Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel about romantic relationships?

FatalRain

Are you in one?  

Yes, I am married.  I have been married for 3 years now, but never formally dated my husband beforehand. We were just friends for about 5 months, and then decided to get married.

Do you want one?  N/A

How do you feel around other couples?

Odd, we don't enjoy being around other couples, old or young. When I see elderly couples, I go "daww" and hope to achieve that level of intamacy.
 But any other couples, middle-aged or young, it's often a mixture of anger at one person, pity for one or both people (and/or their children), and wishing I could do something, say something, or direct them to someone they'd more aptly to respect who would wake them up and see reality! My husband, well, he usually expresses pity upon the children of many couples, and wonders how really old people have sex (this is something we discuss....strangely enough)...

Both of us are 22, and we have yet to meet anyone our age that maintained a marriage out of love.  We have met a few couples who got married at 18-19, got tired of each other but ended up having a kid, so they won't divorce because of the kid but no longer like each other, or we've met people with the same senario who actually are divorced, and they are younger than us!

There are a lot of negative stereotyping when it comes to young marriages from the older generation, and more often than not they are true. But we are not part of that group, and we both REALLY hate people saying, "you married too young; you two are going to divorce."  Again, we REALLY hate those kind of comments. We still love each other, and in fact, our love has only grown with time. No, it most definitely had not been easy, but we are mature enough to be beyond the "feeling" of love and actually have a real relationship. We are friends first and foremost, and our love is a daily choice, not a fleeting feeling. 

As far as dating couples are concerned, we don't fit in at all.  And oftentimes, my husband and I discuss our friends' relationships and how they are/are not working out and why.  Usually from those conversations, we often come to dicussing ways to prevent similar problems within our own relationship and more often than not it boils down to two things-

1. Be friends first

2. DO NOT be selfish

Too often couples (married and dating) are in it for their own desires, not for one another.  Selfishness is downfall to ALL relationships.  There is utterly nothing about breakups and divorces that say there are other reasons.  And sadly, with young people, it seems almost taboo to date a friend, and that was very perplexing to see as I went through high school.

How many have you had? 1 other relationship before my marriage

I had a boyfriend throughout high school. We were together for 4 years. But I matured after I went to college while he did not, so I wisely ended it.  He was 3 years older than I. It was very much a learning experiance, and I do not regret it. I learned so much paitence and gained much wisdom through this relationship. It was not a good relationship (I was invested, he was not), but I came out of it stronger and wiser. If it wasn't for what I have learned through this past relationship, I would not be able to best friend and wife I can be for my husband today.

Edit: @Discordian....the table flip part you mentioned...yup...

Edited by Treble Bolt

Never been in one, probably never will.  ^_^ 

I cant say much about them... sorry. :\

I think it would be nice to be in one though, that is if it was a working relationship.

Edited by Onylex

@@FatalRain

…If only I had a dollar for every time I heard that!

and not from some prick looking to stick it in my pants!

Aww...things happen when you least expect it

that's all I know

I met my current special somepony online for bloody sakes! And the funnier part was, when I was started talking to him, I was poking fun at him haha

and he didn't even notice

But we got to talking and somehow managed to fall in love

crazy things can happen!

Are you in one? - Yes, I've been in a loving relationship for 10 months now.

Do you want one? - I'm quite happy with where I am, so that would be a yes.

How do you feel around other couples?- It's not my bussiness. I've never had a problem with them, not even when I was single or heartbroken. 

How many have you had?- 8. 

Are you in one? No not currently

Do you want one? Well...there is one guy, but it'll never happen

How do you feel around other couples? Depends, If I'm the only one there I feel like a 3rd wheel even if we're all just hangin out as friends, But if there's a heap of us I'm fine.

How many have you had? 4, but only one of them was serious.

Are you in one?

Nope. Won't be in one until I'm done my Masters degree at the very least.

Do you want one?

I am often tempted to want one so prematurely, even if it meant sacrificing a clear head for it. But I often tell myself that God provides me with everything I need. And that includes a relationship if I need one. Although...

Honestly, I feel left out whenever I get to see other couples able to talk with each other happily and express their undying love for each other. At the same time, I tell myself that they went through similar struggles as I have when it comes to finding their love, and it makes me happy for them that they found their true love (hopefully). I also get really giddy when I see people going kissy wissy. It's so cute :wub: Imagine if it was my turn... :wub:

How many have you had?

None.

• Brohoof 1

Are you in one? 

Not in one.

Do you want one?

Depends, lately I've not been interested in having one but it depends. If it would turn out as a good one then sure.

Neutral, sure when they're kissing in front of you then it's a bit awkward. Most of the times I just feel neutral.

How many have you had?

Are you in one?

I am as of right now, but it's only lasted a week so far...

Do you want one?

I would like one that didn't really get off to a weird start like mine did...

I'm cool on the outside, but on the inside, I get extremely depressed.

How many have you had?

One. This one.

Are you in a relationship?

Yes, I am in a relationship. 

I love being in a relationship, there's a connection like none other, especially with someone you truly love. If I'm not in one I feel sad and disconnected from everything, and it usually spirals down in a depression, I lose motivation for anything and then I just stand still in life. My partner is my drive, he's a dream that's within my grasp to take, it's a challenge but very rewarding, and never do I regret one second of it, all of the ups and downs make me who I am, and I wouldn't want it any different.

I feel good around other couples too, seeing them happy makes me happy, generally any happy person does. I'm really sensitive to loneliness and sadness, so I avoid those as much as I can. Bad relationships make me really sad, no one deserves a hard time.

How many have you had?

7 I think, I don't really remember which ones would count as "real" relationships and which don't. I've had more though, but I didn't count the ones that were really bad. Most of them were girls, I'm currently in my second same-sex relationship.

All in all, even the bad ones did have a lot of meaning to me, and I don't regret that, I made choices and so did they, all we can say is that it was fun while it lasted, and that at the end we learned a lot about both ourselves, and others.

1. Are you in one? Currently, no.

2. Do you want one? I don't necessarily want one but I also don't want one, I'm just waiting to find that someone I could enjoy spending time with, whether online dating or face-to-face as time goes on. I'm more concerned about my grades rather than dating, however.

How do you feel around other couples? I don't really feel anything because I usually don't care, just don't mouth slobber another near me. 

How many have you had? One; online.

I really want a real relationship ship with someone.

Over the last 8 years I've pretty much destroyed my life trying to find something to replace a real human relationship with someone. I think this even goes down to a friend level, yes I want to meet that special someone especially, but it consumed me so much and the things I sued to replace it consumed me so much that I have sabotaged ALL my relationships with everyone.

It's over over the last year that I have steadily begun to rebuild my life and have proper friends again. I know I want one now, but currently I am not looking for someone as doing so would cause a downward spiral in my life again (about 4 months ago this happened, and I would rather be single and be able to have friends then to start to destroy everything again).

Are you in one?

Yes I am at the moment!

Do you want one? 

Well, I'm in one... So.. Yes?

Depends on the couple and how they are.

How many have you had?

Four.

Are you in one? - No.

Do you want one? - Yes, with somepony in particular.

How do you feel around other couples? - I look at others' relationships as a blessing bestowed upon them and treat it as such, but I typically act normally around them.

How many have you had? - None.

I guess I am just not blessed in love.

Never been in relationship before or on a date, like ever. But I'm only in high school so I'll see how things go. But I've always wanted to go on a date with someone special....

I only miss them at my most bored. I don't feel like I need one so I'd have to go out of my way to commit to doing something that I'd just get tired of, and that hurts people. Besides, I hate feeling like I'm always on.

There is someone that I'm in some kind of relationship with (you could say), but it's more like a really committed roleplay. It's like the difference between realistic fiction and real life. Real relationships are tedious. You spend more time cleaning the basement and picking up the groceries than doing anything memorable. This person and I play at a relationship when we go out, or stay in together, and those times are supposed to be special, going to public events or shows, exploring the city, touring the various districts, working on projects together, eating or drinking at some expensive place we've never seen before. It's about the spontaneity as much as anything; but then when I'm done I go home, and my only memories of this person are good ones.

I like romantic ideas; living out a scene, disjointed from reality. But most people expect and believe that any sort of relationship or romantic gesture should (and does) come from a real interest in the other person *as they are*. That's just not something I can do very well, or for very long, and with rare, precious exception, that's not what people want.. I accept that, and try not to lead people on now.

I think I've had about a half dozen significant relationships, not counting complete bullshit.

I never had a relationship yet. But that‘s ok, I just want find the perfect partner and have him as partner for life. ^^ I feel ok around couples, however it is maybe strange, when they cuddle around and kissing and I just stand there.

• 1 month later...

Are you in one?  At the moment, no.

Do you want one? No. All I need from another person is companionship and romance isn’t the only way to get that. Everything else associated with having a girlfriend is optional to me. I do just fine without kissing, sex, marriage, kids, or a shared home.  Nonetheless I am heterosexual and, with the right woman, you can never say never.

How do you feel around other couples? I feel fine around couples today and I am happy for them.  But I used to think I was sorely missing out on something when I was younger. Life has wised me up a bit. :) I think PDAs are sweet too as long as it isn't overdone. In that case, get a room. I personally didn’t like making a big scene myself whenever I was with somebody.

How many have you had? Three. They were fun! Being loved and loving someone else so much is an incredibly wonderful feeling. :wub: But they were also a lot of hard work and, with the wrong person, it's worse than being single. :P

Are you in one? Yes!  for 9 years, no one thought we would make it, but we sure showed them

Do you want one? I think the, yes for 9 years answers that

How do you feel around other couples? over abundance of PDA makes me feel uncomfortable.  I went for a walk in a park today and saw 2 couple sitting ontop of each other, and one girl was in her underpants- that makes me uncomfortable.  But just couples in general, sure whatever

How many have you had? pretty much just my current boo

Besides a couple of those "pretend" middle school relationships, Ive only really had one really quick one. ended shortly though. And ive had dates to all my schools dances, but nothing happened after. I would love a relationship with the girl I like right now, but weve been friends for like 4 years now and not to sound like the, "oh man, friendzone strikes again!" kinda guy, but... yea. thats the case.

(edited)

Are you in one?

Nope.

Do you want one?

Knowing how there are more and more people taking relationships for granted nowadays, such as cheating, and with 'diseases' being more common, I'm not sure if I even want a relationship.

I Pretty much don't care about that.

How many have you had?

None. I've never dated before and I'm 20, in a few months I'll be 21.

Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 2

I'd like to be in one, but I am incapable of even the most basic of communication and social skills with others, especially when it comes to members of the opposite sex. There are pros and cons of being in a relationship, but I believe the good would outweigh the bad. Maybe some day...

• Brohoof 1

Are you in one? No I am not.

Do you want one? Not really, but sometimes I do when I'm feeling lonely.  I've had too many bad ones and I don't want to risk it again.

How do you feel around other couples? It's pretty awkward if they're doing 'couple' stuff.  If they're just hanging out not all over each other, I don't mind.

How many have you had? 5 that I can think of.  XD  One wasn't very long though, so I don't think that counts.  And one we weren't really 'dating', but we pretty much were.  He just didn't want to call it dating.  So I'm counting that one because it was a pretty long time.