Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever felt you have failed in life?

Magic Twinkle

I kinda feel this way all the time

Sometimes I wonder why I was even born ^^'

But deep down, I have faith that I'm here for a reason, I just haven't found that reason yet

that's also why my ponysona is a blank flank haha

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@RandomnessInside

Vinyl, it's wrong to say that you failed in your life. I was the same, and that's why I ended up in hospital after suicide failure.

You're still young. We both are. There so much to life that can happen, that can change it into something great. Just because nothing got accomplished at the moment doesn't mean that nothing will happen later. So you should keep believing !

After my suicide, I passed High School exams well, and started studying. Year later, I found a charming and beautiful girl I love.

Miracles, someone from internet saved my life. They happen.

Oh, and about job ? I was never working as well, because of my studies. This isn't a factor of life success at all.

Give it time. I say that life will surely get better for you. :)

I felt like I could have done a little better in school and made my G.P.A and IQ look a little better honestly. I am pretty smart (Not to brag). I just did not use it well in school because I was always tired and really lazy. I know a lot of people who had GREAT grades and got all these Scholarships to Colleges and won all these awards for being straight "A" students. I was always down in the Fs to maybe low Bs. I rarely got good Bs. I just feel like I should have tried harder and I could easily get into College. I am going to College this fall, but we are facing some problems. I don't have much money or ANY Scholarships of any sort. I know there are still ways to get Scholarships, but I just need to look harder.

I also feel like I could have been a better friend to some of my ex friends. I do admit, I was not the best person to be friends with, for I was a loner for the longest time, and did not know how to be a "good" friend. I am better now, but I lost some good friends because of stupidity, that is way too late to fix now.

Thats pretty much all I can think of. I am also just a fairly lazy person...and I feel like I need to fix that. 

(edited)

I don't ever FEEL like a failure, because I AM a failure. My options in life are pretty limited and even then none of the options I have are particularly enjoyable or worth having. I cannot accomplish any dream I could possibly have and I live a lower middle class existence, stuck in self hatred and depression. I don't deserve the friends and family that I have and I don't deserve any of the material goods either.

The only reason I continue on is because I fear death. Personally I think the world would be better off without me burdening it but whatever.

Not exactly too positive really, but it is how I feel sadly.

Edited by Kyoshi

I know that I went through a hard time dealing with the things that kept coming and knocking me down, I have gone through a lot of hard times and I have often felt like there is no real point in continuing since all I will do is continue to fail, but as I have gotten older I have realized that failing is a part of life, its a part of growing up just as much as falling and skinning your knee is, Nothing in life is easy, and I would be lying if I told everyone that life was this beautiful easy wonderful thing, it isn't; It is hard it hurts and sometimes you just want to scream, so yes I have felt like I have failed but I have also felt like I have won, Every single day that I get through is a win in my books.

Every single day of my life. :squee:

Everyday, I'm plagued with thoughts of my past mistakes, how I haven't accomplished anything in life, and how I've disappointed my love ones so many times. My GPA sucks, even though my teachers tell me I'm brilliant. I won't go to a good college, like my family always dreamed I would go. I don't have any special skills or talents. I'm pretty much a burden to all who know me, wooo.

Well, I am a failure. What Kyoshi says rings true for me. I might have killed myself a long time ago, if I wasn't scared of death and how painful killing yourself would be.

• Brohoof 1

Here's the thing: You haven't failed just because things didn't turn out exactly the way you thought they would. Sometimes the thing you think you want doesn't turn out to be what you need.

I know a lot of you are hearing about how you have to decide which college courses to take-and how you should be able to direct the course of your life by the time you're done with high school-but the fact is most of you won't end up doing what you thought you would. This doesn't make you a failure.

As long as you can provide for your family and look in the mirror, knowing that you did your best and didn't hurt anyone else, you've succeeded.

I wanted to be a vet. I went to college and got a degree in Agriculture as a first step toward getting into vet college. I currently work security, and do commercial and residential painting and wallpapering. Do I then judge myself to have failed, because I'm not a vet? I think not.

You only fail when you give up. Happiness is always a journey-never a destination.

• Brohoof 1

I am pretty sure I've failed, even by a forgiving standard. It's not because I'm incapable, or too depressed to. I'm actually pretty happy and everything I do finish turns out great. Problem is, I almost never finish anything because I never care to bother. I can't keep enough interest in anything for any length of time to turn effort into success. Even when I do succeed, I frequently walk away from the result.

Ain't no fixing that. But I stress I am -largely- not bothered by it like I used to be.

I am still young, so it is really to early to say at the moment, I am 20, have very few skills, and still live at home, which doesn't exactly make me feel the best about myself, however I do have dreams, and hope to one day own my own gun shop in town one day, unfortunately I am getting a bit of a reality check about the economy and how hard things really are, you have people that can't find jobs, people that have become homeless because they got laid off, so with that said my chances of hitting gold are very slim...

Maybe you failed in your life, but that doesn't mean you will fail in the future. I don't give up, I use everything I can, even if I'm the only thing I have left to control. But why? Why do it? Because the alternative is grief and melancholy. If I stand still I might as well be dead with them, but I'm alive and still standing, moving on my own two feet. I'm going to die someday and I'd rather do it without regrets. I'm not going to pretend I'm doing anything noble. It's just a game. I'm fighting against life and I'm waiting to see who wins.
However far I fall, as long as there is so much of a thread left to me, I'll use it to climb, I'll take hold of it, and
refuse to give up. I am still human, I can do that much. But every person on his own must decide whether to grab it.

Yes, I have failed in my life, I lost the people I loved, now I have absolutely no one. Zip. Nada. I have lived almost my entire life without love, and I'm still standing. Nothing I say ever comes out right, I always mess things up because I think faster than I talk. I can't love without a fight. Everyone I learn to love always has someone there, wanting them all to themselves, pushing me as far away as possible. I cannot find inspiration, I have no drive. I try everything I can to avoid being alone. The only reason I have to do these things is that I'm alive and I don't want to spend my life in pain.

Sure, if you're one of the lucky ones to have a good life. :)

Life isn't a cake walk. There are people hiding things, everyone has been in serious pain at some point. I know that for certain.

School's really tough for me. I really feels degrading hanging out with kids who don't have to worry about school as much as I do because they have a easier time getting stuff done. That makes me feel pretty useless and failure at life. I can get stuff done, get my life over with already with my driver's licence and such, but I can't. I slow like that. Does all this particularly mean that I fail at general adult things handed to me? According to society, yes it does.

But I'm not really the norm for society, anyways.

I've been feeling like a failure for a pretty long time now.

Having not been able to go to college and working shitty jobs in the past makes you feel like you haven't made the right choices for yourself to avoid such conditions. Now I'm working for a place that doesn't even give enough working days (only worked 3 weeks so far this year and still looking for a job since last year) and it's nowhere near livable. Looking at my age now and still living with my parents, it gives me more reason to be depressed about my life while looking/envying other people's.

Sometimes, I question my own existence.

To be honest with you guys, I think your problems aren't defined as "failing at life". We all have problems , but it happens. They will someday go away.

In my opinion, I failed only once at life. I tried to suicide. That is true failing at life. Happily, I was given second chance.

Give it time, guys and gals ! It will get better ~

• 4 years later...

I have already failed in life. My existence is meaningless because I seem to be not helpful to anyone, and all of my dreams that I hope to reach one day will never happen. I don't want to burden anyone with my problems because it makes me feel bad, and I don't think my life would get better at this point in my life. Every day of my life is filled with tearful and deprived thoughts. I am always lonely, afraid and vulnerable. And with FiM ending, I have nothing to live for.

On 3/20/2014 at 7:12 AM, Nerdy Luigi said:

I feel like I'm bound to fail in life later. I'm still in high school, and life hasn't been the best. I have been put through a lot emotionally, and I can't believe I'm still alive. I feel like I'm going to fail in life though because I have no real talents, except some minor ones that are hardly worth mentioning. I'm weak, clumsy, and not actually that intelligent.

Wow what a prediction I made here. I AM failing in life!

I have nothing to show for myself, no money, and am living in the not homeless equivalent of poverty. I also have had limited success in the area of dating, and I have undiagnosed emotional problems as well as developmental setbacks.

All I have is a dinky little idea that has little chance of becoming a reality because I don't have the resources necessary to make it so...

It's easy to feel like you've failed in life, especially when you're young and don't see the progress you want. But the fact is, nobody knows what they might do at any given moment that could make a huge difference to somebody else. For all you know it may have already happened and you'll never even know it. Some of the things that made the biggest differences to me are things other people were completely unaware they ever did at all. Some of these things changed the course of my entire life for the better, and now I'm hoping to pay it forward, whether I'm aware it's happening or not. One little thing may snowball into many good things. Don't worry about it, because you may never know if you failed or succeeded by your own reckoning. All you can do is make your best effort and hope for the best, but don't overthink it. It's not as hopeless as we often think.  

I often get hit with doubts that one day I will end up feeling this way, even though every fear I've had about failing has never ultimately been justified. There are times where I trip up, sure. We all have those times. But I do my best to pick myself up and carry on toward the future, because as I've learned from coutless experience, you never know just what's waiting for you around the corner.

I can hardly fail in life when there's still so much more I've yet to do.