Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel about romantic relationships?

FatalRain

Gonna edit it...

I was in a relationship

Sorry to hear that. Though I suppose publicly announcing your doubts probably wouldn't have gone over well if Tangent saw that.

That said if you were to the point of publicly announcing it the relationship was on it's way out.

My condolences regardless.

• Brohoof 1

Not in one right now~

Meh it would be interesting as long as we would have stuff in common~

They are fine as long as they aren't doing anything serious or I'm the third wheel.

to many which all failed =3= shame~ but it is what is it~

Being the 3rd wheel is always terrible

I've been the 3rd, 5th and even 7th wheel before  :eww:

• Brohoof 1

Having a relationship is good to have if you think you found the perfect someone in your life.I'm not in one right now but hopefully i'll find that special someone :D

I kinda surprised you didn't say "special somepony" haha

but yeah, it's hard finding someone to connect with >a<

• Brohoof 1

I kinda surprised you didn't say "special somepony" haha

but yeah, it's hard finding someone to connect with >a<

Harder still when one finds small talk difficult and even tedious but has a hard time sparking any sort of conversational interest when most of your hobbies are ones that require only one person to enjoy. There's little middle ground in a non-social hobby.

I know them feels.. it can get REALLY agitating :okiedokielokie:  

I don't mind if they're the kind of couple that can act like two separate entities

but when all they do is make out or cuddle or ignore me because talking to each other is far more important...well...I start to get kinda irked

I don't mind if they're the kind of couple that can act like two separate entities

but when all they do is make out or cuddle or ignore me because talking to each other is far more important...well...I start to get kinda irked

Yeah that's exactly I what I was getting at.. It's like if you are gonna keep me around at least let us do something or let me leave or something >.<

• Brohoof 1

My one serious girlfriend got all moody and jealous because I was talking to her sister more for a few hours. It's actually quite annoying when my own partner believes I can't talk to someone more than her. I'm not tolerant of illogical negative behaviors, especially my own. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

My one serious girlfriend got all moody and jealous because I was talking to her sister more for a few hours. It's actually quite annoying when my own partner believes I can't talk to someone more than her. I'm not tolerant of illogical negative behaviors, especially my own. :lol:

^ That is the very reason I am having doubts about my own relationship!!

My last serious relationship was sorta like that xD though on a more series case where I could talk to anyone but her for a while and she would get seriously ticked. It was like whaaaaaaat. Got out of that.. couldn't handle having someone stand over my shoulder 24/7 for when I talked to like my best guy friends or anyone else like I said.

^ That is the very reason I am having doubts about my own relationship!!

Talk about hitting the nail on the head while blindfolded.

It's one thing if you're neglecting them but you don't have to be talking to them 24/7.

My last serious relationship was sorta like that xD though on a more series case where I could talk to anyone but her for a while and she would get seriously ticked. It was like whaaaaaaat. Got out of that.. couldn't handle having someone stand over my shoulder 24/7 for when I talked to like my best guy friends or anyone else like I said.

Overly clingy partners can be hard to deal with for sure. You know she'd get mad at me and constantly post "..." every time I didn't answer a text within five minutes? I'm not a talkative person, I shouldn't honestly be expected to answer that frequently all the time. lol

Overly clingy partners can be hard to deal with for sure. You know she'd get mad at me and constantly post "..." every time I didn't answer a text within five minutes? I'm not a talkative person, I shouldn't honestly be expected to answer that frequently all the time. lol

I know right?? About 4 years in and I was like I reallllly can't handle it. So now I am free for now. Gotta agree clingy partners or people in general can be very hard but I can tend to tolerate this pretty well. 

Clingy can be good imo, but when it gets to the point that they don't trust you when you do anything BUT talk or do things with them...that's time to have a serious conversation about your relationship with them. Not necessarily to break up but there needs to be some action taken.

• Brohoof 1

Clingy can be good imo, but when it gets to the point that they don't trust you when you do anything BUT talk or do things with them...that's time to have a serious conversation about your relationship with them. Not necessarily to break up but there needs to be some action taken.

Pretty much what I was talkin' about.. I should really clarify more xD sorry. Imo clingy is better than distant. I had a girlfriend that would always be off with other guys and cheated on me so i was like...eeyup this is getting ended.

Oh I knew what you meant. Just makin' teh conversationz. :lol:

I honestly believe any girlfriend I get would cheat on me. I'm not a likable person, not attractive in the slightest both physically and mentally and I'd be that guy who only gets a girl because she doesn't think she can do any better. It's not that I wouldn't trust them not to do so, I just believe it's a pretty good chance.

I know it sounds horrible but I'm not much of a catch. :lol:

Edited by Discordian

Not in one, likely won't be for years to come regardless of whether I want one. There's a distinct possibility I'll never be in one because of my inability to socialize effectively and tendency to obsess over certain things to the point of ignoring the rest of the world.

I'm also not even remotely financially stable so don't have anything to offer anyone in the ways of stability anyway. "Let's go to dinner" "Okay but I have no money so you gotta pay" :okiedokielokie:

I really don't mind seeing other people in them or hearing them talk about them either.

All of that.

I have only ever been in one, it officially lasted about 4.5yrs. I say officially because we might as well have been together for several years before we started actually dating. It ended a little over 6yrs ago now.

At times I'd like to be in another, but other times I don't. I'm kind of picky since I'm not interested in just flings or short term stuff at all, but I also will probably never be the one to make the move again. So I've kind of accepted that if something happens, it'll happen. Although I'm usually never out and about by myself, always with family (see financial stability), so I never get flirted with anyways.

That's okay, I've got my Jeep to pour my affection into.

de4758c9dc88cac4f81e0631ae35293b.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I think literally all my girlfriends have cheated on me X.x It is really annoying and depressing. I am a decently likable person at face value because everyone is like oh he is normal! Then they learn I like anime,games, the Japanese culture, etc. I'm still searching for the person that will agree with me on these topics~ I have taken up the saying "Be yourself!" now so I can change that face value :P gotta love being weird.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, why not? :)

Are you in one?

Nope.

Do you want one?

I don't need one. If it happens I meet someone and feel a deep connection with them I may try. I love expressing myself and treating others with kindness. Though I may have not enjoyed any of my relationships this far, I still try to make them feel happy. Though it comes to the point where I end up having to break up with them...but I always tell them they can find better mates as I honestly feel bad being the one to break up with them.

How do you feel around other couples?

Doesn't bother me. If they act like they can just talk about it all the time and kind of rub it in to everyone...then it bothers me. Mostly because it's annoying though. Even people in relationships get annoyed by that.

How many have you had?

Three Internet ones and one real life one. In real life I was used. On the Internet they were mean or never talked to me. So...I'd like to think I can just pretend they didn't happen and say I've never been in one. I'm the one that started them, yet, I never felt involved/loved in them.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Are you in one?

Yup, pretty good one at that.

Do you want one?

Already got one.

How do you feel around other couples?

It depends on how they behave. If they are just being obnoxious, then it can get insufferable. Like those couples who feel the need to remind everyone every 2 minutes they are in "love".

How many have you had?

Ummm... That depends on what you define as a "relationship". If you mean a serious committed thing? Two. However if you mean like girls and guys I have been with... Probably a dozen... There was one guy though I was thinking of starting a relationship with about two years ago, but that went sour and I met my current girlfriend not too long after.

I've never really had any problem finding romance. I'm a smooth talker and I'm pretty good looking I'd like to think. I think my confidence is what really gets people to notice. 

All of that.

I have only ever been in one, it officially lasted about 4.5yrs. I say officially because we might as well have been together for several years before we started actually dating. It ended a little over 6yrs ago now.

At times I'd like to be in another, but other times I don't. I'm kind of picky since I'm not interested in just flings or short term stuff at all, but I also will probably never be the one to make the move again. So I've kind of accepted that if something happens, it'll happen. Although I'm usually never out and about by myself, always with family (see financial stability), so I never get flirted with anyways.

That's okay, I've got my Jeep to pour my affection into.

img-2421812-1-de4758c9dc88cac4f81e0631ae

Dat gif. :lol:

And I'm with you on the short term stuff. The one short term relationship I was in was pretty crappy. I'm in it for the long haul. Of course this also means that a lot of would-be relationships will fizzle out before they begin because a lot of longer relationships start from shorter ones.

The part that's annoying is that relationships come few and far inbetween. If I ever get into another one and it ends shortly it could be several years or even decades before I find another.

I'm not desperate or anything but going that long without a relationship can be daunting when you want someone to be there for you. :lol:

I think literally all my girlfriends have cheated on me X.x It is really annoying and depressing. I am a decently likable person at face value because everyone is like oh he is normal! Then they learn I like anime,games, the Japanese culture, etc. I'm still searching for the person that will agree with me on these topics~ I have taken up the saying "Be yourself!" now so I can change that face value :P gotta love being weird.

BLARGH.

Anyone who can't deal with the "weird" stuff like anime and Japanese culture definitely isn't right for someone who is. Even if they aren't into it I think it's important to at least learn why they are into it. It helps with understanding your partner to try to understand why they like the things they do even if you aren't into it yourself.

Personally I'm too into games, anime and anything Japanese-related for any girlfriend of mine to not be into them. They are what I spend a majority of my time on whether it's playing/watching or talking about them!

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

BLARGH.

Anyone who can't deal with the "weird" stuff like anime and Japanese culture definitely isn't right for someone who is. Even if they aren't into it I think it's important to at least learn why they are into it. It helps with understanding your partner to try to understand why they like the things they do even if you aren't into it yourself.

Personally I'm too into games, anime and anything Japanese-related for any girlfriend of mine to not be into them. They are what I spend a majority of my time on whether it's playing/watching or talking about them!

off topic: Where I use to live in the US was pretty much you are Red Neck and you hunt, do dip, and smoke with your Red Neck buddies. I was sooo out of place and no one realized that until they pulled my ear bud out and listened to my vocaloid music or stuff like that.

I can't quite understand why partners can't quite process you like anything that is not involved with your home country. Its a major thing that happens in relationships they sit there and think what in the world..

*Fixed a typo*

Edited by Noire Panzer
  • Brohoof 2

off topic: Where I use to live in the US was pretty much you are Red Neck and you hunt, do dip, and smoke with your Red Neck buddies. I was sooo out of place and no one realized that until they pulled and ear bud out and listened to my vocaloid music or stuff like that.

I can't quite understand why partners can't quite process you like anything that is not involved with your home country. Its a major thing that happens in relationships they sit there and think what in the world..

Sounds like an interesting place to live. I've interacted with enough people in areas like that or with the same mentality to think most of them are pretty dumb people. Makes me glad for the internet. I can find people who understand. :lol:

Sounds like an interesting place to live. I've interacted with enough people in areas like that or with the same mentality to think most of them are pretty dumb people. Makes me glad for the internet. I can find people who understand. :lol:

For the internet!! Take it away Fluttershy!

post-25449-0-66874700-1395207938_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2