idk.

post-20175-0-25395500-1395185566_thumb.jpg

3 weeks post op

post-20175-0-72293500-1395185605_thumb.jpg

4 weeks post op

post-20175-0-15123700-1395185622_thumb.jpg

This is the hardest and most painful thing I've ever gone through. Still swollen on my upper lip and my cheeks, plus my chin is like 60% numb. And smiling is so hard, it certainly feels unnatural. .-.

There have been a few experiences, but I'd have to say the worst was after my wisdom teeth had been taken out and the numbness wore off. All I can say is that I wanted to cry, my face hurt so badly.  And I didn't have any painkillers because my mom hadn't gotten them yet. :(

By the time she finally did come home, I had a bag of frozen vegetables pressed to my face and I was begging for those painkillers (as well as I could with a mouth full of gauze).

...My face hurts just thinking about it.

Oh dear, I'm not old enough to start worrying about that.

Now I might. :o