Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Chrysalis could be reformed...Who can do it? Can it be done?

TheMarkz0ne

26 users have voted

1. 1. Who can possibly redeem her?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Apple Jack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Spike
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Cadence
    • She can't be redeemed. She's beyond help!

I am actually against this happening. But for the sake of argument let us hypothetically create this scenario. Do you believe Chrysalis can actually be saved? Can she know the magic of friendship? Would the Mane 6 or any other character do anything to kill Chrysalis's parasitic and hatred for the display of love? Do you think in order for it to work, Chrysalis has to have a tragic back story?

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Given that it's explicitly shown in the show that Chrysi and her species have to feed on the positive emotions of others in a parasitic manner they either have to somehow get rid of that particular aspect of their species or work as a species to positively cultivate the feelings of the ponies. I imagine that an effort to get the changelings to redeem themselves would mandate significant resources. So it would be one of the Princesses, including Twilight, as the spearheader of the effort.

I voted Princess Cadance. Assuming that the feeding process for the Changelings causes harm to the victim (because that is the only reason I can't imagine why Chrysalis wouldn't peacefully approach the ponies, other than she being a complete idiot), maybe Cadance could work out a spell that lets changelings feed of love without harming the subject along with teaching Chrysalis to love and receive, rather than hate and take.

Perhabs when she was a baby they could done something , but its too late now. Its the same as how your cab raise a lion cup to be good yet an adult Lion cannot be changed no matter what

Given that it's explicitly shown in the show that Chrysi and her species have to feed on the positive emotions of others in a parasitic manner they either have to somehow get rid of that particular aspect of their species or work as a species to positively cultivate the feelings of the ponies. I imagine that an effort to get the changelings to redeem themselves would mandate significant resources. So it would be one of the Princesses, including Twilight, as the spearheader of the effort.

I voted Princess Cadance. Assuming that the feeding process for the Changelings causes harm to the victim (because that is the only reason I can't imagine why Chrysalis wouldn't peacefully approach the ponies, other than she being a complete idiot), maybe Cadance could work out a spell that lets changelings feed of love without harming the subject along with teaching Chrysalis to love and receive, rather than hate and take.

Guess what? It likes in the comics we might see a good Chrysalis!

• Brohoof 1

Well Twilight played God attempting to change the vampire fruit bats nature.

My guess is Twilights magic would be the best course of action. It would be sick and unethical forcing a creature to a abandon what it is, but Twilight is above such petty concepts as morality.

huh there is no option to vote for "deus ex machina", as they are an entire species that feeds on positive emotions, and lives off it. You would have to change the entire species from the ground up. It would be akin to trying to change a type of plant to live off somthing other than photosynthesis, in doing so you would have to re-enginer the entire organism.

huh there is no option to vote for "deus ex machina", as they are an entire species that feeds on positive emotions, and lives off it. You would have to change the entire species from the ground up. It would be akin to trying to change a type of plant to live off somthing other than photosynthesis, in doing so you would have to re-enginer the entire organism.

I've said this once and I'll say it again. In the comics it's gonna happen! Chrysalis and Sombra are the good guys and the Mane six will be evil. Granted, it'll be a parallel universe, but it will be interesting to see how they play it!

I've said this once and I'll say it again. In the comics it's gonna happen! Chrysalis and Sombra are the good guys and the Mane six will be evil. Granted, it'll be a parallel universe, but it will be interesting to see how they play it!

That isn't so much a reform as it is "in this universe plants run off the blood of virgins!".

I like to imagine that the great irony is that she is actually better Equestria than the current rulers. Like she is still personally an evil jerk, just one who is really good at running a kingdom.

Say if the Mane Six and Celestia travel to the Alternate Universe where Chrysalis won, in an attempt to defeat her and free Equestria from her tyranny. Instead they find she is a hooves off leader with a network of competent middlemen(drones).

The changelings use advantages of a hive structure to fix Equestria's problems. They introduce a more democratic beehive approach ot decision making, eliminate threats within Equestria's borders like wiping out the diamond dog slavers or paving over the Everfree, they remove the inept members of the Nobility who inherited or bought their positions and replace them with experts, help level off wealth inequality between elites and normal ponies and defeat organized crime with a network of undercover changeling police.

Sure their are changelings everywhere but it turns out being feed on isn't that bad at all and they aren't really mean. Everything runs smoother than before for the average pony. The shock on their face would be just awesome.

Edited by ALIS

Have you never seen Fluffle Puff Tales!?!?!?

attachicon.gifimagesCAG9126B.jpg

Damn it someone beat me to it.

As much as I would love this.

*daws till it hurts*.

.....I forgot what was i gonna say?

Oh yeah in the comic i think the writing staff they had the changelings whipe out a small fluffy race,

as what i felt was a subtle middle finger to mixer miker.

Again that's not that big of a deal, as the comic has been disregarded in the past by the show,

so technically the comic isn't worth the paper it's written on

canon wise.

I'd personally sqeel in delight seeing a fluffle pony redeemed queen swish cheese legs.

and yes I would gloat at everyone who hated it.  I  would rule that day.

Chrysallis would have be "cured" of her need to feed on love before any reforming could be done with her, however this could range from anywhere between a magic spell to completely destroying her and remaking her. :P

I wonder if Celestia's "use for Discord's magic" is to use it on Chyrsallis?

Damn it someone beat me to it.

As much as I would love this.

*daws till it hurts*.

.....I forgot what was i gonna say?

Oh yeah in the comic i think the writing staff they had the changelings whipe out a small fluffy race,

as what i felt was a subtle middle finger to mixer miker.

Again that's not that big of a deal, as the comic has been disregarded in the past by the show,

so technically the comic isn't worth the paper it's written on

canon wise.

I'd personally sqeel in delight seeing a fluffle pony redeemed queen swish cheese legs.

and yes I would gloat at everyone who hated it.  I  would rule that day.

Not true! The creators of the comics have said that they are both part of the same canon!

You guys are kidding me, right?

Chrysalis is one villain that should not be redeemed or blasted with some fancy-pancy orbital friendship cannon. She and her Changelings only exist to suck Equestria dry of any and all love that exists, which it does in spades, for one reason and one reason only. 

Power. Nothing but power. Chrysalis doesn't need love, and nor does her Changelings. That want love to get more power, and they intend to use that extra power to conquer Equestria and turn it all into their hive.

It baffles me as to how there is a small number of bronies existent here who thinks Chrysalis can be redeemed. She can't be redeemed. And nor should she be redeemed either. I know it goes against the moral of the show, but for once there should be a lesson taught that some people are just too far gone to be saved, and in my book, Chrysalis went way too far. She captured a princess and imprisoned her where nopony would think to look, she sabotaged a wedding, her army wreaked destruction upon Canterlot and its inhabitants, and for Luna's sake, she even attacked Princess Celestia!

Chrysalis should not be redeemed, that is my final say on the matter. In fact, I'm going to have to open a thread now, because this is just ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

You guys are kidding me, right?

Chrysalis is one villain that should not be redeemed or blasted with some fancy-pancy orbital friendship cannon. She and her Changelings only exist to suck Equestria dry of any and all love that exists, which it does in spades, for one reason and one reason only. 

Power. Nothing but power. Chrysalis doesn't need love, and nor does her Changelings. That want love to get more power, and they intend to use that extra power to conquer Equestria and turn it all into their hive.

It baffles me as to how there is a small number of bronies existent here who thinks Chrysalis can be redeemed. She can't be redeemed. And nor should she be redeemed either. I know it goes against the moral of the show, but for once there should be a lesson taught that some people are just too far gone to be saved, and in my book, Chrysalis went way too far. She captured a princess and imprisoned her where nopony would think to look, she sabotaged a wedding, her army wreaked destruction upon Canterlot and its inhabitants, and for Luna's sake, she even attacked Princess Celestia!

Chrysalis should not be redeemed, that is my final say on the matter. In fact, I'm going to have to open a thread now, because this is just ridiculous.

I've said this twice now. In the comic arc reflections we ARE going to see a good chrysalis!

The only way Chyrssi will do anything good is if there is some evil out there thats considerably worse than her or specifically preys on changlings. Chyrssi might not give a shit about here minions individually but something that starts taking her drones out enmass is might force here to start looking for unlikely allies.

Edited by Malinter

Twilight -freaking- Sparkle.

She is the "Princess of Magic", you know.

I'm sure she could do it. ^^

But if Chrysalis were to be reformed, something tells me she'd totally have a "Fluffle Puff" feel to her. ^^"

@,What mistake you made when posting in this thread is not that you considered it bad in your opinion. It's that you said why she can't in a thread that assumes she can be redeemed. 

Why isn't there a "Princess Luna" or "Discord" Choice?

• Brohoof 1