Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private On a Day Like Today

DustyQuill

Finshing the amazing food, I place the plate on the table closest to me, one last peice of bacon in my hoof. I look over at Stratus, then Bre, then, Dust, and finally to Spacer. I smiled, and decided to try and start a fun conersation. 

"How was last night's party for you, Spacer? Seemed like you and Bre were having fun." I say, looking at the both of them , grinning slightly. I had seen the two of them dancing together at one point, but hadn't seen them the whole night afterwards. 

I eat my last peice of bacon and drink the last of my water, then look over at the pile of glow sticks that must have been Spacer's and Bre's, since they don't have any on. I look down at my hoof and see the ones I intertwined with my bracelets. I take them off and place them on the table, then look at my back hoof. I don't see any, and figure the doctor took them off. Reaching up to my ear, I notice that one is gone too. Lastly, I check the base of my tail, and find a few. I undo them and place them on the table with the rest. 

I try to smooth out my mane and tail. I groan, knowing they probably look terrible. 

"Ugh, I look like a mess, don't I?" I ask giggling, not talking to anypony in particular.

"Oh you know, it was fun from what I remember of it" I rubbed my head trying to maybe rub out a memory which didn't work at all "At some point of was leaning on Bre next thing you know I'm laying on him in the morning" I giggled getting a saddlebag down from a shelf to start packing for my adventure with every pony in the room. "I'm not even sure how much I was drinking, I lost count after the shots" I place a scarf into the saddlebag along with some glowsticks and some oat cookies. Trying to think about what else I should bring I listen to Star Catcher say she looked horrible. I smiled and walked up to her "Well...you do look like a mess" I say looked at the random hairs sticking out so often through her mane and tail "But at least you didn't toss your cookies like Bre" I giggled and hoofed her a brush I used for my own mane. "You can use mine. I'm actually surprised Bre was able to keep it in all night with me." I shook my head trying to get the thought of if Bre did throw up on her. "If you want you can use my shower too, I don't know if there is any hot water left but its refreshing thats for sure." I say tapping my hoof on a table wondering what else to bring again.

I take the brush from Spacer, and start to pull it through my mane. I listen to her talk about the shower, and smile slightly.

"Well, I do like cold showers more when the warmer weather is around. And I think that'd be better for me anyway." I say, brushing out the last parts of my mane. 

I slide off the couch and stand the best I can, keeping my weight on my three good hooves. I put the brush on the nearest table, then look over at Spacer. "Thanks for letting me use this by the way. But, I'll be back in about twenty minutes. I'm sure I'll find everything I need." I notice Spacer packing, and realize it'd be a good idea to do the same as soon as possible. "After that, I'll go straight to my place to pack up. Would you like to come with me, Dust? I'd rather have somepony some with me, just in case something happens on the way there." I ask, looking at Dust with big puppy eyes. 

Stratus looks around the room a bit awkwardly, then decides to speak up. "Well hey, it was nice meeting you all, and last night was pretty fun," he then winks at me. "But, I really should get going. This trip thing sounds pretty important, and I wouldn't want to get in the way." He turns to leave, then stops and looks back at me. "I hope you wouldn't mind me asking, but, can I have your number? I'd love to stay in touch." 

I look at him in surprise, then smile. "Sure, why not?" I say, then find a marker and piece of paper. I write down my number and my name with a little smiley beside it, to make it a bit cuter. Hoofing it to him, I smile warmly. "Don't lose it." I say, then fly out the door.

I closed my bag up almost for certain I had everything I needed. I threw it over my back "So Dust when are we heading out?" I asked popping a sunflower seed into my mouth from a little pouch I already have taken out of my saddlebag. "mmmm" I couldn't help but still feel hungry. I put my headphones around my neck "Nice to meet you to Stratus from the little time we spent with ya" I said laughing.

I watched Star Catcher limp on her three hoofs "Hope everything is okay with her" I thought chewing on another sunflower seed.

"Hey Bre, feeling any better?" I asked rubbing his belly. My parents use to do the same thing whenever I felt sick. It usually helped a bit. Not sure if it was going to work on Bre but it was worth a shot. "I have been in mornings like you plenty of times Bre, you will be back to friendly self after you rest up." I said moving a hoof through his mane "If your coming on the trip with us I could pack you some things or run to the store and get you some things for the trip?" I said placing a sun flower seed on my tongue and sucking the salt off of it.

I found the bathroom fairly easily, since it wasn't too far from Spacer's room. Everything I needed was in an obvious place, so they were also easy to find. On the other hand, the shower settings were confusing, but that's how it usually is. 

However, I soon figured it out. I decided to change the settings from hot to cold when I felt like it instead of keeping it one temperature. The only difficult part was staying off my bad hoof, since it was such a small space. I managed with only minor pain, but it was still pretty challenging. 

After about a half hour, I got out of the shower. I grabbed my towel as I flew out and dried off as quickly as possible. Wiping off the condensation on the mirror and looking into it, I smiled at my yet again wavy mane.

"Back to normal." I said, giggling a little.

I looked over my face, slowly taking in every feature. I stared at my eyes, then smiled slightly. I love my eyes, since I see them as my best feature. Sometimes, I feel like they are the only part of my face that make me even slightly pretty. I giggled at my thoughts, shrugging them off quickly. I didn't like negative thoughts, and tried to stay positive most of the time.

Soon, I was flying out of the bathroom with the heat pouring out of the open door behind me. I smiled, feeling the fresh cold air hit me. I flew back to the room, towel in hoof, still rubbing my mane dry. I landed on the couch and looked around at everypony, smiling.

"That was refreshing. What'd I miss?" I asked.

Edited by DashieHeart