Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming (Rumor) PewDiePie getting bought by Disney?

Adorkable

Right! ^^ Honestly, I would want Disney to buy another Youtuber. :P

Well, he's probably a common target for major industries. ^^"

Just listened to TotalBiscuit's take on this. He's just as confused as we all are, and isn't sure exactly what's going to happen, but he basically had 2 rules.

1) Pay him on time

2) Don't eff with his stuff (not his original words but changed to avoid risking breaking the rules)

If Disney honors both of those, then he'll work with Disney, but if either of those is no longer a factor, then he'll just leave. So we can all rest well, knowing that TB will continue to be himself. Even if he no longer has support from the studio.

Edited by Ryudo

I don' think Disney is going to want to buy stupid youtuber's. There are many things that would come way before that.

Did you think the same thing before the Annoying Orange or Fred?

Sure it's Nick, but still, they're pretty big too.

Why would Disney buy a Youtuber?! -_- I dont have anything against Felix but FELIX?! Swearing, perverted yeah. I'm a fan but he keeps talking about hooters. Plus I dont think he'll accept because he's already earning a lot of money! Disney isn't really where he fits.

This can't be true. Disney would never use guys like PewDiePie, who speaks forth horrible rape jokes.

That's exactly what I thought.

No surprise. They're probably scoping out Hasbro and DC Comics now.

If that ever happens, if they so much as try to acquire Hasbro, I think there will be a lot of angry bronies standing between them and Hasbro. And they'll have torches and pitchforks. Although Disney buying Hasbro wouldn't make me quit the fandom, I would be extremely saddened and angered that MLP would be getting sullied by Disney's bad name. Old Disney was the shit, but if Walt woke up and saw what the new Disney was like, he would go back into his cryogenic chamber or give himself a heart attack.

• Brohoof 1

Wow.

Wondering what Disney wants YouTube gamers for....

I dunno, you know how those big companies are.

If they don't have everyone's money, then they're not rich enough.

I wouldn't care if they bought out people like Pewdiepie and Yogscast. They aren't good anyway. I'll keep on with my RabbidLuigi and Fawful's Minion fan-ness anyway. They aren't all that popular. A few hundred thousand views on their videos and only about a few thousand subscribers (one may or may not be me :P)

Who knows? After this, people might actually realize how low quality Disney's productions are. That would be a good thing.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

Anyway, Disney has bigger fish to fry without having to buy anything that Youtube has. Disney can buy better things than a simple guy who makes Youtube videos. But if it helps the ad revenue for Disney, then it's good then.

You're right, he is simple (in the head). Pewdiepie is a waste man and his fanbase are obnoxious. Who would want to buy him anyway?

Hey everypony. ^^

I have an update on the whole situation.

Apparently, it's true. But not in ways you would think.

Read the full article here, by the king of bros himself.

I too see whatchu did there.

They might actually.  It's Disney after all.  They need to compete with Nickelodeon and all that.  Nickelodeon has...-shivers-Freeed.  So Disney is going to be wanting a Youtuber as well!

But PewDiePie?  I'm not sure.  I don't watch his videos, but is this something that he would agree too?  He must know that it could potentially ruin his hobby/career/Idon'tknowanythingabouthim.

(Edit: Ah, okay Cx)

Edited by Feather Gem

You're right, he is simple (in the head). Pewdiepie is a waste man and his fanbase are obnoxious. Who would want to buy him anyway?

Well, if a corporation sees something that they want to make a profit off of they will take advantage on that opportunity. :P But, yeah his fanbase is pretty obnoxious.