Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

I'm just thinking about my plans for today. I might go to Lowe's later this afternoon to pick up a new water filter. I always get excited about going to Lowe's because of a certain race car driver. :dash:

On 4/14/2018 at 4:13 AM, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I really cant say what I am thinking!

Why is that? Did your thought involve Twilight? :toldya:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

what i'm think about is not coming to school and get to  be rainbow dash get to  go ponyville  i keep on thinking about that everyday

Edited by princess celestia2

Every time a person has visited my profile I get honestly curious about what brought them there. :huh:

Ugh I don't like Wednesday nights; it's a whole 'nother week before I can see you-know-who, and it's a win-lose situation; they go by fast, but then that means life is going by fast, slowly and the wait is just gruuuueling but I guess life isn't so fast then :scoots: .

I'm honestly considering getting a dog, maybe not now, maybe in a few years?  Never had a dog before, always had cats so I wouldn't know how to take are of one all that well...

58 minutes ago, Thuja said:

I'm honestly considering getting a dog, maybe not now, maybe in a few years?  Never had a dog before, always had cats so I wouldn't know how to take are of one all that well...

If you want a dog, then the best thing to do is to research breeds beforehand. Find out about their temperaments, the amount of space that they require, and the amount of exercise that they need, as every dog is different. Some are happy in small houses, and some need a larger area to run. Perhaps most importantly, find out about any health issues that are linked to the breed. For example, pugs have respiratory problems, and some spaniels can develop a condition called Rage Syndrome, although it's highly unlikely. If you want a good dog, and you have the time and energy for it, there's no dog that I can recommend more highly than a field-bred English Springer Spaniel, not a show-bred one. They need a lot of exercise, but they are a highly intelligent breed that is known for being great with other animals, and for being very loyal and obedient. One of the specialties of this breed is that the average Springer will have a hold so delicate that it can carry an egg in its mouth without breaking it. The only thing is, they can get quite bored if they're left alone for too long, and they can become destructive due to their pent up energy, which is why you need time and energy for them. They love to swim, so if you took one for a run in a field, or a swim in a lake, it'd soon tire out and be satisfied. My father used to have one when he was young. He told it to sit, and then my grandmother called him inside, and he forgot about it. He came out three hours later and found it waiting for him right where he'd left it. It was just that obedient.

english-springer-spaniel-10-months-male-

6 hours ago, EightBit said:

If you want a dog, then the best thing to do is to research breeds beforehand. Find out about their temperaments, the amount of space that they require, and the amount of exercise that they need, as every dog is different. Some are happy in small houses, and some need a larger area to run. Perhaps most importantly, find out about any health issues that are linked to the breed. For example, pugs have respiratory problems, and some spaniels can develop a condition called Rage Syndrome, although it's highly unlikely. If you want a good dog, and you have the time and energy for it, there's no dog that I can recommend more highly than a field-bred English Springer Spaniel, not a show-bred one. They need a lot of exercise, but they are a highly intelligent breed that is known for being great with other animals, and for being very loyal and obedient. One of the specialties of this breed is that the average Springer will have a hold so delicate that it can carry an egg in its mouth without breaking it. The only thing is, they can get quite bored if they're left alone for too long, and they can become destructive due to their pent up energy, which is why you need time and energy for them. They love to swim, so if you took one for a run in a field, or a swim in a lake, it'd soon tire out and be satisfied. My father used to have one when he was young. He told it to sit, and then my grandmother called him inside, and he forgot about it. He came out three hours later and found it waiting for him right where he'd left it. It was just that obedient.

english-springer-spaniel-10-months-male-

I once in a while check out the local shelters and kijijij to get a feel for what types of dogs are available around me, it's mainly Labradors, pugs and chihuahuas.  I doubt I'm getting a dog any time soon but it's something I like to think about every so often.  One of these days though, I would like to get a dog.  I would like to get one when my finances are a bit more stable(which probably means years from now??), my cat's vet bills can be quite a handful as it is.