Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorns vs US military?

Colorful Respawn

Ok, so I will provide some pointers to debate over for each side.

Alicorns- They have magic such as levitation, teleportation, etc. On the military side I don't they are ready for this kind of stuff, just yet.

Military- For the US military they have guns, explosives, heat seeking missiles, tanks, nuclear weaponry, jets, etc. The alicorns wouldn't stand a chance against a nuclear substance.

So this thread is a debate on who will win, Alicorns or the US military. That includes all branches.

You decide.  

EDIT: Now I'm adding OP OC alicorns to this, who do you think will win now? :P

Edited by Gemini Eclipsed

Alicorns, because more than half of the soldiers within the US military are bronies, and the rest are pegasisters.

Edited by Solid
  • Brohoof 15

Alicorns, b/c over half of the US army are bronies, and the rest are all pegasisters.

hahahahahahyahahaha.

Lol, Solid has a point.

However, if we weren't, we'd probably press the big red button. 

• Brohoof 2

Lol, Solid has a point.

However, if we weren't, we'd probably press the big red button. 

Which sounds the bell for lunchtime in the mess hall!

• Brohoof 1

I would think the Alicorns could defeat the US Army. ^^"

I mean, magic shields, they can change the weather at will.

That's quite a bit already. ^^"

• Brohoof 1

I would think the Alicorns could defeat the US Army. ^^"

I mean, magic shields, they can change the weather at will.

That's quite a bit already. ^^"

So we deal with them like they deal with wizards in the Dresdenverse. Anti-Materiel rifle from over a mile away. Their head is chunky salsa before they even hear the sound of the bullet being fired.

So we deal with them like they deal with wizards in the Dresdenverse. Anti-Materiel rifle from over a mile away. Their head is chunky salsa before they even hear the sound of the bullet being fired.

Magic.

Shields.

BRING IT ON!!! xD

So you're going to keep that shield up all the time? Have fun not having oxygen ;)

You know I'm talking about the Alicorns having shields, right? ^^

AND in "Three's a Crowd", Cadence put her and Twilight in a bubble/shield to hide away from Discord's germs.

From what I seen, they were breathing just fine. ^^

Just ONE alicorn could bring down the entire United States Military. Who needs guns when you have flight and magic?

And Friendship! ^^

Edited by Adorkable

I would love to see a alicorn dogfight a f22 or an a-10. And as for a battle, it really depends on just what they can do magically. So far the show hasn't canocialy shown any real major wmd class combat spells. However, they do have access to time travel magic.

I would love to see a alicorn dogfight a f22 or an a-10. And as for a battle, it really depends on just what they can do magically. So far the show hasn't canocialy shown any real major wmd class combat spells. However, they do have access to time travel magic.

*cough A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 cough* 

Did you not see the fight between sunbutt and Chrysalis? 

• Brohoof 2

There wouldn't even be a war between the alicorns and the military. The entire armed forces would die of utter cuteness before even getting the chance to draw their weapons.

Besides, the magic of friendship prevails over anything anyways  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

There wouldn't even be a war between the alicorns and the military. The entire armed forces would die of utter cuteness before even getting the chance to draw their weapons.

Awesome signature bro! I love Rainbow Dash to!

The taser laser fight? lol And sunbutt while temporarily stunned, suffered no permanent damage from that. And if that blast cannot kill a horse, I doubt it could do much to the active armor+ DU plate a tank wears.

The only way I can see the U.S military winning is if we launch a bunch of our nuclear/biological weapons on equestria in a first strike scenario in which the planet would become uninhabitable and most is not all life in equestria would be wiped out. Or if a sniper was somehow not detected and used a Barrett 50cal rifle and took out the Alicorns if they did not notice them. One hit with those things would do more than destroy their head. The key is not being detected for a first strike.

Or we come up with something similar to what we saw in X-men which the U.S military came up with a gun that shoots needles infused with power/magic removing drugs then they can take on Alicorns through conventional means because all you have are alicorns than can fly with no magic.

The main weakness for regular humans would be magic itself. The ponies themselves would not be a threat to our weaponry. Magic changes the game big time.

Unless we studied the ponies magic and came up with a bomb that would wipe away all magic or come with an armor that is shielded from magic, I dont think the U.S military has a shot unless there was a first strike with many nukes and biological weapons

Edited by FurzVette

Well, off the top of my head, Twilight Sparkle and Cadence did have those magic lasers in "Three's a Crowd" when they were fighting that big plant thing. ^^

Oh, and even though it's a comic book, Twilight Sparkle had that ice beam. ^^

In matters of defense, don't forget Shining Armor's magic shield spell. ^^

THIS.

Having actually served in the U.S. military, the navy specifically, we probably would not have fought against such a power, personally I would have defected to the alicorns. As a former serviceman, I can confess we were not the tough, muscle bound characters like G.I. Joe or Rambo, most of us were eighteen or nineteen, just out of high school, and no matter how harsh boot camp was, they could not remove our humanity, so if the alicorns looked like a powerful, benevolent force, most of us would not have open fire, also a lot of our equipment didn't always work out so well, whether it's small arms or new vehicles, we had an battle with our own equipment. As Patton said, " You can have all the tanks and planes in the world, it takes a little man with a rifle, to get the other man with a rifle, to surrender and sign the peace treaty," which is why the military were committed to training us, it is the trained soldier that is deadlier than air power or weapons of mass destruction, remember it took a human being to build it, so it takes a human being to prevent those weapons from being used, anyway the alicorns seem like a better option to our leadership in Washington, so it would be more likely more of us would surrender to the alicorns, whether magic was used or not.      

• Brohoof 4

You know I'm talking about the Alicorns having shields, right? ^^

AND in "Three's a Crowd", Cadence put her and Twilight in a bubble/shield to hide away from Discord's germs.

From what I seen, they were breathing just fine. ^^

Which implies a semi-permeable membrane... Plan b: NERVE GAS!

Alternatively, just have a bomb/device that reminds physics that work is to be done, and laugh as the alicorns are crushed under their own body weight, helpless as their magic violates the fundamental laws of this universe. Square/Cube law FTW!

Which implies a semi-permeable membrane... Plan b: NERVE GAS!

Alternatively, just have a bomb/device that reminds physics that work is to be done, and laugh as the alicorns are crushed under their own body weight, helpless as their magic violates the fundamental laws of this universe. Square/Cube law FTW!

True but their laws of physics violates our own which allows their magic to exist in the first place. But like you said launching a bunch of nuclear weapons in a first strike would not only kill all of the alicorns, but possibly wipe the planet they inhabit of life. But the strike must come quick and not noticed and all at once. If the ponies did not have magic, the war would be over very easily with U.S weaponry destroying them.

Edited by FurzVette

Well, if humans haven't had any actual contact with Magic before, wouldn't it be hard to plan a strategy to defend against it? ^^"

• Brohoof 1

True but their laws of physics violates our own which allows their magic to exist in the first place. But like you said launching a bunch of nuclear weapons in a first strike would not only kill all of the alicorns, but possibly wipe the planet they inhabit of life. But the strike must come quick and not noticed and all at once. If the ponies did not have magic, the war would be over very easily with U.S weaponry destroying them.

Yes, their laws of physics violate our own, meaning on their home turf they might stand a chance, but here on Earth they would die without a chance to fight as their precious magic fails to work.

Well, if humans haven't had any actual contact with Magic before, wouldn't it be hard to plan a strategy to defend against it? ^^"

Not really. If they shield themselves to try and survive a nuke, or even a high-yield conventional bomb, then the convective and radiative heat will still vaporize them.