Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel about romantic relationships?

FatalRain

Are you in one? 

Do you want one?

How do you feel around other couples?

How many have you had?

I was in a relationship for five years, but since November of last year, things have been going kinda sour and I just don't feel like we're together anymore, so I basically consider myself single

I don't want a relationship right now anyways

Sometimes I feel jealous around couples because I miss having what they had

I only count three of my relationships since the others were either short or didn't feel like real relationships

It's sort of annoying to me now to hear people always talking about them as if nothing else matters!

That's actually something I liked about the first three seasons of MLP...it's so friendship focused and there's no romance!

Are you in one?

I have been in one since October of this year :3 I am probably dating the cutest girl I have ever seen and we are pretty simular in interests and hobbies so we can find things to relate on quickly owo. And we share a Steam account together, so that's fun :3

I am happy for them, case in point my best friends are dating each other and I love spending time with them :3

How many have you had?

3, 3 relationships ah ha ha

Edited by EddG

• 2 months later...

Are you in one? 

Not anymore.

Indifferent.

How many have you had?

Too many. 

Edited by Vox
  • Brohoof 1

Are you in one? 

No, I'm not.

Do you want one?

No, thank you. I'm happily single. Albeit, you never know what the future has in store and how perspectives could change. So, I won't say never. (Well, I just did..twice, but you know what I mean, lol. :lol:)

Perfectly fine. I'm secure in my singleness, haha. But I do find too much physical PDA to be immature and annoying. ^_^

How many have you had?

Nada

Edited by Jaxsie

Are you in one?

Yes, I am currently in a relationship and really happy :)

I'm completely fine being around other couples, since I find it both quite adorable and romantic. It shows me that he and I are just like that in other people's eyes.

How many have you had?

I had two relationships before my current one that turned out to be a bust and broken. But, I know that this relationship will be the last I'll ever have, hehe :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I think romantic relationships are wonderful. They're some of the most unique experiences a person can have and they entail a narrative greater than the life of an individual. A story of two with a quality that is determined by the efforts and dedication of the participants; that's what makes it so unique

But they are not for everyone and if you are meant to be in one the opportunity will present itself to you at its own time. It is beyond your control and ultimately you must leave it up to patience, open-mindedness, and faith. Chill and enjoy your life

Life is as vast as uncharted seas. Explore, face the storms and their calms, and go any direction you like and you'll never know what you'll find. Being single is great in of itself and I'm speaking from experience. Been single for nearly 19 years of my life up until September of last year

Life has been so gracious to me and I've been in a great relationship with my sweetheart for more than four months. I've had numerous adventures and experiences with her like no other. Just know that when the time comes, it'll be clear as day

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 2

* my relationships have been kind of... weird.

* a lot of really non-serious ones that were online, so they were never important or real. one real life boyfriend who i dated in school and was with for 3 or 4 years and my last one who i did meet online, but we visited each other in each others countries and managed to stay together for 2 years but that didn't work out and uh yeah.

* i don't really have any interest in relationships anymore. they're too much hassle and i just don't want all of that anymore.

Are you in one? 

Yep. Been in a serious relationship for about a year and a half. Don't see it falling apart any time soon.

Do you want one? 
Most definitely this one. Before now, I never really saw that much value in having a relationship, but now that I'm in one I want to keep it until I die.

I feel fine around other couples. I've actually had a couple moments when I've been all "daww..." around them. Makes me look a little creepy, but what can I say, I should probably own a UPS truck by now.

How many have you had?

I've only had one relationship that has lasted more than a couple months, which is my current one, so that is the only serious one I've actually had. But in total, around 5 relationships, 3 of which were short lived and 4 of which I was not very invested in.

Edited by KasaiPony

Are you in one?

Eeyup. I've been in one for seven years at this point, and I couldn't be happier :lol:

Do you want one?

I would very much like to keep this one for eternity, yes.

Right now kind of jealous, since my girlfriend is abroad for her studies so I'm not with her at the moment. I just got back from visiting her yesterday, actually. Normally, I just feel happy for them.

How many have you had?

It really depends on what you'd count as an actual relationship. My first one lasted five days, due to me clamming up and losing the ability to speak even one word around her which understandably drove her away from me, and then I failed several times at reconciling, so that friendship was lost.

Then, I had a relationship with someone who'd apparently liked me for quite some time, despite me not knowing her at all (warning sign number one...). It lasted for about five months, with me becoming increasingly aware she and I did not work at all as a couple and never would. I'm questioning whether I ever actually felt something for her or if it was just some kind of desperation.

Thirdly, I was in a sort-of relationship with a girl from my fencing club for five weeks, of which she was on vacation for three. She broke up once she got back, but from the start I'd questioned how long that particular one would last anyway. At least we're still on friendly terms. (Not that I've spoken to her in years, but the rare moments I do run into her are friendly)

Then we come to the fourth and final one, my current girlfriend whom I also know from fencing. We'd been close friends for more than a year when we got together. During that year, I had a relationship with the other girl I just mentioned, while she liked a guy from her school. When all of that failed, we sort of got together by a natural evolution of our friendship. To this day I call her my closest friend as well as my girlfriend. I guess the lesson here is that a relationship takes time to build, but that's of course different for everyone. All I know is that I wouldn't change this for the world.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in a few relationships with both guys and girls. They've mostly been decent experiences and I used to be quite hooked on finding 'that special someone'. Recently I guess my entire attitude towards things has shifted towards not caring one way or another. Im fine with being single and Im fine with being with someone, I'll just take things as they come.

Personally, I don't care for romance and love. I enjoy being on my own for the most part. The idea of being in a relationship doesn't appeal to me. Especially since I'm scared of becoming attached to a person only to end up losing them one way or another. But if other people like dating, I'm cool with it.

Are you in one? Yes

Do you want one? I have one

How do you feel around other couples? As long as they aren't overboard on the PDA, I'm fine. Also, being in a relationship doesn't give anyone an excuse to be a jerk.  

How many have you had? 4 including my current one. Unless you count that one guy who I only dated for a day and didn't really date. Then 5. (4 ladies, 1 man)

How do I feel about relationships? As long as they aren't overboard and both people are happy, then it's fine. I hate abusive people and cheaters. When you're in a relationship, it's not about control, unless both people are OK with that. (some people are.) But that doesn't mean abuse is OK. As for cheating, if you don't love the person you're with enough to be faithful, why are you with them in the first place? That's just my thoughts. 

Are you in one? :

Not at the time.

Do you want one?

Not really.

Uncomfortable/disturbed....especially if it is a straight couple. ._.'

How many have you had?

4 in real life and 2 online

Are you in one? 

No, I am single.

Do you want one?

At the moment not really. But when it happen, then I am not against it. XD

I don't have a problem with that. 

How many have you had?

I had 2 relationships, but both was really short.

Edited by IronM17

I'm no longer in a relationship. We just drifted apart until breaking up last year around my 23rd birthday. It absolutely breaks my heart though. I could sit here and say how bad love is but I don't think I will. I spent so much time feeling downtrodden and brokenhearted in my life, because love hurt me so much. I can't stand to think of how I reacted though. Love is hard work, and a lasting relationship is so hard to do. People will talk like love is easy, but its like anything else worth having. Hard work. If you really love someone, then you are willing to do that hard work though. If not you aren't and it is really that simple. So Live hurts, I've been there, other couples don't bother me if they have been together for awhile and the mushy trash is washed away, and yes. I want to find a special person who I can work towards love with.

• Brohoof 1

Are you in one?

No

Do you want one?

At some point, sure.  I just don't feel like I'm ready for one right now.

I don't really care, good for them, I guess?

How many have you had?

3 online.  0 offline

Relationships....can definitely get one's hopes up. They're not for everyone even though you both wish to fight for it to last as long as possible, sometimes it just doesn't work out. When you can learn to finally accept that, your life will get so much better and open to change.

Honestly as far as relationships for me go, never been in one, am completely open to be in one though. Having a crush on someone is honestly one of the strangest and most conflicting feelings one can experience, and even though you know it won't go anywhere it's still a fun ride for sure :P So yeah, relationships haven't been favorable to me yet, but who knows what the future brings? All I know is that I hope to one day find the love of my life and finally gain complete and total happiness without this empty space.

I'm no longer in a relationship. We just drifted apart until breaking up last year around my 23rd birthday. It absolutely breaks my heart though. I could sit here and say how bad love is but I don't think I will. I spent so much time feeling downtrodden and brokenhearted in my life, because love hurt me so much. I can't stand to think of how I reacted though. Love is hard work, and a lasting relationship is so hard to do. People will talk like love is easy, but its like anything else worth having. Hard work. If you really love someone, then you are willing to do that hard work though. If not you aren't and it is really that simple. So Live hurts, I've been there, other couples don't bother me if they have been together for awhile and the mushy trash is washed away, and yes. I want to find a special person who I can work towards love with.

OMG yes. People don't seem to get how difficult maintaining love is. In my last relationship, I fought what I knew to be a losing battle for months trying to hang on to my love, but in the end, she didn't care and ditched me... right before her 23rd birthday. It's been a very long time, but I still haven't found anyone else I'm willing to fight for like that.

• Brohoof 1

Relationships are bullshit pretty much. It's a waste of time, money and energy for a false happiness that can be broken in an instant for pretty much any reason.

Yes but it can be real happiness too. And that's worth all the time, money and energy in the world. 

OMG yes. People don't seem to get how difficult maintaining love is. In my last relationship, I fought what I knew to be a losing battle for months trying to hang on to my love, but in the end, she didn't care and ditched me... right before her 23rd birthday. It's been a very long time, but I still haven't found anyone else I'm willing to fight for like that.

Just gotta keep moving forward and Im sure we will find q person worth all the work. Still though sucks things didn't work out for you.

I'm afraid I don't have anyone I'm involved with, although I'd at least like a chance at a relationship.

Most couples I see around here are pretty happy with what they've got, even if their lives aren't exactly perfect. I hope everyone could be that way, even though I know it's too naive to think everyone can get that chance,

And no, I've never been in a relationship before. Still doesn't mean I won't get a shot at one someday!

Are you in one?

No.

Do you want one?

Not really. I prefer to be around very close friends. I end up feeling a very strong emotional bond.

Don't really mind.

How many have you had?

More than two. I usually have relationships online with close friends but I don't take interest that way anymore.