Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dead Space: The Equestria Incident

Dattebayo

Let me sell you my comic, friend, if you have the time...

I'll tell you right now, it does not involve the Mane 6.

This is written in a way that could make you say "holy crap, this could've happened in the canon and we might never know..."

So, after Dead Space 3 came out, I ate it up big time (I'm a big fan of the series, even though I'm a big puss and I', very squeamish).

After the first day of playing it, I dreamt. I swear, it was like some movie I was seeing through a TV.

I dreamt of a big sory full of sadness, of lost love, of horror...of ponies.

I dreamt of a red and pink haired unicorn getting pinned down by a necromorph pony and her yelling for help.

I woke up that morning and tired my best to remember what that last bit looked like:

img-2448917-1-necropony_attack_by_datteb

For the sake of eating up time, I made up a backstory with my brother and put names and descriptions to characters,scenarios to events, faces to deaths...and I started becoming interested in making this. I'm not that good of a writer and I can't animate, but I know the elements of a good movie and I sure as hell can draw, so I decided to make it official and make it a comic.

This is the cover page.

img-2448917-2-page_0__dead_space__the_eq

My skills have improved since last year, don't worry. x)

The story is, basically, that during the timeframe set up in episode 1 and 2 of Season 2 (Return of Harmony), it's revealed that before Discord got loose, the Solar Empire was preparing to launch a spaceship into orbit. The purpose of this experiment was to see if all of ponykind was ready for the stresses space travel and exploration.

That ship was called the "SESEV (Solar Empire Space Exploration Vessel) Equestria".

Launch was successful, but when Discord was released from his stony prison, he inadvertently created a rift in dimensions and (through a series of events), presented the crew of the SESEV Equestria with an evil alien artifact: a red Marker. If any of you have played Dead Space, you'll know what comes next: madness, zombies, and things that usually come with those two.

The story follows a timid engineer named Righty Tighty aboard the SESEV Equestria in her journey to escape the madness that consumes the SESEV, as well as Princess Celestia (on the ground) as she has to deal with both the events of Return of Harmony and an unknown alien menace.

Now, I only did this for myself, as I could never forgive myself if I just let it rot in my head, but much to my surprise, I received a nice steady fanbase who makes fanart of my comic and anxiously awaits the next wave of pages. I'm pretty happy with it, so far.

This story, unfortunately, is not a happy one.

Of course there's a lot of good laughs in it *(if I know one thing, it's comedy), but (like Dead Space) has a tone of despair and hopelessness around it.

It's also ripe with gore, for lack of a better word.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Gore?!" I know...I'm not a big fan of gore, myself.

I HATE gore, it makes me squeamish and sad, ESPECIALLY when there's ponies invovled...

But this is a Dead Space crossover (Necromorphs aren't known for playing nice...), and if you manage to look past that, you'll see why people have praised it for it's likable characters and believable dialogue and for it's tense sequences of action and horror, among other things.

I've even managed to drawn in nonbronies and people who don't even LIKE Dead Space.

So, if you'd like, please give it a chance? You might be surprised.

Here are a few random pages to get you interested...

-edited for fear of BNSFW warning-

img-2448917-4-page_41__dead_space__the_e

img-2448917-5-page_116__dead_space__the_

If I managed to pique your interest, here's my dA and here's the gallery that contains all 136 pages so far. I encourage you to read a few pages before claiming it's just another dumb meaningless crossover.

Thank you for your time.

keelah Si'lai.

----------

No one, eh?

Okay, here's some more promotional art, some by me, some not.

This one's by me.

If anyone's read the Walking Dead compendiums, they'd know the reference.

img-2448917-6-__influence____dead_space_

The first necromorph pony the main character encounters, a cook named Butterscotch.

img-2448917-7-recombination__dead_space_

An awesome poster made by a fan.

Looks like a movie poster. :D

img-2448917-8-dead_space_the_equestria_i

And here's a page another fan digitilized.

img-2448917-9-dstei_page_136__digitalize

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dead Space Yupyupyupyuuuuuuup!

hell i love dead Space, i proclaimed myself biggest dead Space fanboy of the forums a few times already :P

this, i'm definitely reading this. and then again, and again...

you sir, just made my day!

take my brohoofs, all of them!

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

Dead Space Yupyupyupyuuuuuuup!

hell i love dead Space, i proclaimed myself biggest dead Space fanboy of the forums a few times already :P

this, i'm definitely reading this. and then again, and again...

you sir, just made my day!

take my brohoofs, all of them!

I bet I'M bigger fan good sir! :D

God, I thought no one was gonna look at this thread. x)

• Brohoof 1

That's awesome, I'm a huge dead space fan and I'll for sure be following this. But got to ask didn't fluffle puff find the marker?

Edited by Digit

That's awesome, I'm a huge dead space fan and I'll for sure be following this. But got to ask didn't fluffle puff find the marker?

Man, F*CK Fluffle Puff. x)

Thanks! You won't be disappointed. :)

• 3 months later...

For the...let's see...two of you who care.

DSTEI has gone digital!

page_161__dead_space__the_equestria_inci

If you haven't read DSTEI yet, I suggest you do, because you seem like a cool person, and cool people read other people's comics, amirite?