Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Self Harming...

Commander Bubbles

I assume you see the scar

a62522d3ce33568af7f0a66e83a5be31.png

yeah there's more on my leg but they're lighter and don't show up on webcam as much. i used to cut in that place over and over. Idk if it was depression though. I just liked doing it. Anyways, I stopped. Doesn't do any good, neither does drinking. It just puts your problems off for a later time. You have to fix them yourself and be strong.

No, I'm sorry, I'm one of those euphoric kids who just cry or think off anything that's seriously psychologically harming, and all's good the next day. 

But I do tend to get a lot of friends who are clinically depressed, and that's something I'm used too. I tend to get shrugged off when I try to help them in the littlest bit, but you know, if any of you people are depressed and ever need to talk, please! You can talk to me! 

• Brohoof 3

Self harm the 'pansy emo' type or the 'dumbass having fun' kind? cause i've done the second one many times before..

totally wiped out on my jet ski a few times xD

• Brohoof 1

Attempted to once, but got scared and ended up only leaving a few temporary scars on my wrist; the skin didn't actually break. I'm glad I didn't, as I'm not a big fan of pain, and for the week or so that I had those scars I honestly felt like a monster.

Edited by Orangejack

I have a history of self-injury and I've used different methods for different results. I have learned to remain clean, however, after a stay in the psychiatric unit.

Never even considered it. To me, it seems like it would only aggravate the underlying problem. Not to mention infection risk. That's not fun.

In all seriousness, if this is actually something you've done, or even considered, get help now.  It doesn't do anything to help the underlying problem. I'm no expert in psychiatrics, but this could indicate that whatever's going on is much more severe than you think. It'd be best to seek out help now before it gets even more out of control.

• Brohoof 1

It isn't worth it. We just want a remedy, an outlet for that inner pain, a broken heart, home, or friendship. Loneliness , depression and apathy consuming us, leaving us empty inside. I don't know what to tell you, other than that some guy once told me that "the world will always lie to us and tell us that there is always hope, but hope is only there for those who want it."

You gotta buck up and want to make a better future before you have hope for making it.

at least that's what I thought he meant.

I do, but I have always explained to anyone who finds out that it is not an attempt to kill myself or a cry for attention (in fact, few people in real life have ever found out). For me, it is a way to relieve stress. I enjoy it. Much like how ancient physicians believed that draining blood relieved illness, I have always derived a great deal of stress relief from inflicting a manageable and non-life-threatening amount of pain on myself. I suppose that sounds odd, but hey, it works for me. 

I haven't. I don't plan on it either.

I don't understand how it could relief stress - it seems like it'd just be another problem you'll have to deal with for a week, not something to solve other problems.

• Brohoof 1

I've had a history of punching myself when upset and didn't even realize it was considered self-harm until a few months ago. I haven't done it since November, I didn't consciously decide to stop either, I just kind of stopped on my own. I don't really understand it.

There was also a moment I was having a panic attack and ended up cutting myself with glass. The thing is, I wasn't exactly conscious when doing it? I was in a very, very bad position and was panicking often, so I had been researching stuff. I read that going outdoors could help. So I was running to the door, when I knocked over a mug. I ended up grabbing the broken handle and scraping it against my arm. So, I didn't just pick up glass and cut myself, I was literally in a panic and wasn't thinking.

From this experience, I have gathered that physical pain can distract you from emotional pain but only for a short while and it isn't worth it in the end. You become addicted and then have ugly scars you feel self-conscious about and hate yourself even more. So, self harming causes you more pain in the end and I recommend you try to get that under control and talk to somebody who cares and understands you.

Self harm the 'pansy emo' type or the 'dumbass having fun' kind? 

You do realize that most self harmers are in pain and are not "having fun" or "being emo", right?

Edited by Sapphire-Ashes

I used to do it every day in numerous ways. But I don't do it anymore these days, the scars are ugly and the feeling isn't that good anyway. Plus, it doesn't solve anything, no matter how difficult a problem is, I'd rather try to fix it with my own two hands, than use them to hurt myself and make the problem even bigger.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 2