Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You do realize a Human could kill Celestia?

Bendy

Yes...of course we all know that.    Mankind........greatest predator on Earth.   As well as being the most violent species ever to walk this planet, so yes..............we can kill Celestia.   B/C of our thirst for "supremacy" and showing our sense of "pride".    Commonly said in Sci-Fi films, yet it has been proven that we are like that, unfortunately.

Celestia has Star level durability considering that she was able to survive just fine on the Sun when Nightmare Moon banished her there and is able to move that star around through her telekinesis which further exhuberates her durability possibly.

While it's not to say that she can't be killed by a mage human (Emperor of Mankind from WH40k can defeat her for example), but unless said mage is able to mind attack her to death (as MLP has shown vulnerabilities to such spells) or other hax spells, she'll more likely outlast the person without even trying to kill him.

Edited by Nuke87654

Queen Arshtat had the power of the sun, thanks to the sun rune. It ended up corrupting her in the end since the dawn and twilight runes were stolen, but still, it gave her the power to lay waste to an entire village. She could've made her whole kingdom meet the same fate, and she was going to when the corruption took hold of her, before she was killed.

Think about this. If Arshtat could do that with a rune, imagine what a goddess with direct control over the sun could do. She could make the sun emit so much radiation on her enemies that it would be no contest. Then again, she did get beaten rather easily by Queen Chrysalis, although I suspect that Celestia gets her power from the sun, and since she was indoors and cut off from the sun, she was weakened.

If the human has a gun, then we could see Celestia dying or at least having a rocket launcher. Besides, she can be defeated.

Well that human has to either really hide themselves or have some armor that can deflect magic because if they are detected, they are done at least for a human without magic.

But with the gun example if lets say a special forces military human gets undetected and uses a Barrett  50 cal rifle and gets lucky enough to hit Celestia unnoticed, then I dont think she would have much of a head left.

• Brohoof 1

So there's a little known disease that inflects main characters in various shows, mostly children's shows. It's called MCI (Main Character Immunity) in which a character can not die without later being brought back to life and/or cheating death due to time travel, deals with the 'powers that be', ect.

Celestia suffers from a similar and even less well known illness, CPCI (Continuous Plot Contrivance Immunity) Meaning, she is to central to several plots and can not be killed off in a cannon way without dire repercussions. Therefore, she can not die.

post-24419-0-54207400-1395636921.gif

• Brohoof 2

Queen Arshtat had the power of the sun, thanks to the sun rune. It ended up corrupting her in the end since the dawn and twilight runes were stolen, but still, it gave her the power to lay waste to an entire village. She could've made her whole kingdom meet the same fate, and she was going to when the corruption took hold of her, before she was killed.

Think about this. If Arshtat could do that with a rune, imagine what a goddess with direct control over the sun could do. She could make the sun emit so much radiation on her enemies that it would be no contest. Then again, she did get beaten rather easily by Queen Chrysalis, although I suspect that Celestia gets her power from the sun, and since she was indoors and cut off from the sun, she was weakened.

first, celestia is never called a goddess...and i'm pretty sure she isn't

second, no she can't rain that much radiation on people, it would kill all the animals, and later the plants would die, she'd be committing suicide by destroying the ecosystem

She sits by a window upon her throne, all one would need is a M200 Intervention.

However, I banish the thought because violently killing a pony (especially Celestia) makes me freaking nauseated. DAMMIT, look what you done!! Do you want to horribly disfigure those cute faces!? Screw you!  :(

Edited by Windseeker
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just scratch her behind her ears and she already had lost.

The power of love. XD

That always works to calm her down if she's a My Little Human fan. 

Edited by Rush

Celestia suffers from a similar and even less well known illness, CPCI (Continuous Plot Contrivance Immunity) Meaning, she is to central to several plots and can not be killed off in a cannon way without dire repercussions. Therefore, she can not die.

D&D has creatures that can screw wit the laws of.. everything :o Aberrations, mainly.. Elder evils and such.

Still, I don't doubt celestia would be strong.. But then again, a lot of magic characters are also strong. Clearly stronger than celestia. 

Edited by Ardhacandra

just scoot a davy crockett under that pretty little throne, nothing survives that.

though you'd have to switch around the trigger mechanisms

on another note, i'd love to see her try to stand up to any plainswalker (mtg)

Actually Celestia isn't that powerful as she's been beaten by Chrysalis, Discord and would probably lose agaisnt Sombra if she's alone. So I imagine she could easily be killed by a huma wizard.

I kinda think she was holding back. I think she falls into the trope of a being who has infinite power, but is afraid to use that power due to how destructive it can be. And her powers work on more than the sun, since for 1000 years, she also raised the moon. She could've easily sent QC flying, but they were in a building, and inside the barrier, so there wouldn't have been a point.

first, celestia is never called a goddess...and i'm pretty sure she isn't

second, no she can't rain that much radiation on people, it would kill all the animals, and later the plants would die, she'd be committing suicide by destroying the ecosystem

Well, she could just use focused heat blasts then. But Celestia doesn't strike me as the kind who would take a life. She would rather reform when possible I think, jail being 2nd resort, killing being the absolute last resort.

Just scratch her behind her ears and she already had lost.

The best way to deal with one like Celestia. She's a peaceful being, so it's best to answer peace with peace :D

I kinda think she was holding back. I think she falls into the trope of a being who has infinite power, but is afraid to use that power due to how destructive it can be. And her powers work on more than the sun, since for 1000 years, she also raised the moon. She could've easily sent QC flying, but they were in a building, and inside the barrier, so there wouldn't have been a point.

Well, she could just use focused heat blasts then. But Celestia doesn't strike me as the kind who would take a life. She would rather reform when possible I think, jail being 2nd resort, killing being the absolute last resort.

I think you put too much stock in her, sure she is powerful enough to move the sun and moon but her powers are quite obviously limited due to the fact that she needed the elements of harmony to defeat her sister and discord

if her powers were unlimited she wouldn't have needed the elements

• Brohoof 1

Well that human has to either really hide themselves or have some armor that can deflect magic because if they are detected, they are done at least for a human without magic.

But with the gun example if lets say a special forces military human gets undetected and uses a Barrett  50 cal rifle and gets lucky enough to hit Celestia unnoticed, then I dont think she would have much of a head left.

Exactly, I'd have to agree with you on that. You would need to stay undetected, have special armor to combat against magic, and have a plan ready.