263 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

OH MY GOSH! I would kill for that!

Me to. What if Babseeds' nightmare is about the original cmc (Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, and Applebloom) getting their cutie marks and than ditching her

• Brohoof 1

Me to. What if Babseeds' nightmare is about the original cmc (Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, and Applebloom) getting their cutie marks and than ditching her

That definitely sounds like a good idea

• Brohoof 2

I would watch it! ^^

It sounds really believable, honestly.

I mean, remember in "One Bad Apple" how almost every time someone would bring up a Cutie Mark, she would cover her flank?

I could see it. ^^

And of course, Luna would come in to save the day! ^^

This was an awesome episode! Loved the lesson. I think that a lot of people have fallen into the trap of fame, and when it's taken away, they try to get it back, even if they have to get nasty. All in all, it's not the fame that matters, it's the people who help you to become the best you can be that matter the most. 

• Brohoof 2

That definitely sounds like a good idea

Hasbr better listen to this. What if Applebloom's nightmare is about the farm

I would watch it! ^^

It sounds really believable, honestly.

I mean, remember in "One Bad Apple" how almost every time someone would bring up a Cutie Mark, she would cover her flank?

I could see it. ^^

And of course, Luna would come in to save the day! ^^

And possible world building

That episode was fantastic and lived up to the good hopes I had for it :). Most of all, I liked how they made it all about their sisterhood but still let it be a Sweetie Belle episode. None of that Power Ponies crap where the episode is all about a character worrying about being overshadowed, and then being overshadowed anyway in the end. The episode portrayed Rarity very positively, but didn't give her any of those special and uniquely Rarity moments that tend to get remembered. They definitely kept this in Sweetie Belle's hands, and I'm glad for that. Luna being the Patron Princess of sisterhood again is also a big plus :)

/copypastaing from a PM conversation

Though that said, Rarity was still very fantastic in her supporting role and I definitely gained a lot of respect for her as a sister and as a person. Sort of fits with the theme in Sisterhooves Social about how their relationship is like a balancing act. Sweetie Belle has to be enthusiastic and helpful but not to the point where she's just messing everything up, Rarity has to be helpful and supportive but not to the point where she's taking all the attention for herself, and I think all things considered Rarity did wonderfully under the circumstances.

It's definitely a good sign when you're five minutes into an episode, it feels like a lot has happened, and you feel really involved and invested in things. A lot of Season 4 episodes haven't even gotten to that point by the credits, for me at least. The ability to just sit back and lose myself in an episode is something I definitely no longer take for granted, and it makes me all the happier when an episode like this delivers so magnificently. Definitely one of my favorites of Season 4, and the series in general :).

• Brohoof 2

Nah, it was perfectly in character for Sweetie Belle we've seen her over-romantasize a situation before, and let's not forget her "brilliant ideas", and we've also seen her emotions take her to extremes(the excessive crying and temper)

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. It wasn't really an emotional thing, she had had plenty of time to simmer down. Sweetie Belle definitely can be a bit of a drama queen but she's never, ever done something cruel like this before.

• Brohoof 1

So, For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils

It already was clearly trying to worm its way into my heart by starting right off the back with a busy Rarity who is moving up with her career and, well, as my live commentary reads...

Back in Sisterhooves Social, she probably would've yelled at Sweetie Belle for her bad behavior, but this time she's just all

"What can I do to help make it up to you   :blush: 

I think that Rarity's honestly afraid of being a bad sister because she understands her tendencies to get wrapped up in her own frustrations and I really empathize with her here and sorry Pinkie I know I was considering you for third best but you'll just have to deal with fourth place

ARE YOU SERIOUS SWEETIE BELLE YOU AKDADOAKDOPKASDOAKDOP

THAT'S HER CAREER AND HER ONLY "CRIME" WAS BEING TOO GENEROUS TOWARDS YOU

DASDDOASPDKOPASDKASD

I DON'T CARE IF I UNDERSTAND YOUR MOTIVATIONS IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE GOOD MOTIVATIONS IT JUST MEANS I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE BEING A PETTY JERKFACE BUT THAT MAKES YOU NOT ANY LESS OF A PETTY JERKFACE DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME

yeah terribelle nice award you can shove it up your flank you cutie mark betrayer

Terribelle will be shown the error of her ways by the Ghost of Sisters Past now?    :huh:

OH MY GOSH ONE OF THE FIVE YEAR OLDS IS SCOOTALOO'S LONG LOST TWIN SISTER

Er, I think that started to veer off the point near the end...

--

I tend to notice the visuals of episodes and this one was a total feast, also. That entire dream sequence was so fluid and exciting. Even the stairs had interesting angles!   :wub:

Also, once again Rainbow Dash wins the "I had nothing to do with the episode and still got the funniest line" award. Third time champion, if memory serves. The rest of the Mane 6 really need to step up their games.  :okiedokielokie:

My only objection in the episode was Spike not jumping at the chance to help Rarity out with something, but meh, nitpick.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

I thought it was pretty good. For once, an episode made me sympathize with Rarity, and that's quite an accomplishment. Even if it was questionably similar to A Christmas Carol.

4/5.

Finally got to watch the episode.

Stupid stream...

I can't find anything to complain about this episode. Seriously. 10/10 as far as I am concerned after watching it once.

I just have to say something:

Luna...

Awesome.jpg

Luna, Rarity and Sweetie Belle were OUTSTANDING!

I don't think it's any exaggeration to say that this may have been one of the best episodes in the entire series, and of course, the season. Background music was fitting and great, the animation, as usual was very nice to look at but this episode went above and beyond in the dream sequence. Characterization was spot on, or at least I couldn't find any problems with the characters performing their roles either on the dream sequence or outside of it.

And it told a beautiful tale that I love, using ponies at that. I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. The conflict presented was very believable and presented in a relatable way. I'll be damned if I never felt inferior next to my peers and because of that developed a stunted view of the situation.

When I saw the premise earlier this week I was worried that Luna's presence might have been intrusive because Sweetie Belle has parents that could help her see that she was wrong, but the timing of the events gave Luna a good excuse to butt in in order to save the day. Which she did. This episode was everything I expected it to be and more.

I liked seeing Sapphire Shores again, and even she was great in her contribution to this episode, and I love this pony...

Security%20Pony.jpg

Thank you DHX. This episode was as awesome as Luna and Rarity together, with a nice helping of CMC action with extra Sweetie Belle.

Isn't it ironic that Celestia gets overshadowed by Luna in the fandom and in the quality of her development within the show? ^_^

They need to have more Luna moments like this episode had.

I mean, she was very caring for Sweetie Bell in this episode, I thought it was very sweet. ^^

• Brohoof 2

By the way, I'm pretty sure it's 'For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls', SCS.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind.

Edited by Shift

@moonlightavenger Yeah I wonder that myself, I guess it's that Celestia raises the sun and ponies are awake during her job whereas Luna raises the moon and ponies sleep. Also could be more people favor Celestia over Luna. I particularly don't, between Luna and Celestia, I pick Luna.

I really likes this episode!!

Not one thing I could see that I had a problem with.

Sweetie has a surprisingly bad side, but she learned her lesson. Rarity was wonderful. Luna was great by relating to Sweetie's problem!!

Some of the Luna-zealots on YouTube made me sad though.  :(

Can't just enjoy Luna, they gotta insult poor Celestia as well. You know, Luna would be very disappointed with those people if she met them in person.

That said, I still love you Tia!! And you and Luna are the best sisters ever!! I hope you get to star in an episode sometime Tia. That would be awesome. And you don't even have to do anything epic!! I'd just want to hang out with you. X3

So I'll just ignore the fan-dumb.

LONG LIVE UNITED EQUESTRIA!!  :yay:

Edited by ShadOBabe

@moonlightavenger Yeah I wonder that myself, I guess it's that Celestia raises the sun and ponies are awake during her job whereas Luna raises the moon and ponies sleep. Also could be more people favor Celestia over Luna. I particularly don't, between Luna and Celestia, I pick Luna.

More people favoring Celestia? Are you new to the fandom?  ^_^

After today's episode, I think I might do so too. Poor Celestia is missing development and Luna is stealing the show from her.  :lol:

Finally got to watch the episode.

Stupid stream...

I can't find anything to complain about this episode. Seriously. 10/10 as far as I am concerned after watching it once.

I just have to say something:

Luna...

img-2436879-1-Awesome.jpg

Luna, Rarity and Sweetie Belle were OUTSTANDING!

I don't think it's any exaggeration to say that this may have been one of the best episodes in the entire series, and of course, the season. Background music was fitting and great, the animation, as usual was very nice to look at but this episode went above and beyond in the dream sequence. Characterization was spot on, or at least I couldn't find any problems with the characters performing their roles either on the dream sequence or outside of it.

And it told a beautiful tale that I love, using ponies at that. I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. The conflict presented was very believable and presented in a relatable way. I'll be damned if I never felt inferior next to my peers and because of that developed a stunted view of the situation.

When I saw the premise earlier this week I was worried that Luna's presence might have been intrusive because Sweetie Belle has parents that could help her see that she was wrong, but the timing of the events gave Luna a good excuse to butt in in order to save the day. Which she did. This episode was everything I expected it to be and more.

I liked seeing Sapphire Shores again, and even she was great in her contribution to this episode, and I love this pony...

img-2436879-2-Security%20Pony.jpg

Thank you DHX. This episode was as awesome as Luna and Rarity together, with a nice helping of CMC action with extra Sweetie Belle.

Isn't it ironic that Celestia gets overshadowed by Luna in the fandom and in the quality of her development within the show? ^_^

I think their calling him Lockout or something along those lines...

The frist thing that came to mind when I first saw him was Mr Bubbles from Lilo and Stich

• Brohoof 1

I think their calling him Lockout or something along those lines...

The frist thing that came to mind when I first saw him was Mr Bubbles from Lilo and Stich

Mr.Bubbles had way cooler shades but he does resemble him alot

Wow. Just wow. To quote from my tweet....

"Ok, calling it now. This episode is deep. Emotionally deep. Well written and well performed. Outstanding!"

Anyway, despite the events of the last 24 hours, let's get into the episode write up itself!

What can I say? This tested my emotions, anxiety, stress levels and even my PTSD. I don't normally say that when I come to describing how I felt about the episode, but as mentioned before, I wasn't that good with my siblings in my younger years and some of the scenes got me a bit anxious as such.

The dream sequence with Luna and Sweetie Belle was the one scene that I couldn't watch without having to turn away from the screen, but it wasn't by choice. While there were some scenes that I enjoyed, mainly the first half the sequence with Sweetie's 5th birthday party and seeing a foal sized variant of her trying to emulate her big sister and eventually ending up with Sweetie in tears.

But for some reason, I couldn't watch the whole sequence without having to mute the sound on my headphones or turn away from the monitor. However, I have to give the DHX team credit when it came to conveying the message across by pushing the boundaries with the visual designs.

Apart from that, the story was well written and even the inclusion of Sapphire Shores was a huge bonus plus the play sequence with the CMC was also great, especially with the costume designs!

I also have written my full thoughts on the episode itself on my blog, which can be viewed here.

Also if anyone is interested, I wrote a special piece based on the episode's subject (siblings) and my life experiences on my deviantART journal here.

• Brohoof 1

I liked this episode, it showed Rarity wasn't trying to steal Sweetie Belles spotlight, just trying to help. I also liked Luna showing sympathy to Sweetie Belle, they both went through something similar. It also shows Rarity is more generous than we thought

• Brohoof 1