Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private On a Day Like Today

DustyQuill

(Can't get to my pc, I'll try through the ipad I guess.)

She asks me if I'm a dancer. " No, not really I'm more of a headbanger, and usually to metal. But I guess I could try real dancing. No, wasted isn't the word is it, I would say hung over would be better." I laugh. " Okay, let's go dance then." I walk with her toward s the dance floor. " Wait a second, I just need to get another shot." I walk back to the bar and order another shot, then drink it. I turn around to the dance floor to try and find Spacer. I spot her and start walking towards her. " Hey, I'm starting to feel a bit intoxicated, I think I'll find it easier to dance now." I walk closer to her. " What dance do you want to do then? Wait, I don't know what any dances are. Just start doing something and I'll try to copy you, though it won't be very good." She starts dancing, so I just try my best to imitate what she Is doing, with little precision or accuracy. " Am I doing it right? Cause it feels different to the way you look doing it." Slowly I feel the alcohol taking effect and everything starts becoming a bit blurry.

When Star asks if I want to try some shots, I open my mouth to answer, but by then it's a futile effort, as she has already abandoned ship and is ahead of me. I also notice my scarf is gone, and my eyes narrow as I search for and quickly spot my flapping scarf as she equips it while fleeing. I chase after her, nimbly leaping over other ponies to catch up. I catch her at the bar, and because I'm slightly winded, I gasp out, "I.. Don't.. Drink.. [sigh]." I gather myself a bit. "Yeah, I am not the drinking type. I don't judge, mind you, it's just not for me." I already feel like a jerk for passing up the offer, so I try to change the subject. "Anyway, I guess we should start thinking about what happens after tonight. Where will we go? We have the whole of Equestria before us, and with the program paying for us, we can afford to go anywhere. Least, we can for a while. So I think it is time to get the ideas flowing about where we should head next. Do you have any preferences, or should we wait until we can talk about it with Spacer and I would guess Bre if he wants to come as well?"

I pout when Dust tells me that he doesn't drink, then sigh. 

"Well that's no fun." I say. As he talks about where we should go after the party, I look at him with a slightly bored expression. Then, he brings up the option to talk later, I smile. "Yeah, because right now, I want to have something good to drink." I say, then turn to the bartender. "Give me a couple shots of your strongest drink. Let's say, like three for starters." I said, then look back at Dust, then wink at him. When the bartender slides me the three small cups, I quickly take a shot. I make a weird face, then shake my head rapidly. 

"Wooh! Now that's good!" I say with a smile and a laugh. "Sure you don't want to try anything? You could start simple, with a not-so-strong drink." I say, turning to Dust. A flash him a warm smile. "Come on, at least try some. For me?" I giggle, then grab another shot glass from the two others, and take another shot. This time, I just laughed really loudly. 

"Haha, sorry. It's so strong, I think I might already be getting drunk! Buck!" I say, laughing, then pick up the third glass. This time, I hesitate, and look at Dust with a devious grin.

I hold out the glass towards him. "I dare you." I say in an almost seductive voice, a flirty look on my face.

I grimace at the rebuttal in subject change. When I'm offered a drink again, I once more decline. "Look Star, now is not the time to discuss why I won't, but I can explain later if I have to. For now, please, please, don't put that on me." I wait until she says that she dares me before I finally lower my head. I then look up, visibly off-put. "Star. I do not like the pony I become when I've had drink, okay? I was hoping that would have been enough." I look around, and immediately the party feels very out of place to me. All the darkness with the foreign glowing shapes dancing and laughing, and I suddenly no longer feel part of it. "I'm... gonna go. I'll be up the road north apiece when you're done here. Find Spacer and make sure she knows the same. Bring Bre if he wants," I say, pulling off my glowsticks and setting them on the bar with some magic. I then try to leave as quietly as I can, but because I can no longer be seen, ponies keep bumping into me. It takes a few minutes, but eventually I make it out the door. On the way, I see the bouncer from before, still standing guard dutifully. As I pass, I give him an apologetic smile. "I guess I gave you a rough time today, huh?" He nods grimly, hoping to forget it. "Well, you'll be happy to know I got my comeuppance. I probably just ruined a few friendships in there." I look down slightly. As I start walking out, he says in an extremely low voice, "Don't let yourself get discouraged. I saw who you are today, I think. And I don't think you're a bad pony, just maybe putting your eggs in the wrong baskets sometimes." I am surprised somepony for whom I'd caused so much trouble would say something so nice, but it lifts my spirits immensely. I turn back to him. "By the way, the name's Dusty. Dusty Quill. I'm a writer. And someday, all of Equestria will know my name and my work!" He laughs a bit, but not cruelly. "Well, I'll be sure to buy your book when it gets published. Then, when you're famous, I'll be able to tell ponies I got run half to death by THE Dusty Quill! Ahahaha!" He and I laugh for a minute, then he adds, "And my name's Brick Break, in case you were wondering." I nod, smile, and walk away, saying, "Goodbye, Mister Brick Break! Work on that cardio for me, eh?" I walk for a few minutes along the road, then pick a spot by some flowers to sit down and watch the moon.

I watch Dust take his glowsticks off and walk back into the crowd. Soon, he was out of sight. I sigh, then take the last shot myself. I look at the bartender, who looks back at me and shrugs. I do the same, then slide the three glasses towards the pony. I walk back into the crowd, not really in the mood to dance. I kept my head down, luckily not getting bumped into that much. 

Suddenly, I walk into a pony's side, and send him stumbling to the side. I shake my head, stumbling a bit myself. I look up, a little surprised.

"Hey, I'm sorry-" I began, but was cut off when the stallion looked up at me. He only looked slightly upset, but still had a sort of grin on his face. "Oh... Wow.." I said, then realized I was talking out loud. "Sorry, you're just.. wow.." The stallion threw his head back and laughed. 

"Don't worry. I mean, you're pretty 'wow' yourself." he says. I giggle and blush a little. Then, smiling devilishly, I get an idea.

"Well thanks. My name's Star Catcher, and I'd love it if you'd dance with me." I say, walking up to him. He looks a bit surprised, but smiles and nods anyway.

"Well I'd love to dance with you. And, my name's Stratus." he says with a smile. 

"Nice." I say, then lift into the air. "How about up here?" I ask. He grins, then follows me up. 

"Yeah." Stratus and I flew up higher than most of the other ponies would go, since it was so close to the lights.

"I like it up here better. It's actually a bit quieter." I say, beginning to dance with him.

"I know. It's a bit more, peaceful, I guess. And lots of the ponies down there can't really see us. All they can see are our glowsticks, really. But barely that, either." he smiles, and begins to dance also. 

"Well, this will keep my mind off of things." I thought with a smile.

Edited by DashieHeart

I laughed as Brechard copy my moves "Well your doing fine with copying me but...." I put my hoofs around him "Your dancing to much like a mare" I say as I balance myself on him "W-Why dont you have a mare in your life Brechard?" I say starting to slur my words as I see Star Catcher rise up higher than any pony else out of the corner of my eye.

I point a hoof up at her and wave "Staaaarrrrr!!!" I yell yet nothing can be heard barely over the music and mingling ponies. "B-Brechard there goes staaarrrr" I noticed that she was flying up with another stallion and not Dust and I tilted my head "Now w-w-why would she not be with Dust...Brechaaardd you know where Dust is?" I ask feeling more and more of the alcohol takes its course. I wanted to know where he was just as much as my other friends. I took my hoofs off of Brechard and stood on all four hoofs swaying back and forth. "I need one more drink then I must find m-m-my friend!" I declared as I pointed a hoof to the roof. I wobbled over to the bar once more and took a mug of cider and turned around to the whole room taking a big drink from it.

I laugh as I'm told I'm dancing too feminine. " why d-don't I have a mare in my life. I don't know. I guess I've never really found anypony that's r-right for me before." I blush a bit as I admit it. Obviously she is starting to get drunk, as she is slurring her speech. " Star. Where is she?" I look around, trying to find her, but it is too dark to find and specific pony. " Uh, I have no idea why she wouldn't be with Dust, Spacer." She is definitely drunk. She takes her hoof off me and stands on all four, but she is swaying. " I don't think its a good idea you having more alcohol, unless you want a really bad headache tomorrow. And you aren't going finding anypony in this condition, you might get hurt." She turns around and takes a rather large gulp from a mug of cider. " Do you really think thats a good idea? Since your already drunk." I can feel the alcohol starting to take affect even more now. " Come on, let's go back to your room. I think you and I could both do with some rest. And I'm gonna get a bucket for you, I'd rather not be thrown up on."

(My bad, different time zones.)

"Ahhhh h-headaches are the worst!" I say finishing my cider and walked up to Brechard putting a couple hoofs on his back "What was I gunna do?" I ran her hoofs through his coat. I forgot about the search for Dust already but recollected it after a couple minutes "Oh ya B-Bre we gotta go find Dusty Quilt!" I laughed at myself as I pronounced his name wrong "Wait that isn't it...." I was unaware that Brechard had me already back to my room. "Hey I know this place!" I say trotting into the room sideways trying to keep my balance "I was here like today" She giggled and fell onto her couch face first then turned her head so she could breathe "B-b-bre? What do you look for in a mare?" She remembered he blushed from before surprisingly. "You can be h-h-honest with me, I am a good friend. P-promise." She smiled at him feeling lightheaded. "You wouldn't happen to have any water do you?" I say struggling to take a glow stick off my neck. I failed horribly and gave up the fight. "I haven't been this drunk since forever ago, you g-g-guys are awesome" I said waving a hoof in a random direction.

When she puts her hooves on my back I lift her up fully onto my back and carry her to her room. As she feels my coat with her hooves I get a tingly feeling run down my back. " I don't remember his last name either. We're here now... Yeah, you should know this place." I'm feel knackered, so I sit on the sofa that she fell on. I blush again when she asks me a question. " I, uh, I don't really know. I've never been with anypony before. I guess I would look for a mare who likes the stuff I like, and they should also have a great personality." I look down to my forehooves, and they seemed to have doubled. I move them around to make sure it isn't my hindlegs beneath them. " Yeah, I think i'm drunk now." My speech becomes a bit slurred. " Can we get some, uh, sleep? I'm tired." I lay down on the sofa, with my head on the end cushion. " Uh, no, I don't have any water with me. Let me help you with the glow sticks." I attempt to take the glow sticks off from around her neck, but give up due to my horrible drunk vision. " Hehe. I was drunk on the night before I left. But not this drunk. I'm just gonna go pass out on the other side of the sofa." I lay back down on the sofa and fall asleep almost instantly.

I began circling around Stratus, laughing and smiling. We had been flying around for a while, just talking and having a good time. However, I wasn't really good at conversation at the moment, with the alcohol taking affect on me. 

"Hey, have you had anything to drink... tonight?" I ask, slowly flying around him. He tilts his head, then turns around to find me. 

"No, not yet. I'm guessing you have though." he says with a laugh. 

I giggle a bit. "Yeaaahhhh, I have." I say almost dreamily. "Come on. You need something to drink if you're gonna be h-hanging out with me." I say, grabbing his hoof and flying towards the bar. 

We land in front of the bar, and I immediately look at the bartender. "Two shots of your strongest drink." The pony gives me a wary look. "Not for me. Him." I say, motioning to Stratus. The pony nods.

Soon, there are two shots in front of me. I grab them both, then turn and hoof one to Stratus. He takes it, then looks at me and smiles, then takes the shot. Then, in one swift motion, he sets the glass down then takes the other from me, taking the shot quickly. 

"Woah. Somepony's eager to get drunk." I say, taking the glass from him and sliding it onto the bar. 

"It was good, what can I say?" He is already slurring his words a bit. I look at him, and give a devious smile. 

"Let's get out of here. I'll find my friends later, but for now, I want to spend time with you!" I say, poking him on the chest with the last word. I giggle, then walk towards the entrance of the place. I turn back, and find Stratus following close behind, wobbling a bit.

As I sit watching the stars go by, I realize that the morning isn't too far off. Since I know I basically blew everypony off, I decide I will try to make it up to them. Since they will all be hungover before too long, I figure I would make them a little morning pick-me-up. I don't have to walk far to find a small town, one with a 24 hour supermarket. I trot in and buy a ton of eggs, bacon, and quality bread. I silently thank the Luna Program for all the funding. I carry all the food in a bag hoisted with some magic back to the club; by then, the moon was long retreating. I laughed a bit to myself as I realized how silly all this was, me just showing up to the club with this much food. As I walk back up to the door, Brick Break looks at me funny for a second. "Thought you were heading out there, Mister Big Shot Writer," he comments. "No worries, Brick," I assure, "just gonna try and be a nice pony for once." I gesture to the bag. "There a place to cook up this nonsense?" He replies, "The kitchen is right by Spacer's room, actually." I thank him and get to walking in, but on the way I run into Star and some stallion. They both appear plastered. I feel my throat catch a bit. After a second I choke out, "Oh, hi there Star. Just, uh.. I'm going this way." I pick a random hallway and start trotting down it, just wanting to put some distance between myself and them.

On our way out, I see Dust, and I smile. I stop walking, and so does Stratus. However, Dust walks away quickly after saying 'Hi'. I raise an eyebrow and watch him as he leaves. Then, I decide to follow him.

"Hey, Dust. What's up with you?" I ask, sounding a bit concerned, since he seemed a little upset. I turn around to Stratus, who hasn't seemed to have moved much. "Come on, Stratus." I call, and he begins to catch up to us, not looking too interested in this little venture. 

Turning back to Dust, I see the bag of stuff he has. 

"Oh hey, what's that? Something important?" I ask. Suddenly, I stumble and trip, due to me not really paying attention to where I am going. I hit my nose on the floor, and my hoof was in pain. I lay on the floor and groan quietly. 

"Ooowww.." I say, touching my nose. I could feel pain as I barely touch it, then wince. Then, looking at my hoof, I realize it seems a bit swolen.

"Oh, Star? Are you okay?" Stratus asks, trotting up to me. 

"I don't know.. My hoof hurts.." I say, standing up and attempting to put pressure on my hoof. It turns out to be unsuccessful, and I grimace with pain. "This is totally not bubbly..." I say, sitting down with a thud and pouting a bit.

I groan a bit as I hear her follow behind me, then jump a bit when I hear the thud of her hitting the floor. I turn around and set my bag of food down. I get down and look at Star's snout. "Yep. Looks beaten up pretty bad. Not broken, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if it swells like a balloon." I then look at the hoof. "Maybe sprained. Somepony in town will be able to fix that, no doubt." In the meantime, I lift her up with some magic and gingerly place her on the back of the Pegasus stallion. "Take her into town, if you'd please. Nurses should be in the clinic there, I'd think." He nods, and I pick my bag back up and get back on track. I trot into what I deem to be the kitchen, and happily note that the cooking appliances are top of the line. I try to put Star and her new friend out of my mind by cooking, which seems to go very well. In no time, I have whipped up some fried bacon, some scrambled eggs, and some perfectly browned toast. All in all, a perfect cure by my standards. "Wonder if Star made it okay.." I catch myself wondering. I check the time. It is now 5:30am

"ooo my head" is all the comes from my mouth waking up in my room at the gig from the previous night. I am laying against Brechard on my couch feeling the hangover pretty well. I rub a hoof on my head and I sit up and lean back "I hope I did nothing that bad last night" I poked Brechard in the snout "Hey....wake up" I say softly into his ear knowing that after a night a drinking the last thing a pony wants to here is a loud noise. I get up still rubbing my head with a hoof and walk over to a mirror to see my mane all messed up and frizzy. "Oh sweet Celestia" I say flipping up a part of my mane. The glow sticks lost there color as I took each one off and placed them into the table in front of the mirror. I look over to Brechard who is still in wake up mode so I make my way to my bathroom and start a shower trying to get all the frizzy out.

I finally get it all smooth like before and come out of the bathroom with steam leaking through the door. I have a comb going through my mane as I look out a window seeing the sun rise. "I hope Dust and Star are okay and had fun" I think to myself as a bird flew across the sky along with a couple of pegasi.

Stratus obeyed Dust's orders and took me into town. I was pretty groggy and still in pain, so I stayed on his back, even though I could still fly. I only moved a total of two times during the trip, to make myself more comfortable. Soon, my head was pounding, and I didn't feel like being awake at all. However, laying across Stratus's back wasn't exactly comfortable.

"Where.. are we going?" I ask. Stratus turns his head to look at me and smiles.

"The nearest hospital. To get your snout and hoof checked out." he says, truning back around. There are only a few ponies walking the streets at this time of day. 

"Oh... Okay.." I said. Soon, I was passed out on Stratus's back, swinging as he walked.

Before I knew it, I was in a hospital room and there was a doctor in front of me. He looked all professional, and that made me giggle.

"Hello, Star Catcher. My name is Dr. Brine, and this is Nurse Light Heart. Your friend told us what happened. When you came in, you were asleep, and didn't want to wake up. So we checked your snout and hoof, and your snout is okay. It will probably swell a little, but that won't last for long. Your hoof, however, is sprained. You're going to have to wear this brace for a while." he said, then showed me the brace that was wrapped around my hoof. I stared at it for a while, then looked back up at him and nodded. 

"And, we are going to give you these pain killers. Take one or two if you start feeling pain, but don't take any more for at least six hours afterwards." he said, then stared at me expectantly. When I nodded, he smiled, and began to continue. "Now, you might not want to put too much pressure on your hoof for a while, but your snout isn't much to worry about. You didn't seem to bump it too hard. You can go now. Take these, and remember what I said." He hoofed me the pills, and I grabbed them, then hopped down from the bed. I turned and looked at the two ponies. 

"Thank you." I said sweetly, then walked out of the room to find Stratus. He was leaning up against the wall, and when he saw me, he hopped down onto all fours. he simply smiled, then motioned with his head and began walking in that direction. I simply followed without saying a word.

Edited by DashieHeart

I see the sun finally break the horizon through the kitchen window and decide that will be my cue. I pick up all of the many steaming platters of various egg, bacon, and toast combos and carry them all silently into Spacer's room. Thankfully, she and Bre are already there. Spacer seems a bit better off than Bre, but I don't really venture to guess who drank more. While setting down all my plates on virtually every available horizontal surface, at the same time I grin goofily at Spacer and whisper in my best old-pony voice, "You damn foals! Partying and causing all manner a ruckus and making life difficult for the responsible ones! Git offa my property!" I shake a hoof playfully to seal the act. I then settle in and with slow, undisturbing movements, I sit on a sofa. I see Spacer's look of what I figure is surprise at all this food, and I explain, "I figured you lot were gonna be nine kinds of messed up this morning, and I know that one of the best cures to a hangover is a hearty, greasy breakfast! Ergo, this was my way of taking care of you pretty pony party plotfaces." I grin again, taking a bite of some very crispy bacon. "Maybe I overdid it a bit, but that's what was fun."

I feel something poke at my snout, and I come out of sleep mode, but go into hung over mode. I hear a whisper in my ear, I assume it's Spacer as she was the only other pony in the room with me. I hear some muffled words and she leaves, as I hear a door being shut rather loudly. " Ow, my head." My head is killing me, and I feel sick. I open my eyes and everything is slowly coming into focus. When everything is finally in focus, I sit up, and look around the room. There is the sound of water coming out a shower head from one of the rooms. On what looks like a dressing table is a few used glow sticks. " She managed to get them off then." I say to myself and chuckle a bit.

After maybe five or so minutes, when i'm more awake, still feeling sick, Spacer comes out of the shower, with a large amount of steam following. " Morning." I say to her. The sick feeling gets even worse, I look down to the bucket I had bought in early. I get off the sofa and stand up. " How are you?" Before she gets a chance to reply, I bend down, put my head just above the bucket, and puke profusely into it.

((OOC) i didnt see you posted one there dusty. i guess this will have to be before you go in. i think i messed up a bit.)

Edited by Brechard

I watched as there were plates setting all around the room and about freaked out till I realized Dust was the source of the magic. As much as my hangover was creating a great headache in my head I still gave a giggle to Dust's impression of an old pony and replied "I'm not afraid of olden ponies" I whisper back shaking a hoof Dust's way "Bring on your madness". As Dust made himself comfortable I listened and looked at the buffet of food in front of me. When he finished I laughed "More like twenty kinds of messed up, not sure what i did after I came back here." I rubbed my head and took a piece of toast taking a deep bite. "mmmmm" I hummed as the food quenched my hunger. "This is more of like a heart stopping breakfast" I said jokingly as I scooped up an egg and smushed it between two peices of toast and put bacon on top. I riased up the sandwich and declared "I declare this sandwich to be an official grease bomb" I shoved it into my mouth feelings the flavors mix together making it taste even better. After finishing it within minutes I turned to Dust "Your an amzing cook Dusty, maybe one day you can teach me? I can make hay fries....and a grass sandwhich...nothing on this level" I said popping some toast combos into my mouth.

When I was done I took a big gulp of orange juice before wiping my mouth. "So....Dusty did I hear correctly that you were traveling across Equestria for writing?"

Between bites I grin at the question. "That's right! The good old MU has introduced a new program that pays for aspiring writers like me to travel across Equestria, writing and selling our work. The deal is, with travel expenses paid for, we just have to give half our profits to the university until we break even with them and become financially independent. It's kinda complicated, and it'll take a while to complete the process, but it'll all work out in the end. I mean to use this chance to see all the world, if I can, and experience the whole world to fuel my writing," I explain at length. "However, I figured I want to avoid getting lonely on the road, so I figure, why not find some ponies that can come with me and see the world? If only five ponies get this kind of chance, why not allow a few more to tag along?" I take a massive bite of bacon and egg sandwich. I eventually swallow it, laughing. "That was too big a bite. Anyway, I was going to ask if you and Bre are willing and able to come with me on this quest for adventure and greater inspiration!"

I listen to Dust as I chew my food. After he finished I gave him a big smile "Are you kidding me?? Of course I'll come with you! haven't have an adventure since I was a filly." I picked up a peice of bacon and pointed it at him. "I will fuel you up with inspiration" I looked at the bacon and licked my lips before taking a bite off  of it. "Or at least help you gain inspiration" I giggled finishing off the bacon in my hoof. Patting my belly I leaned back in the couch and seen Brechard tossing his cookies in a bucket. I reached over and patted his back along with rubbing it. "Feeling better Brechard? It's always good to throw up especially after drinking, helps get all that toxic stuff out your pony self" I said turning back to Dust "So where are you heading next from here?"

I was excited to hear that Dust wanted me to go with him on his inspiring adventures. It would be nice to get away form the parties and fast life and slow down to take in the wonders of Equestria and every place within it. I get up off the couch and look at myself in the mirror. The shower did its job by making my blue coat, mane and tail shine in the morning sun.

((OOC) yeah i didnt do what i was gonna do, so im gonna post quickly before bed.)

Dusty came in with a ton of food while I was puking in the bucket. I just sit with my head above the bucket while him and Spacer eat. They talk about doing an adventure or something, some university paying for everything I think, i'm not really listening that much to them as I lose more of my stomach lining. After they finish eating, or at least I think they are finished, Spacer pats me on the back. " Ugh, I feel awful. I'd rather keep it inside me then have it come out m..." I stop to throw up a bit more. " I'd rather keep it inside than have it vigorously shoot out my mouth." The bucket is almost full, and I think I still have quite a bit to throw up. " I'm just gonna put this stuff down the toilet, flush, and stay with my head by the toilet for an hour or two. Dusty, once i'm feeling better, can you tell me about this travelling thing." I go to the bathroom, and do exactly as I said. I start to regret drinking the strong drinks the night before. Once the feeling of throwing up goes away for a short while, I rest my head on the floor for a few minutes.

Edited by Brechard

Stratus and I make our way back to the venue we were at the night before. I decided to fly, even though Strats offered to give me another ride on his back.

When we got to the venue, we saw a few groups of ponies stumbling out, definitely hung over. I laugh a little, then feel my head begin to hurt again.

"Oh yeah.." I say, remembering having a few drinks the night before. 

I lead Stratus through the halls, finding my way to Spacer's room. As we near the room, I can hear the others talking. I smile to myself, happy that they were all awake, and still there. 

Just before we enter the room, Bre trots out with a bucket, and I turn my head away. I already knew what it was, and where he was going. Shaking my head, I flew into the room, and the smell of food immediately hit me. My eyes went wide with surprise, and I sniffed the air. I smiled, then looked at Spacer, then Dust.

"Who made the food? It smells amazing." I say, sounding a bit groggy still. I turn to Stratus, then back to the others. "Oh hey, this is Stratus, by the way. I bumped into him last night, literally." I giggle, then groan, my headache worsening. I light down on the couch, then lay down on my side.

"My head is totally ouching right now. My tummy, too." I say, closing my eyes. "And, Dust, I'm sorry for last night. I shouldn't have tried to get you to drink after you told me you didn't want to. I was a bit, head-missing, from everything, especially the drinks. So, I'm sorry. It was totally not bubbly of me." I say. I groan again, my head spinning. 

"Hey, Stratus? You have those pills? I think I need one... or ten... And a glass of water, please." Stratus hoofs me the pills, then runs to the kitchen, coming back in under a minute with a glass of water. He puts it on the table next to me, then smiles and pats me gently on the shoulder. 

"Thank you so much, man. You're a life saver." I say, grabbing the water and taking the pills.

I am in generous chef mode, so I grin in response to Star's apology. "It's all good. Now all of you foals best get to eating up, because we have a big day today! We have no time to waste! The whole of Equestria waits for us, and I don't wish to keep it waiting long! So all of you need to get over your hangovers quickly, and Star, we will need to find a wagon or something for you, unless you think you can fly for a while. In any case, I do not plan to wait even another day! We have the biggest chance of our lives here, and I don't mean to waste it!" I say while somehow eating at the same time. By now the whole room smells of delicious breakfast as opposed to the vomitous mess it had been hours earlier. I turn to Stratus. "Hi, by the way. They call me Dust. Writer, traveler, and yes, a decent chef as it turns out. Nice to meet ya, though I guess the circumstances of our meeting were less than pleasant, one may say," I say, smiling a bit guiltily at Stratus. As a means of forgetting whatever has happened up to this point, I extent a piece of bacon to him.

Stratus smiles, and takes the bacon from Dust. "Well, I'm Stratus. Not much else other than a part time volunteer firefighter, and full time party pony." he says, winking at me then taking a bite out of the bacon. 

I look up at him and giggle. I sniff the air, smelling the delicious food. I look around, then sit up.

"Hey, Stratus? Could you be an amazingly awesome pony and get me some bacon? And an egg?" I ask, smiling at him brightly. 

He smiles and sighs, then laughs. "Sure thing, Star." He grabs an empty plate nearby, then puts a decent pile of bacon on it, followed by a single egg. "Here you go. Your pile of bacon with a side of egg." he says, attempting a bad joke. I laugh anyway, and take the plate. I don't hesitate to pick up a piece of bacon and bite into it viciously. 

"Mmmmmmm..." I close my eyes and lean back. "Oh my wow..." I say, looking at Dust. "After this breakfast, I'm going to feel able to fly around the whole world in an hour." I laugh, then take another bite. "But, I'll be fine to fly for a while. I won't even need to rest much. I used to do a lot of sports and whatever, and my coaches worked me really hard. I could fly from here to the other end of the city about a million times and wouldn't have to take one break!" I announce, laughing. 

Soon, I'm too busy chowing down the amazing food Dust prepared to talk very much.

Edited by DashieHeart

After maybe five or so minutes I get up, still feeling a bit sick, I also pick up the bucket. Realising it might smell a bit sicky in the room, I spray some non-labeled stuff on the side to make it smell better. Once I slowly leave and enter Spacers room, with the bucket in my hoof, I see that they are still eating, and there is somepony else. " I wonder who that is." I say to myself. " If anypony is wondering, I am feeling awful. I don't remember drinking this much, but then I was drunk, so I probably drank a few more while out of it." I sit down on the floor about three metres away from everypony else. " I'd love to eat, but I wouldn't want it coming back up, so you guys can just eat all of it." I lay down on my back, still keeping the bucket close. " Dust, could you tell me what the travelling thing is about please? I heard you say something about travelling all over Equestria, and, well that's what I am doing. If it's alright would I be able to go with you guys?" I lift my head up, but then put it back down as my neck starts hurting a lot.