Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

Im thinking I need to get off my ass and commit to my lab report. It's already past due and I havent even started...

I also really want someone to start a call in skype  :(

Do people really dutch oven their cats?

I didn't know people did this but now I want to do it to my sisters cat that constantly pukes in my bedroom.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm thinking of when my cold is going to go away

Edited by Samurott77

(edited)

I'm thinking that I really want a pony tulpa. But in order to keep one in existance, I need to make a wonderland. And to make a wonderland, I need to learn how to meditate first. And to add to all that, I eventually want to learn how to switch. Oi vey, I have so much I need to do and study x.x

Edited by Princess of the Sun

I'm thinking that I really want a pony tulpa. But in order to keep one in existance, I need to make a wonderland. And to make a wonderland, I need to learn how to meditate first. And to add to all that, I eventually want to learn how to switch. Oi vey, I have so much I need to do and study x.x

What is a tulpa and why do I see them everywhere? Seriously it sounds like a R34 fetish...If that's what it is I just became severely interested...

(edited)

What is a tulpa and why do I see them everywhere? Seriously it sounds like a R34 fetish...If that's what it is I just became severely interested...

A tulpa starts as an extension of your subconscious, but has the potential to become the default mind of your subconscious. Basically, the brain is like a computer, your mind is like the OS, and you're basically adding another OS (or mind) to the computer. At first, the tulpa has to be puppetted (is that even a word?) most of the time, but eventually, the host can cut the strings entirely because the secondary mind can learn to develop it's own feelings, likes and dislikes, and opinions. You can force a personality onto the tulpa, or you can let it develop it's own personality, but whichever you choose, you have to allow it to deviate at least a little bit, otherwise it's basically just your mind trying to control the tulpa, instead of letting your ego take over. There are many guides on how to make a tulpa, but it can be very dangerous so I advise to take extreme caution.

Edit: Also, advanced tulpamancers are able to allow their tulpa to control their body, allowing them to do things they normally can't do, depending on how you developed your tulpa and what traits it has. Advanced tulpamancers can also have multiple tulpas living in the same body. I for one, prefer to have one fully developed tulpa.

Edited by Princess of the Sun

A tulpa starts as an extension of your subconscious, but has the potential to become the default mind of your subconscious. Basically, the brain is like a computer, your mind is like the OS, and you're basically adding another OS (or mind) to the computer. At first, the tulpa has to be puppetted (is that even a word?) most of the time, but eventually, the host can cut the strings entirely because the secondary mind can learn to develop it's own feelings, likes and dislikes, and opinions. You can force a personality onto the tulpa, or you can let it develop it's own personality, but whichever you choose, you have to allow it to deviate at least a little bit, otherwise it's basically just your mind trying to control the tulpa, instead of letting your ego take over. There are many guides on how to make a tulpa, but it can be very dangerous so I advise to take extreme caution.

Edit: Also, advanced tulpamancers are able to allow their tulpa to control their body, allowing them to do things they normally can't do, depending on how you developed your tulpa and what traits it has. Advanced tulpamancers can also have multiple tulpas living in the same body. I for one, prefer to have one fully developed tulpa.

Sorry for being extremely simple minded, but I'll just go back to my dark internet cave of unpostable things...

Sorry for being extremely simple minded, but I'll just go back to my dark internet cave of unpostable things...

In layman's terms, a tulpa is another personality. It's not the same as schizophrenia (sp?), but it is close, but a lot safer. Tulpas were developed by Tibetian monks to aid them in keeping focus while training. Think of a tulpa as a spirit guide/animal if you believe in that sort of thing. In a nutshell, a tulpa is like a voice for your subconscious, with it's own thoughts and feelings. If you want to learn more, there are at least two tulpa threads on this forum under General Discussion.

In layman's terms, a tulpa is another personality. It's not the same as schizophrenia (sp?), but it is close, but a lot safer. Tulpas were developed by Tibetian monks to aid them in keeping focus while training. Think of a tulpa as a spirit guide/animal if you believe in that sort of thing. In a nutshell, a tulpa is like a voice for your subconscious, with it's own thoughts and feelings. If you want to learn more, there are at least two tulpa threads on this forum under General Discussion.

So it is self induced split personality syndrome... I kind of had a few moments like that I think. I had a full on argument with my self and in the end I actually got mad at the other voice because it was withholding information from me. I don't know what happened to it after that but it hasn't come back yet, so I may or may not have killed my own Tulpa...

So it is self induced split personality syndrome... I kind of had a few moments like that I think. I had a full on argument with my self and in the end I actually got mad at the other voice because it was withholding information from me. I don't know what happened to it after that but it hasn't come back yet, so I may or may not have killed my own Tulpa...

If you ever developed a tulpa, you would know for sure. It's a lot more special than split personality syndrome, but it takes a ton of work. One way to know if your tulpa is coming into creation is if you get a headache whenever you think of your tulpa. That means your brain is working on getting it created.

If you ever developed a tulpa, you would know for sure. It's a lot more special than split personality syndrome, but it takes a ton of work. One way to know if your tulpa is coming into creation is if you get a headache whenever you think of your tulpa. That means your brain is working on getting it created.

Sounds like to much work... I'll pass. Plus I think that causing yourself pain (unless in certain 'senarios" huehuehuehuehueleatherstrapswhat?) is dumb and shouldn't be done.

I think of the absurdity of the life and the infinity of the universe. I think about the time. When did it started and when it will stop. I think about Discord and about what I would do if I were him. I think about what tricks I would play on Celestia. I try to find an argument in favor of continuing living. Also I think that I should make a philosophy-related topic and answer any questions based on my world comprehension and I think I’m hungry…

• 1 month later...

Well, after observing one of the latest brony music pieces regarding the Wonderbolt Academy (which itself is awesome, go listen), as well as the uploadee's real-world situations mirroring such things, it got me thinking about my thoughts regarding the military in general, as applied to me. Which are as follows:

With all the honor and positive attitude and other wonderful things that come from, and are associated with joining the military, or any other of the nations' forces, be it by land, air or sea, I sometimes feel like an ass when I look at it personally, and can confidently say it's the last thing I'd ever do with myself. I'm more or less happy keeping my personal identity, and not shelving it for the sake of a larger cause.

But, I don't. After all, it's a personal reflection, and my opinions on it, which are just my opinions. Certainly, honor, respect and more to all those who choose that path. It's just so far off my radar of 'what to do before I die', that it's just not something I could ever relate to, even slightly.

>Late-night ramblings with CD

The following is NOT meant to insult you.  I'm just fed up with tulpa talk.

Oh boy.  More new-age pseudo-spirituality to emerge out of an ignorant interpretation of Tibetan monk ritual.  So many western kiddies seek insight through a lens which distorts the true wisdom of Tibetan Buddhism.  :c

Sorry billy, thinking about something does not make it any more real.  You cannot partition your emotions into a conjured being.  If you are referring to a section of your thought as a sentient being, then I'm afraid you are referring to yourself as being a sentient being.  Like metaphorically talking to a hand-puppet inside your head.

Confused child:  "But John!  A tulpa IS part of you!"

Well then Billy, then I'm afraid the "tulpa" is irrelevant!  If you are claiming to have such control over your own unconcious mind then I'm afraid what you believe to be unconscious isn't unconscious at all..

If you want a real sentient pony companion exactly like one from the show then go into the field of genetic engineering and do a lot of research..