Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

I want to walk from the east coast of the United States to the west coast. I love the Great Plains :fluttershy: I want to go back to Nebraska.

9 hours ago, TBD said:

work, work, work, work, work.

Work, slave, work! :yay:

5 hours ago, Dusk Noire said:

I'm thinking about my life, and the thoughts are depressing to say the least.

Oh... my :blush:

4 hours ago, Methuselah said:

Work, slave, work! :yay:

9 hours ago, Dusk Noire said:

Thinking: "That was actually pretty funny!"

Thinking about why family from father's side try to convince me that just *wanting* a Starlight plushie is a bad plushie. For me it doesn't matter, that it's big af (between 50 and 130cm) and expensive (1 200 PLN or a bit over 300 USD). I had just said that I want to buy plushie and everyone got mad for "no reason".

2 hours ago, Rawzy said:

Being depressed and lonely. Being around other people that have heaps of friends to talk to is depressing when you know you have nobody.

Same. Best part is not caring enough to bother trying to get more friends, or trying and just picking another batch that turn out to be backstabbers.

I've been thinking and wondering about what colors everybody sees the world in. I mean, what I see as red, for example, may be seen by others as the color I know as blue. We all identify colors by the name they're given, but what colors do each of us actually see as individuals? Do we all see the same color, or something completely different? 

Am I over-analyzing this? 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I've been thinking and wondering about what colors everybody sees the world in. I mean, what I see as red, for example, may be seen by others as the color I know as blue. We all identify colors by the name they're given, but what colors do each of us actually see as individuals? Do we all see the same color, or something completely different? 

I wouldn't say so. I was thinking about this a month ago and it's quite interesting actually. 

I personally think that we interpret and associate them differently. Perhaps that's why we prefer some colours over others. Because we see them in a way that appeals to us. Quite interesting to think about :)

10 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Probably. The bits of your brain that trigger on "blue" images may not be the same as for mine, but really you have been shown a sample of "blue" (which is a constant, as it is a surface that reflects that wavelength of light) and told to associate those triggers with the word "blue" - so while your experience of blueness may not match mine, the colour you react to is the same.

I'm thinking and worrying about petty issues I have with my interhuman relationships, both online and off. It's a reflection of sorts, but I'm doing a sloppy job on that so far because I can't seem to get over nor understand much about the connections I have with others. I keep having this small negative thing I carry around me everywhere that keeps preventing me from making the most of the time and company of my friends. It's getting more and more frustrating, and how I really have a hard time keeping up strong friendships with many, even my closest of friends. I mean, am I changing, are they changing, or am I just refusing to change?  I just have way too many doubts in myself and in other. It's really just a mess in my head at this point, I don't even really know what to do. As always. :sunny:

I'll be fine though, I'm sure. I've been through this for 14 years, 14 more can't possibly hurt more. :D 

Edited by Wannabrony

23 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

It wasn't turned on. I was quoting the movie 'Airplane'.

Oh... :muffins: I didn't get it since I haven't seen the film, and it just..  flew right over my head. :mlp_icwudt:

But yeah, I didn't get the joke before, but now I do. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Wannabrony said:

Oh... :muffins: I didn't get it since I haven't seen the film, and it just..  flew right over my head. :mlp_icwudt:

But yeah, I didn't get the joke before, but now I do. ^_^

Not a problem. Its a great 80s slapstick comedy back when comedies were funny and not all about bathroom jokes. The sequel is not as good but it has William Shatner hamming it up. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

On 9/1/2018 at 10:42 PM, Cash In said:

I wouldn't say so. I was thinking about this a month ago and it's quite interesting actually. 

I personally think that we interpret and associate them differently. Perhaps that's why we prefer some colours over others. Because we see them in a way that appeals to us. Quite interesting to think about :)

17 hours ago, Cypherhoof said:

Probably. The bits of your brain that trigger on "blue" images may not be the same as for mine, but really you have been shown a sample of "blue" (which is a constant, as it is a surface that reflects that wavelength of light) and told to associate those triggers with the word "blue" - so while your experience of blueness may not match mine, the colour you react to is the same.

Thanks to both of you for some interesting food for thought. You make a lot of sense. Now I really have something to think about! :P

I'm thinking about how I should spend the rest of this night. Should I try to rest up for tomorrow, or should I try to be productive and do some of the countless tasks that are staring me in the face tonight? Decisions, decisions...