Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel about romantic relationships?

FatalRain

I'm currently not in a relationship, but wouldn't really mind being in one.

So far, I've been in 3 relationships. My first one was for a couple months, and was really terrible. She was extremely sensitive about any physical contact. (Including hugs) My second one was for close to half a year and it was great! We broke up because we both felt as if I wasn't trying as hard as I should have. He was really awesome and I kind of regret not putting the effort I should have into it. My third relationship was for 2 weeks and was also not as great. He was too interested in himself and having sex and the such.

I think relationships are fine. The people who break up like every week, I like to think they just haven't found the right type of person yet and are just experimenting. The people who stay together forever are also pretty good, but it's such a big commitment. I'm really a big fan of seeing people who are lgbt kissing in the hallways and stuff, (not in a creepy way) because I'm a bit tired of having straight relationships from TV and such thrust down my throat. (I don't mean any offense to anyone who may be in a straight relationship)

• Brohoof 1

I think it's time I be perfectly honest, not only with everyone else, but with myself...How do I feel about love and relationships?

You know how many songs compare love to being a drug? They're right. Love is a drug, and like a drug it has positives and negatives. When you're in love you feel like you're invincible and that you can do anything. When you've been abused your whole life and been told everything ranging from "You're too fat and ugly for any woman to like you" to "You're a pathetic loser who will die alone and unloved" having a woman say "I love you" to you and actually mean it is like a shot of the most powerful drug in the world to the heart and brain...But once you lose it...You wonder how you can live without it. And you feel like you'll do anything to get it back, you may even beg the gods to give it back to you. It's an addiction that you can't ever kick.

Yeah, I'm cold and bitter...But that's only because I don't wanna accept the fact I'm single again and probably will be for the rest of my life.

Are you in one?

-No, not currently at the moment.

Do you want one?

-Yes

How do you feel around other couples?

-Eh, OK for the most part, as long as they aren't going overboard with their affection.

How many have you had?

-2, I think.

My problem is I'm really, really picky when it comes to the kinds of women I'd date. There's a certain criteria that I at least try to look for. My ideal date would be Caucasian (I'm not racist, just only attracted to white chicks), around 5' to 6' tall, close in age (18-22), but I'm not too picky about body type or much else physically. She's gotta be nerdy (like me), have a killer sense of humor and know how to have fun. However, ideally, she has to be someone who's compassionate, down to earth, easygoing, believes in traditional old school values like I do, definitely not afraid to be herself and who she truly is, and (most importantly) loves me as much as I love her and puts the same level of effort and commitment in as I do.

...I'm starting to think I need to be a little less picky.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am engaged to my best friend! <3 His account is frenchie1995. We have been together for 4 years and started dating out senior year of high school. We are getting married after I graduate college this year and most importantly, we are both brony's! It's just important to find someone who supports you and won't make you change who you are!

• Brohoof 2

My opinion on relationships:

Young relationships happen as quick as they end. Older relationships are strong and wise, more experienced; thus happier. This goes for dating and friendship.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

If you're with the right person, it can be a wonderful experience. Still, being single has its own perks.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

Am I in one? Yes, and got married last September. If I wasn't, I'd want to be. I don't mind being around other couples but I don't like to flaunt being a part of a couple myself. Some recent experiences have led me to believe there's no faster way to lose friends than to get married, so I tend to keep it on the down-low in general. I have not been in any relationships in the past, at least nothing serious, so I'm happy the one I ended up with has gone the distance. I'm not about drama and prefer a matter-of-fact approach to the whole thing. I do think being involved in a meaningful way is the most natural thing in the human condition and shouldn't be as difficult as it has become in this world.

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I see relationships like something curious that will likely never happen to me. I don't know if I would be a good partner, neither if both of us could find happiness together. This kind of thing is still in the dream realm for me. Don't really know if this special person exists.

I wish that everyone in a current relationship find true happiness and share super cool moments together. Enjoying each other activities, accepting their flaws, supporting them when difficulties come... Well, I wish you the best of it. :muffins:

I hope to start dating soon and finding a girlfriend. I've always had the goal of getting married eventually, but recently I've been feeling more like I want to start actually working towards being in a relationship. I'm still not completely sure how ready I am for that though.

I'm currently single and completely fine with being so. It gets lonely yeah but working on myself and being financially stable enough to go do things is a thing I want to get settled as well. I sorta want a relationship right now, but at the same time I know I shouldn't have one purely for the sake that I don't want to burden a significant other with some of my problems. As for feeling around couples, its just my normal self. I mean I get sorta jealous but thats very rare as of now. And I've had 3 different relationships. One didn't go so well and ended with me losing an entire friend group, one ended civilly and we're still friends-ish, and the last one was just a off and on fling thing I think.

The needs to be with someone or to be loved is overrated to me. Relationships just comes when the time is ready. 

Sigh... For some reason, every relationship I've been just broke me down, even when I tried to forgive the other person. Right now, I recently "broke" up with this Romanian girl (Who didn't even tell me we were dating in the first place) and I'm just torn.:(

• 3 months later...

I'll just say this: Based on my experience, being in a relationship has its pros and cons...relationships can be wonderful but at the same time can be very difficult. Honestly I've always been better at the friendship type of relationships rather than romantic ones....

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I've been in one that didn't end up working out, for a number of reasons. I'd like to be in one, but I doubt there's a girl out there who's right for me. I always feel happy seeing other people in relationships, even if I'll probably never get to be in another. I don't know why, but seeing mushy couples just makes me smile.

Honestly just don't care about being in one. All the ones I've been in just failed so why bother trying again if it's going to hurt me.

Well, I don't know exactly how to feel about them. My current relationship may be absolutely wonderful, but I've had my fair share of pointless relationships that were downright uncomfortable for me. I would say that they have their pros and cons and good relationships present more of the former while bad ones present more of the latter.

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I'll just say this: Based on my experience, being in a relationship has its pros and cons...relationships can be wonderful but at the same time can be very difficult. Honestly I've always been better at the friendship type of relationships rather than romantic ones....

You're pretty good at the romantic ones I'd say. You've kept me tame and well behaved this long.

• 8 months later...

.... it's one of those things that's not fair in life to many, no guarantees despite all the songs that "there's a time for everyone". Nice to have if it's not a toxic one. 

Preferred if I was asexual to be honest. Just... would rather not give a fuck about it. It's only brought more trouble than good... not just the part about longing for someone. If someone out there supposedly would be my match in that situation, too bad. Should've come sooner or known me better in that situation, but for now, too bad.

Edited by WWolf

I've had two relationships in the time I've been around, though neither of them worked out fortunately. First girlfriend were the most boring person I've ever had the dread of meeting. Zero personality. Second was.. a TOTAL control freak. Jealous as fuck, too. Hell, wouldn't even let me talk to my SISTER.

When it comes to romantic relationships themselves I don't mind them. Wouldn't mind such a relationship, but it's not a requirement for me to be happy. I am perfectly happy without one as well.

Though.. Not sure if I want to invite a girl into my life just yet if I even find someone.

Edited by Yakamaru