Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

I'm honestly surprised why so many people can't see how superior Sonic is to Mario. Sonic is so much more powerful and not to mention faster than Mario it's not even funny...Mario would not stand a chance against Sonic if those 2 really fought...He would actually win alot more easily than he did in that video...

@@Darker,

Hmmm how bout:

Mewtwo VS Frieza
Android 16 VS Super Android 13
Ryu and Ken VS Jin and Kazuya
Kisame Hoshigaki VS Zabuza Momochi
Ichigo Kurosaki VS Inuyasha
Sosuke Aizen VS Madara Uchiha
Mace Windu VS Count Dooku
Emperor Palpatine VS Lord Voldemort
The Juggernaut VS Doomsday
Skeletor VS Mumm-ra
Maleficent VS Jafar
Cyborg VS Bane
Little Mac VS Balrog

Edited by Asbel Lhant

I'm honestly surprised why so many people can't see how superior Sonic is to Mario. Sonic is so much more powerful and not to mention faster than Mario it's not even funny...Mario would not stand a chance against Sonic if those 2 really fought...He would actually win alot more easily than he did in that video...

@@Darker,

Hmmm how bout:

Mewtwo VS Frieza

Ryu and Ken VS Jin and Kazuya

Kisame Hoshigaki VS Zabuza Momochi

Sosuke Aizen VS Madara Uchiha

Skeletor VS Mumm-ra

Maleficent VS Jafar

Cyborg VS Bane

Little Mac VS Balrog

Actually no, Mario's strength is amazing, he's able to damage Bowser with mere punches, and we're talking about a turtle dragon who can survive a Supernova, an exploding star.

He has lifted entire castles and survived a Universal destruction, after escaping from Hell. He has also fought an enemy much more powerful than any other Sonic villain, Dimentio, who has the same powers as a GOD, he can literally destroy reality and re-warp it as he likes. And that was before he became super and Mario defeated him.

Sonic might be fast, but he lacks on a lot of things. Mario is fairly more intelligent, as he has been seen as either as an strategist or when the princess is captured, a very decided hero. Mario is also more agile and can jump much faster. Indeed, Sonic's speed is incredible, but Mario in normal form is already stronger than Knuckles who knocked out Super Sonic while flying near light speed.

Back to topic:

Mewtwo VS Frieza

While both have incredible destructive power and seem to have amazing telekinetic powers, Frieza has the edge on raw power. Even in his 1st form, he would still be able to destroy planet Earth much easier than Mewtwo said he could.

I love Mewtwo, but even if he used his mega evolutions, he'd still be nothing to Frieza.

Android 16 stalemated a being who was kicking 17's ass, and 17 and 18 have a similar power level to Super Android 13. So 16 in a huge stomp.

That huge blade gives Ichigo the edge on this battle by a large margin. I also don't remember Inuyasha doing anything very impressive.

This one is hard. Though I'll say Dooku, because he has a very good control over the Dark Side, and that caught Mace Windu off guard when he fought Palpatine.

Palpatine. Force > Magic.

If we say the one Juggernaut who punched through dimensions, then Juggernaut, but if we talk about the typical juggernaut who always gets his ass kicked by Hulk, then Doomsday. Easily.

Skeletor VS Mumm-ra

Both are very powerful in magic and are trained in several fighting styles. I would have to give it to Mumm-Ra, who's quite stronger, even if Lion-O isn't as strong as He-Man.

Maleficent VS Jafar

The most powerful witch vs the most powerul sorcerer. I would give it to Maleficent, because aside from changing forms and laughing like a maniac just like Jafar, she could actually change her surroundings, which would make her a reality-warper. Jafar would need to be a genie to beat her.

Cyborg VS Bane

Cyborg easily. Bane is very weak in comparison.

Little Mac VS Balrog

Little Mac, because he has won over Mike Tyson and has fought enemies twice as tall as he is.

I dunno; I mean they used references from Dragonball GT & some movies for the Superman/Goku fight, so..I don't see why they wouldn't use them.

GT was never canon by alot of fans, and since Battle of Z, GT is no longer even remotely canon. And the death battle guys were told, movies are not canon. Akira has even said the movies arn't, because they can't realistically fit in with the time line (of course, I'm sure you could argue Dead Zone, Bojack, and the movie with the Tapion).

My issues with Death Battle:
The nerf on Cloud
Goku vs Superman should have ended immediately, but Superman was horsing around.
Everything with Pikachu vs Blanka, but electricity resistance in particular.
Rainbow Dash vs Starscream. Maybe I need to look into G1 more, but Starscream should've won this.
Things I like about Death Battle:
Good gravy, they do love their information. No one can claim they didn't do research.
Their battles are pretty well animated. When they go all out, they really go all out.
They do try to make it represent the characters as fairly as they possibly can; I don't really see any biases in their shows.

My issues with Death Battle:

The nerf on Cloud

Goku vs Superman should have ended immediately, but Superman was horsing around.

Everything with Pikachu vs Blanka, but electricity resistance in particular.

Rainbow Dash vs Starscream. Maybe I need to look into G1 more, but Starscream should've won this.

Things I like about Death Battle:

Good gravy, they do love their information. No one can claim they didn't do research.

Their battles are pretty well animated. When they go all out, they really go all out.

They do try to make it represent the characters as fairly as they possibly can; I don't really see any biases in their shows.

1. lol indeed. That battle was complete bs. Cloud would DESTROY Link...

2. You seriously underestimate Goku's power. Goku would totally own Superman. Goku is much faster than Superman. His durability is a bit off from Superman’s, but that doesn't mean much due to the fact that they said that his output of Ki is equal to his durability, which means he can just use that power to increase his strength for example Kamehameha and Dragon Fist etc. which would be easily over Superman's durability level. And Goku's overall combat skills would easily overcome Superman’s strength. And Goku has alot more martial arts skills than Superman, which was not really shown in the Death Battle but was shown in DBZ, which means it would be easy for him to combat Superman's martial arts.

2. You seriously underestimate Goku's power. Goku would totally own Superman. Goku is much faster than Superman. His durability is a bit off from Superman’s, but that doesn't mean much due to the fact that they said that his output of Ki is equal to his durability, which means he can just use that power to increase his strength for example Kamehameha and Dragon Fist etc. which would be easily over Superman's durability level. And Goku's overall combat skills would easily overcome Superman’s strength. And Goku has alot more martial arts skills than Superman, which was not really shown in the Death Battle but was shown in DBZ, which means it would be easy for him to combat Superman's martial arts.

Even if this was true, it means little. Goku started off in base; Superman could've just put a fist through his skull before he transformed and called it a day

Edit: I kind of want to see Twilight Sparkle fight Voldemort, that'd be fun.

Edited by Shimmer5000

Even if this was true, it means little. Goku started off in base; Superman could've just put a fist through his skull before he transformed and called it a day

Edit: I kind of want to see Twilight Sparkle fight Voldemort, that'd be fun.

I can point out everything wrong with that death battle right now:

First of all, Superman DOES have Limits. And he most certainly is not "just as strong as he needs to be". Let me also point out that Superman's home planet Krypton was 10x the gravity of Earth's. But Goku later trained in gravity far higher than that. And he could also withstand it in just his base saiyan form alone. Superman IS very powerful yes but he can still be hurt by strong villains. Like Darksied, Mongul and Doomsday etc. And Darksied doesn't even have to use his Omega Beams at full power to hurt Superman. Superman also got beaten up real bad when he fought people who were nothing more than mere humans inside power suits. And Superman did not move the earth and moon by his own power. He had help from Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. And Hawkman was even shown to own Superman with a punch that had the force of a planet one time. I'd also like to point out that many Superman fans often like to hide the fact that they "forget" that Pre-Crisis Superman was the one who sneezed away an entire Galaxy. But that was only because of Myx's dust. LOTS of Myx's dust. Superman also did not lift 200 Quintillion Tons by his own natural power. It was only because his body was unstable from prolonged exposure to red sunlight. And even though Superman gains alot of strength from the sun Goku can gather energy from the entire UNIVERSE. And Superman hasn't fought villains near as powerful as the ones Goku has. We've got Frieza who could destroy entire planets with just one finger, Cell who could destroy an entire Solar System, And then there's Majin Buu who's power literally threatened the entire universe. He could teleport anywhere instantly and destroy anything in space and then revert completely unharmed even though his body gets destroyed into molecules.

And they forgot GT Goku, his base power would be equal to his SSJ3 form in DBZ. Why? You might ask. Well, Majin Buu was capable of ripping holes between dimensions, and he started out weaker than SSJ3. Gotenks had to go SS3 to be able to do the same thing. In GT, Goku uses a kamehameha to rip a hole between dimensions in his base form. Goku fought General Rildo, who Goku stated was stronger than Majin Buu, and he only had to go SSJ to beat him. In ScrewAttack's Death Battle Preview for Goku, they originally say that they were going to use "every possible source, as long as it doesn't conflict with the official Japanese Manga." Even though they said they didn't want to use Future Goku or Future Superman this still leads to the conclusion that they shouldn't have missed out the power difference between GT and DBZ Goku. And they used DBZ Goku and then slapped SSJ4 Goku at the end. But they can't do that because GT and DBZ are completely separate because Goku in DBZ had no tail. This means they can't use SSJ4 for DBZ Goku like they did. Huge flaw right there.

They should have used Goku's DBZ SS3 stats, and used it as his base form power, and then multiplied it using the SSJ forms.

Which would give you these results:

Maximum Strength: 64,000,000 (sixty-four million) tons >

Maximum Speed: 1,029,488,912,000 km/hr <

Maximum Durability: 1.36 septillion MT (136,000,000,000,000,000,000,

000,000) (24 Zeros) >

As I said, Goku actually turns out to be much faster than Superman. His durability is a bit off from Superman’s, but also as I said that doesn't mean much due to the fact that they said that his output of Ki is equal to his durability, which means he can just use that power to increase his strength e.g. Dragon Fist which would be easily over Superman's durability level. And Goku's overall combat skills would easily overcome Superman’s strength. And Goku has alot more martial arts skills than Superman, which was not really shown in the Death Battle but was shown in DBZ, which means it would be easy for him to combat Superman's martial arts.

Point is, Overall if ScrewAttack had gone into a bit more research into Goku's and Superman's statistics, they would have realized Goku is a lot more powerful than they made him out to be and that Superman is not as powerful as they made him out to be and that Goku would win.

-Cell never destroyed Solar anything.
Buu never destroyed Universal anything, since the DBZ "universe" is only four galaxies, iirc. What he did was rip a hole in space- time, which can't be scaled to his other abilities
I also hate Superman to much to mention specifics, so I found a respect thread instead:
http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-respect-thread-22840/

• Brohoof 1

-Cell never destroyed Solar anything.

Buu never destroyed Universal anything, since the DBZ "universe" is only four galaxies, iirc. What he did was rip a hole in space- time, which can't be scaled to his other abilities

I also hate Superman to much to mention specifics, so I found a respect thread instead:

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-respect-thread-22840/

Also, moving planet earth was not his best strength feat post crises, it was actually moving the mageddon device against his will and just look how huge it is in this image.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59221/2693479-mageddon.jpg

DBZ is SO inconsistent. Not as much as DC, but still, Goku is featless in comparison with Superman.

The Superman VS Goku fan fight should have never existed.

BUUUUUT it does exist, and I'm grateful for it. As mismatched as some battles are, it's just so informative and and entertaining to watch. ^^

• Brohoof 2

BUUUUUT it does exist, and I'm grateful for it. As mismatched as some battles are, it's just so informative and and entertaining to watch. ^^

Any kind of fan battle is very entertaining, but at the end, someone's heroes is going to lose, and the crybabies who can't accept it are going to annoy the other fans because that's how fanboys/fangirls behave.

• Brohoof 2

Any kind of fan battle is very entertaining, but at the end, someone's heroes is going to lose, and the crybabies who can't accept it are going to annoy the other fans because that's how fanboys/fangirls behave.

That's the nature of a fandom. Honestly, it doesn't bother me. I rooted for Shang Tsung against Akuma and Batman against Spiderman, and I accepted those loses, and I learned a bit from them. That, and I enjoyed the hell out of them.

Really, Death Battle isn't meant to be taken seriously. You can learn from it, but you're also there to enjoy it. This is why I kinda hope they do something like Federation vs Empire, even if it favors a curb stomp by one side. It'd just be epic to see it happen in Death Battle styles.

Of course, old fan animations work too...

RD vs Starscream being prime examples.

• 2 weeks later...

More Death Battles that I think should happen:

Fred Flintstone VS George Jetson
Homer Simpson VS Peter Griffin
Chucky VS The Leprechaun
Jason Voorhees VS Michael Myers
Light Yagami VS Lelouch Vi Brittania
Lord Bills VS Omega Shenron
Captain Universe VS Galactus

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

Chucky VS The Leprechaun

Fred Flinstone VS George Jetson

This goes easily to Jetson. Future > Past.

It would be a tie to me from a critic standpoint, but I love Homer way more.

Chucky VS Leprechaun

Somehow these two along Pennywise were the creepiest things to me as a child. When I grew up I realized how hilarious they actually were. This goes to Chucky. Chucky still has his human strength, and Leprechaun is way weaker. Even in magical powers, Chucky stomps Lucky Charms over here.

Jason VS Michael

Heh. Jason Voorhees is my childhood icon. Nothing stands over him to me. Jason stomps in any way. He has survived way worse damage and has hold his breath from Crystal Lake to Manhattan walking in the bottom of the sea. In the comics he flipped a car over with his bare hands, and he's much more immortal than Michael, who's overall a human with low immortality powers.

Toriyama already said it. Beerus was the most powerful warrior in DBZ, aside from Whiss who never fought in the movie. And yes, he said that even VEGITO was weaker than Beerus, probably even more than SsjGod Goku.

It's no secret that Vegito could achieve the Ssj3 form, and still, at Ssj he's already stronger than Ssj4 Gogeta. Beerus stomps Omega so hard it's not even funny.

Galactus for the win. Cap is powerful, but not that much.

Still waiting for Handy Mandy VS Bob the Builder...

Even though Bob would win. Talking machines > talking tools

Still would have been extremely fun to watch...

Please no... Bob is awesome, he doesn't need to kill... :(

Also, Handy Manny sucks. 

Please no... Bob is awesome, he doesn't need to kill...   Also, Handy Manny sucks.

True that... never watched Handy Mandy, but he is more or less a Bob-clone. Plus, I don't spend too much time with shows that try to teach me to count to five.

Not really. They'll use canon evidence, and none of the comics, books, or games count (at least in SW, as stated by Lucas), so it'll be movies in SW and show/movies for Star Trek. Based on that, anything from DS9 to Nemesis, would stomp the crap out of SW based on movies.

Well, they used the books and comics when they did the Luke Skywalker VS Harry Potter one, so I don't know. Would still be fun to watch, like the Eggman/Wily one.

Chucky VS The Leprechaun

-Jetson easily for having a huge tech advantage.

-I'd have to Peter for being able to wreck tons of shit whenever there's the 'Chicken vs. Peter' gag and he has that whole 'remember when etc.' toon force thing he has going.

-Haven't seen much so I can't say for certain though Darker seems convinced.

-I'd have to say Jason as he seems more powerful and better compared to the rather normal Michael.

-It'll be tough but I'll have to give it to Light on account that he seems to be more flawless in his execution of his plans compared to Lelouche who has made some mistakes that costed him.

-Darker has saw 'Word of God' Toryiama that beerus is more powerful than him so I can't argue against that.

-Going to what Darker said.

RD vs Starscream being prime examples.

You overestimated G1 Starscream. He was a wimp, shit Bumblebee kicked his ass once. He's by far, the weakest Starscream.

You overestimated G1 Starscream. He was a wimp, shit Bumblebee kicked his ass once. He's by far, the weakest Starscream.

Wimp or not, I still call bullshit on Rainbow using an extremely vague move to finish him and then proceeding to eat his spark.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

Wimp or not, I still call bullshit on Rainbow using an extremely vague move to finish him and then proceeding to eat his spark.

I don't. Starscream was nearly killed by strong wind, he's a pussy. Any other Starscream, and Dash would've been a stain.