Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Chrysalis could be reformed...Who can do it? Can it be done?

TheMarkz0ne

26 users have voted

1. 1. Who can possibly redeem her?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Apple Jack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Spike
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Cadence
    • She can't be redeemed. She's beyond help!

You guys are kidding me, right?

Chrysalis is one villain that should not be redeemed or blasted with some fancy-pancy orbital friendship cannon. She and her Changelings only exist to suck Equestria dry of any and all love that exists, which it does in spades, for one reason and one reason only. 

Power. Nothing but power. Chrysalis doesn't need love, and nor does her Changelings. That want love to get more power, and they intend to use that extra power to conquer Equestria and turn it all into their hive.

It baffles me as to how there is a small number of bronies existent here who thinks Chrysalis can be redeemed. She can't be redeemed. And nor should she be redeemed either. I know it goes against the moral of the show, but for once there should be a lesson taught that some people are just too far gone to be saved, and in my book, Chrysalis went way too far. She captured a princess and imprisoned her where nopony would think to look, she sabotaged a wedding, her army wreaked destruction upon Canterlot and its inhabitants, and for Luna's sake, she even attacked Princess Celestia!

Chrysalis should not be redeemed, that is my final say on the matter. In fact, I'm going to have to open a thread now, because this is just ridiculous.

I agree. Looking at what she did in the comics, I don't think there's any hope of redeeming her. Her changelings suck ponies dry, and leave them in pods. People try to make it sound like it's just a quick needle prick, but it's not. Just by watching This Day aria, you can see just how evil she is. She knocked out her ruler (knowing there was the possibility of killing her), imprisoned Twi, turned Twi's friends and mentor against her, and planned on keeping Shining Armor as a love slave and puppet ruler. She is the exact opposite of Twi/Celestia/etc.

Although, they do have access to Discord's magic, so maybe there is some hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: What would be funny though is if Derpy offered her a muffin. She could be moved by that act of generosity, and that would inspire her to slowly become more and more good. Not realistic but would still be funny, and Derpy would get more screentime :D

Edited by Ryudo
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
On 23/03/2014 at 4:22 PM, Adachi said:

Although, they do have access to Discord's magic, so maybe there is some hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure putting her and Discord in proximity would be a friendship-promoting move.

Discord is very fond of Fluttershy. Obsessively fond of Fluttershy. I suspect that the only reason Discord hasn't already hunted down Chrysalis and nailed her entrails to a number of widely separated trees is the chance that Fluttershy might give him one of her disapproving looks over it.

On 2014-3-20 at 7:23 PM, TheMarkz0ne said:

I am actually against this happening. But for the sake of argument let us hypothetically create this scenario. Do you believe Chrysalis can actually be saved? Can she know the magic of friendship? Would the Mane 6 or any other character do anything to kill Chrysalis's parasitic and hatred for the display of love? Do you think in order for it to work, Chrysalis has to have a tragic back story?

My head cannon is that Chrysalis is actually Princess Amore - The previous ruler before Sombra. Sombra turned Amore into evil crystals that he loves, after she escapes and being somewhat corrupted by his evil crystals, and after she sees her subjects enslaved she snapped and turns into Chrysalis. She then blaims Luna and Celestia for not helping her against Sombra and goes to plot there downfall.

Then Candace the new ruler of Sombra former empire makes her good after a long series etc etc.

she shouldnt be reformed, but as a push to answer, I think Cadence should be the one to do it, as a form of redemption. But after seeing the Royal couple's reaction to Thorax, I would wonder how the plot would even start. 

I have voted for Cadence, because it would be amazing to see Cadence do something in the show, but I think she can't be reformed. It is impossible.

I'm pretty sure not all villains can be redeemed and Chrysalis is no exception. That'd be like trying to make the criminals work for the greater good (which pretty much ends horribly).

• Brohoof 1