Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel about romantic relationships?

FatalRain

Clingy can be good imo, but when it gets to the point that they don't trust you when you do anything BUT talk or do things with them...that's time to have a serious conversation about your relationship with them. Not necessarily to break up but there needs to be some action taken.

I agree. It's embarrassing to admit, but I believe I'm sort of overly attached to my girlfriend. :blush: However, I'd never become controlling or possessive of her. I always make sure to give her space.

Edited by LatinoChurro

I agree. It's embarrassing to admit, but I believe I'm sort of overly attached to my girlfriend. :blush: However, I'd never become controlling or possessive of her. I always make sure to give her space.

Just remember, peeps, so long as you aren't this:

3t35o8.jpg

you're probably okay in the cling department. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Brohoof 2

From the sounds of that you sounds like you would be good for your relationship :o But as Discordian said you are probably fine in the clingy department.

you're probably okay in the cling department. :lol: :lol: :lol:

From the sounds of that you sounds like you would be good for your relationship :o But as Discordian said you are probably fine in the clingy department.

Yeah, I'm fine lol. Being too clingy isn't an issue as long as you have self-control, which is something that I think a lot of people tend to overlook when it comes to relationships.

• Brohoof 2

Dat gif. :lol:

Anyone who can't deal with the "weird" stuff like anime and Japanese culture definitely isn't right for someone who is. Even if they aren't into it I think it's important to at least learn why they are into it. It helps with understanding your partner to try to understand why they like the things they do even if you aren't into it yourself.

Personally I'm too into games, anime and anything Japanese-related for any girlfriend of mine to not be into them. They are what I spend a majority of my time on whether it's playing/watching or talking about them!

Good 'ol Supernatural gifs.  :squee:

Definitely agree that you have to at least show some interest. You don't have to love the stuff, but don't bash on it or anything negative. I hate roller coasters, but I would still go with and walk around the park and stuff.

I'm kind of the same though, I tend to get a tad obsessed over certain things. Not to the point I ignore the world, but enough that people can get sick of me talking about it or something. So in order for us to be compatible, she basically needs to be into them too or at least be truly okay with them and not turn them into her focus for arguments. Might as well just grab your stuff and go if that's the case. I'm a firm believer that you very much have to be into the same stuff or the relationship is doomed. Opposites only attract when it comes to magnets.

I personally also will NOT date someone who is addicted to facebook or other social media garbage. My ex sat on that site like I use to sit on WoW, difference was I'd turn off the game when she was around and she'd stay on that stupid site. I refuse to partake in those sites now. I remember visiting her at her dorm once for a few days, and very distinctly sitting around bored because she was on that site the whole time. Then I found out later down the road during a fight, she was mad at me for sitting there and playing her Wii rather than giving her my attention. It's like she thought I came to visit her just to play with her Wii. That wasn't on my mind at frikkin all until I realized I was second priority.  :wacko:

But I digress. I forgot it's always the guys fault. No exceptions.

Edited by The Mane-iac

Yeah, I'm fine lol. Being too clingy isn't an issue as long as you have self-control, which is something that I think a lot of people tend to overlook when it comes to relationships.

Yeah self-control is something that I noticed is something that is ignored quite a bit from past experiences

• Brohoof 1

Good 'ol Supernatural gifs.  :squee:

Definitely agree that you have to at least show some interest. You don't have to love the stuff, but don't bash on it or anything negative. I hate roller coasters, but I would still go with and walk around the park and stuff.

I'm kind of the same though, I tend to get a tad obsessed over certain things. Not to the point I ignore the world, but enough that people can get sick of me talking about it or something. So in order for us to be compatible, she basically needs to be into them too or at least be truly okay with them and not turn them into her focus for arguments. Might as well just grab your stuff and go if that's the case. I'm a firm believer that you very much have to be into the same stuff or the relationship is doomed. Opposites only attract when it comes to magnets.

I personally also will NOT date someone who is addicted to facebook or other social media garbage. My ex sat on that site like I use to sit on WoW, difference was I'd turn off the game when she was around and she'd stay on that stupid site. I refuse to partake in those sites now. I remember visiting her at her dorm once for a few days, and very distinctly sitting around bored because she was on that site the whole time. Then I found out later down the road during a fight, she was mad at me for sitting there and playing her Wii rather than giving her my attention. It's like she thought I came to visit her just to play with her Wii. That wasn't on my mind at frikkin all until I realized I was second priority.  :wacko:

But I digress. I forgot it's always the guys fault. No exceptions.

That's probably one of my biggest pet peeves as far as relationships go: expecting us to catch every little hint as if it was obvious. You wanna say something, say it. It's not our fault if you show now signs of being upset and then get mad at us for not seeing these nonexistent signs.

Note: Sighing and fiddling with your hair are NOT signs that you are upset. They mean nothing at all without context!

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

That's probably one of my biggest pet peeves as far as relationships go: expecting us to catch every little hint as if it was obvious. You wanna say something, say it. It's not our fault if you show now signs of being upset and then get mad at us for not seeing these nonexistent signs.

Note: Sighing and fiddling with your hair are NOT signs that you are upset. They mean nothing at all without context!

This...Unobvious hints or no context can be quite annoying. Heck fiddling with your hair I see people do let alone use it when they are upset.

It gets worse when you ask if something is upset and they straight up say "no".

Then next time they do the same thing and expect us to ask when the pattern has proven that you are not upset.

Then precede to get upset for not noticing.

Y U BREAK THE PATTERN!?

table_flipping_raaaaaage_by_isangkutsara

Silly humans.

...Take note. This is why I won't ever find a girlfriend. Don't follow my example. I'm too uppity for my own good. :lol:

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

1. No

img-2421978-1-5582.120698-_2D00_-animate

2. Yes

img-2421978-2-tumblr_m7diig61WG1qe6nyz_m

3. Third wheel...

img-2421978-3-tumblr_meei8jvjho1r7w8cbo1

4. Nope never had one. Being home schooled or moving every 2 or so years did not help me in the social department.

img-2421978-4-Downie_Forever_Alone.gif

I'm a little to dense and don't pick up on the small indications that someone is interested in me. If they want me they have to be pretty blunt about it so my simple brain can understand. I can't tell if she is flirting with me or "flirting" with me. Is she just teasing me or is she being serious? I don't do mind games 

Edited by Wolfstanus
  • Brohoof 3

Then next time they do the same thing and expect us to ask when the pattern has proven that you are not upset.

Then precede to get upset for not noticing.

Y U BREAK THE PATTERN!?

table_flipping_raaaaaage_by_isangkutsara

Silly humans.

...Take note. This is why I won't ever find a girlfriend. Don't follow my example. I'm too uppity for my own good. :lol:

That table flip though... xD Yeah patterns change and variate.. sometimes there are the few that stick to a few patterns which is nice sometimes. Just gotta keep them in mind and tread carefully

• Brohoof 1

Silly humans.

Well then we're one and the same because I won't stand for that stuff anymore. You annoyed? Say so. Upset? What's on your mind? Want to go roll around in the hay rather than watch another Food Paradise rerun? Take initiative.

That last one is a big problem I see, not necessarily on that topic, but still. Right up there with "it's always the guy's fault" is "the guy should be the one asking me out or taking the lead". Hey, you want something, then just go for it if you ask me. Not all guys are stuck in the macho stereotype society tries to mold them into and will be hurt if you step up. That's where a lot of the problems lie, society.

I require straight up honesty, even if you're afraid you may hurt my feelings. Honesty and loyalty. THE two biggest, most important aspects of a good lasting relationship IMO. Trust ties into loyalty I think. If you know your partner is loyal, then you should be able to trust they actually are just friends with that other girl/guy/whatever. Or that being polite to a waitress isn't flirting...  :huh:

• Brohoof 3

Well then we're one and the same because I won't stand for that stuff anymore. You annoyed? Say so. Upset? What's on your mind? Want to go roll around in the hay rather than watch another Food Paradise rerun? Take initiative.

That last one is a big problem I see, not necessarily on that topic, but still. Right up there with "it's always the guy's fault" is "the guy should be the one asking me out or taking the lead". Hey, you want something, then just go for it if you ask me. Not all guys are stuck in the macho stereotype society tries to mold them into and will be hurt if you step up. That's where a lot of the problems lie, society.

I require straight up honesty, even if you're afraid you may hurt my feelings. Honesty and loyalty. THE two biggest, most important aspects of a good lasting relationship IMO. Trust ties into loyalty I think. If you know your partner is loyal, then you should be able to trust they actually are just friends with that other girl/guy/whatever. Or that being polite to a waitress isn't flirting...  :huh:

You deserve a cookie and all the sweets that exist!

• Brohoof 1

You deserve a cookie and all the sweets that exist!

I'm not that big on sweets. But I'll gladly take some pie.

tumblr_mhmjceg3dK1qetpu1o6_r1_250.giftumblr_mhmjceg3dK1qetpu1o5_r1_250.giftumblr_mhmjceg3dK1qetpu1o4_250.gif

izHXOFI.gif

Sorry, I had to. It's getting late, that's my excuse.  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 3

I'm not that big on sweets. But I'll gladly take some pie.

tumblr_mhmjceg3dK1qetpu1o6_r1_250.giftumblr_mhmjceg3dK1qetpu1o5_r1_250.giftumblr_mhmjceg3dK1qetpu1o4_250.gif

izHXOFI.gif

Sorry, I had to. It's getting late, that's my excuse.  :comeatus:

:lol:  You can have all the pie you want and it was pretty funny none the less  :derp:

Are you in one? Nope.

Do you want one? Eh, not really. But at the same time, I sort of do.

How do you feel around other couples? Awkward, usually. I sometimes sit there and sort of wonder what it feels like to have another care for you in that way. 

How many have you had? A grand total of zero. I've probably had multiple chances, but like I said, I don't really want one, or even care about getting one. Most that have happened around my age group are just to keep face. Although, since I am turning 21 soon, I'm hitting that turning point where real relationships are more common.

I guess I have enough things to worry about other than a relationship, whether it be keeping my job, school, bills, paying for school, figuring out my future, the list goes on. I've heard enough horror stories about them to want to stay far away anyway. However, I do have a few women that I would absolutely love to be in a relationship with. Only issue I have is that they actually don't exist. Thems the breaks I guess.

• Brohoof 1

We'll i have been in a realstionship with so many when i was 13 too 14 and too 15 year's old most of them treated me bad in runescape i did not know what they had in common but it was a big stupid mistake.I'm in a realstionship with my ssp from october 19th 2013 but we are gonna get too know each other.

Are you in one?:Yes.

Do you want one?:I already have one.

How do you feel around other couples?:I feel happy for them.

How many have you had?:I don't remember since i had too many...

Edited by Lightfire

Are you in one? Nope

Do you want one? Not really, cuddles are always nice though.

How do you feel around other couples? Considering they are probably happy, I get happy. Happiness tend to spread from person to person to cat.

How many have you had? Noone, I never cared much about such.

Oh, why not? :)

Are you in one?

Nope.

Do you want one?

I don't need one. If it happens I meet someone and feel a deep connection with them I may try. I love expressing myself and treating others with kindness. Though I may have not enjoyed any of my relationships this far, I still try to make them feel happy. Though it comes to the point where I end up having to break up with them...but I always tell them they can find better mates as I honestly feel bad being the one to break up with them.

How do you feel around other couples?

Doesn't bother me. If they act like they can just talk about it all the time and kind of rub it in to everyone...then it bothers me. Mostly because it's annoying though. Even people in relationships get annoyed by that.

How many have you had?

Three Internet ones and one real life one. In real life I was used. On the Internet they were mean or never talked to me. So...I'd like to think I can just pretend they didn't happen and say I've never been in one. I'm the one that started them, yet, I never felt involved/loved in them.

Aww

I'm sorry none of your relationships have worked out :(

I'm sure you'll meet somepony good for you someday! <3

• Brohoof 1

Aww

I'm sorry none of your relationships have worked out :(

I'm sure you'll meet somepony good for you someday! <3

Oh, thank you. :) I appreciate it.

Are you in one? 

Do you want one?

How do you feel around other couples?

How many have you had?

I was in a relationship for five years, but since November of last year, things have been going kinda sour and I just don't feel like we're together anymore, so I basically consider myself single

I don't want a relationship right now anyways

Sometimes I feel jealous around couples because I miss having what they had

I only count three of my relationships since the others were either short or didn't feel like real relationships

It's sort of annoying to me now to hear people always talking about them as if nothing else matters!

That's actually something I liked about the first three seasons of MLP...it's so friendship focused and there's no romance!

No.

Yes.

Envious.

None.

I'm sorry to hear that. As I've stated, I've never been in a relationship, but I imagine that having your relationship slowly fade away to the point where it's non-existant, yet you still can't honestly call yourself single is worse than an actual breakup.

If I do get in a relationship, I want it to be serious and romantic. Casual dating to me sounds like flavourless candy. Similarly to the word flavourless, the word 'casual' kind of defeats the purpose to me. Though, I could just be saying this because I'm naive and have never been in a relationship. I don't know, I can honestly tell you that I don't know what it's like. :(

• Brohoof 1

No.

Yes.

Envious.

None.

I'm sorry to hear that. As I've stated, I've never been in a relationship, but I imagine that having your relationship slowly fade away to the point where it's non-existant, yet you still can't honestly call yourself single is worse than an actual breakup.

If I do get in a relationship, I want it to be serious and romantic. Casual dating to me sounds like flavourless candy. Similarly to the word flavourless, the word 'casual' kind of defeats the purpose to me. Though, I could just be saying this because I'm naive and have never been in a relationship. I don't know, I can honestly tell you that I don't know what it's like. :(

It's a bummer

and every time I try to move on, he somehow manages to hold me back

I'm not sure what to do about it all ^^'

But, if I ever do date again, I'd prefer it to be casual

I took all my past relationships seriously and got hurt because the person I was dating didn't

so I rather have something simple and fun

I'm not, nor have I ever been in a relationship (that's first and the last question right there!)

I'm not interested in getting involved in one,

And it depends on the couple. That's the short answer!

While I do get lonely from time, I realize that I'm introverted almost to the point of being a recluse, along with having WAAAY too many weird habits and quirks to explain away or hide, which leaves me unable to form any sort of relationship with anyone, even it was remotely worth my time to bother looking!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not, nor have I ever been in a relationship (that's first and the last question right there!)

I'm not interested in getting involved in one,

And it depends on the couple. That's the short answer!

While I do get lonely from time, I realize that I'm introverted almost to the point of being a recluse, along with having WAAAY too many weird habits and quirks to explain away or hide, which leaves me unable to form any sort of relationship with anyone, even it was remotely worth my time to bother looking!

Hmmm

I think that someday you'll meet somepony who will like all your quirks and appreciate you for you

and then you can experience the joys of love!  :D

• Brohoof 2