Banner by ~ Rikifive

General How do you feel about romantic relationships?

• 2 weeks later...

Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've loved tons of girls                       for about 10 minutes, then I kicked them outa the car.

Honestly, I was actually nervous to start a relationship. But Twilight made it so... Easy. We are currently dating, and she always makes my day.

Well then we're one and the same because I won't stand for that stuff anymore. You annoyed? Say so. Upset? What's on your mind? Want to go roll around in the hay rather than watch another Food Paradis

• 1 month later...

Are you in one?

• Yes. Almost 5 years.

Do you want one?

• Well, certainly not another one, haha!

How do you feel around other couples?

• Eh. I don't really care. Even when I was single, I wasn't bitter toward those who did find it. I kinda stopped caring about my love life so heavily. Not sure if I matured or if I became jaded after so much lack of success. Probably some of Column A, some of Column B

How many have you had?

• This is my sixth. This is, by and large, the longest I've ever been with someone. All the others ranged from one week to eight months. 

It's funny. My parents always told me I'd forget the names and faces of all the girls I ever dated. I didn't. It's been 13 years since my first girlfriend and I still remember everything. 11 years since the second and I remember her name and face vividly. It's not that I didn't move on. I just remember. Things might not have worked out, but I don't hate any of them. I was in a very dark place up until I was about 24 anyway. I wouldn't want to be with me in that place either. 

I'm in therapy these days. Trying to overcome a looooooot of years of physical and emotional abuse. Things are good in my current relationship, but we hit rough patches from time to time and I have a lot of trouble because of it so I'm pretty hopeful that therapy helps me to open up and talk so we can better communicate. 

I think it’s a double edged sword. If it works, it’s wonderful, but I believe it’s been idealized too much and many people think their lives depends on it, not aware it can come crashing down 

I gotta be honest, I have a complete 0% interest in dating (in other words, I have no plans dating anyone, even if I became a adult) 

Why? I guess dating isn't my type. I'm pretty sure that it'll probably cause me more stressed out or something and I got a lots of better things to do than dating so I chose to stay single in my entire life.

I did have few crushes on mostly girls but they're mostly celebrities (Miranda Cosgrove and Victoria Justice) and weirdly, fictional characters (Sunset Shimmer, Pony Twilight Sparkle and Human & Pony Fluttershy) but they're crushes and that's it. 

Like I said, though, I have no current and future plans to dating someone.

Edited by raykv423
  • Brohoof 1

Romantic relationships? Personally I'm a huge fan of them and one of the best experiences you can have through your entire life.

Now I understand that being part of a relationship isn't everyone's cups of tea and may want to wait until that special day or maybe they frankly don't want a relationship for the time being. That's perfectly understandable. As humans, we all rely on relationships. Whether it be with their parents, family, friends, teachers or a few romantic interests. You cannot go on in the world, saying you never were in a "relationship". That's physically impossible. We all have dealt with platonic relationships before. But the point is they help shape who we truly are and discover more about who you are. They shape up into the person you are today and how to interact with those around you. Heck, the very first relationship you experience is with your parents!

Now going back to the topic,

A romantic relationship is signifying that you're above platonic and you love your partner at the same levels of your parents. You even view them in an attractive way. But the whole point of a romantic relationship to finally find someone that you're willing to settle down with for the rest of your life. Someone to stay by their side until their last breath. It's pretty romantic in my opinion. But like I said, not everyone wants to get into a relationship that fast or they just want to wait for that day to arrive. Or maybe you're searching for the one right now and you can't find them.

My advice is to not give up and keep sticking your head out the window. Someday you'll meet your special someone and you'll experience love like no other. After all, there might be seven billion people alive on this planet but there is definitely someone out there who thinks very highly of you. You just don't know it yet.

I've been in a fair share of relationships (mostly long distance relationships) and I can say that I had my ups and downs with them. Not every relationship is "perfect". But even through those obstacles, it only makes the relationship stronger as time goes on. Now I'm in a loving six year long distance relationship with my partner who lives in North America/Canada. Everyday is always something different and while we're far apart, our love still grows everyday. The best part about it? You can build up a lot of confidence even without seeing them in real life. That way when you meet them in real life, you're more prepared to get comfortable with your partner rather than being in a real life relationship. I'm not trying to diss those who are in a real life relationship! All relationships are different! But they all have one thing in common.

Love. Thanks for listening to me rambling. :ButtercupLaugh:

I’m honestly not sure if I’ll date in the future or not. I keep saying to myself “I’ll just find somebody” but it’s not like I actually go looking for people though. Farthest I’ve ever gone is having a couple of fan crushes so I really don’t know yet.

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, VinylWubs said:

Romantic relationships? Personally I'm a huge fan of them and one of the best experiences you can have through your entire life.

Now I understand that being part of a relationship isn't everyone's cups of tea and may want to wait until that special day or maybe they frankly don't want a relationship for the time being. That's perfectly understandable. As humans, we all rely on relationships. Whether it be with their parents, family, friends, teachers or a few romantic interests. You cannot go on in the world, saying you never were in a "relationship". That's physically impossible. We all have dealt with platonic relationships before. But the point is they help shape who we truly are and discover more about who you are. They shape up into the person you are today and how to interact with those around you. Heck, the very first relationship you experience is with your parents!

Now going back to the topic,

A romantic relationship is signifying that you're above platonic and you love your partner at the same levels of your parents. You even view them in an attractive way. But the whole point of a romantic relationship to finally find someone that you're willing to settle down with for the rest of your life. Someone to stay by their side until their last breath. It's pretty romantic in my opinion. But like I said, not everyone wants to get into a relationship that fast or they just want to wait for that day to arrive. Or maybe you're searching for the one right now and you can't find them.

My advice is to not give up and keep sticking your head out the window. Someday you'll meet your special someone and you'll experience love like no other. After all, there might be seven billion people alive on this planet but there is definitely someone out there who thinks very highly of you. You just don't know it yet.

I've been in a fair share of relationships (mostly long distance relationships) and I can say that I had my ups and downs with them. Not every relationship is "perfect". But even through those obstacles, it only makes the relationship stronger as time goes on. Now I'm in a loving six year long distance relationship with my partner who lives in North America/Canada. Everyday is always something different and while we're far apart, our love still grows everyday. The best part about it? You can build up a lot of confidence even without seeing them in real life. That way when you meet them in real life, you're more prepared to get comfortable with your partner rather than being in a real life relationship. I'm not trying to diss those who are in a real life relationship! All relationships are different! But they all have one thing in common.

Love. Thanks for listening to me rambling. :ButtercupLaugh:

How are romantic relationships of the best experiences you can have through your entire life though? There's more to life than romance. 

On 12/8/2020 at 8:49 PM, VinylWubs said:

As humans, we all rely on relationships. Whether it be with their parents, family, friends, teachers or a few romantic interests. You cannot go on in the world, saying you never were in a "relationship". That's physically impossible. We all have dealt with platonic relationships before. But the point is they help shape who we truly are and discover more about who you are. They shape up into the person you are today and how to interact with those around you. Heck, the very first relationship you experience is with your parents!

Depends on the context of relationship, relationship isn't as commonly used in non romantic sense. And also sort of quite different.

At the end of the day it is just a concept and in a way you could say you never been in a relationship if you disregard the whole concept. It is a label, just like friendship also to describe the status of two or more things. Ofc if its the act of relating to people generally then we do that all the time, but do we consider the people we met only once maybe twice as relationships? Is meeting someone more and having them more in your life instanly make someone more important. What if one person came to you and told you something major or did something that changed ur life, then u never saw them again lol

I mean yeah parental care is vital for human beings as human babies are not creatures born self sufficient nor nearly developed. Nuture is a huge part of the process. And from teachers and vital play. But this is for survival and pretty necessary. At least up until a certain age.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:49 PM, VinylWubs said:

Some people identify inbetween some romantic or platonic. Some people don't do romantic at all. But in the end I think they r all just labels.

How about poly people, or people who want to constantly explore and meet new people. 

Are people you are involved romantically more important than those platonically? Is there a hierachy. How about if u find ur best friend more important, do u need to be attracted to someone sexually or romantically for them to be important. 

Badges

I'm in one for the first time in forever and I have much to learn after being single for pretty much the entirety of my twenties (to be fair, it was complicated during a number of those years).

• Yay 1

Are you in one? 

No I am not

Do you want one?

I would like to be.

How do you feel around other couples?

It depends on the couple. If they’re all over each other it’s kind of awkward to be around.

How many have you had?

Nothing I would deem serious so I will say none. None of them hit that level

I'm single too but I like to chat online with different people with similar interests.Esp i like live webcam chat here https://vibragame.net/en/chatroulette/. There are so many hot girls. Some of them send me hot photos. Hope I'll meet someone special in the near future. 

Edited by joobmo

• 2 weeks later...