Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question (Sorry! i dont know where to but it!)

WickedDarkness
Go to solution Solved by Sugar Cube,

Hey sorry for asking a question here but i have been kind of confused lately because of all of this oc stuff and abbreviations that i have no idea what they mean. I was just looking for a little help or something like a guide for me so i can actually start doing stuff on the forum. This is my first time ever dealing with a forum so i dont how to post ect. As you can see above i said something random in my topic tag because i have no clue what it is. Thanks for your help and maybe ill be able to ask my questions inthe right place next time.

Sorry for all of the spelling errors in that one.

• Brohoof 1

Hey there.

OC stands for Original Character, basically a pony that you make and name yourself and write out a backstory for. You can create a pony using OC generators on websites such as Deviantart or draw your own if you have the talent. Once created you can up load this picture and write a background for it in the Forum section called "Character Database". 

This way you can just copy & past a link to people if your new OC page  to use it in roleplays (RP's. theres a section devoted to that) or to just show other people.

• Brohoof 4

Hiya, @@WickedDarkness, I went ahead and moved your thread to the 'Site Questions & Tech Support' subforum where you are likely to receive plenty of help.

For starters, you may wish to consult the forum's Official Resource Map, as it contains a lot of helpful articles to get you going. Take some time to look it over and I am sure it will answer many of your questions. :)

http://mlpforums.com/forum-19/announcement-3-mlp-forums-official-resource-map/

• Brohoof 3

Malinter and Sugar Cube seem to have addressed your first two concerns, but don't hesitate to ask for further clarification if you are still confused.

A topic tag basically assists in the organization of forum topics. It's good to make them relevant to the topic at hand, but that's not enforced. The only thing we enforce in regard to tags is that profanity is not allowed in them. Additionally, profanity is not allowed in titles.

You can read more in-depth about the topic tag system in this FAQ article.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.