Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not receiving proper notifications

Flutter's lover <3

Lately, whenever someone quotes my post, I don't get a notification saying so. I only get the usual notification of someone replying to the topic. I don't know if it's a bug or not.

Though, I noticed when I went to my preferences, that the only "Quote" notification there was, was one for topics I don't follow.(outlined in pink on my screenshot) So I'm guessing I don't get "quote" notifications because I'm following said topic.

Would it be possible to implement  a "quoted post" notification for topics I do follow?

fgoAloM.png

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Hey , I'm really sorry for the late reply. Are you still having problems with this at all?

Yea, still having the issue. I get the odd quote notification from a topic I've not subscribed to. But I don't always get them. It seems to work for certain threads only.

I think there should be the option of getting quote notifications even if you do subscribe to the thread. Along with the current option I have outlined in pink.

• Brohoof 1

Yea, still having the issue. I get the odd quote notification from a topic I've not subscribed to. But I don't always get them. It seems to work for certain threads only.

I think there should be the option of getting quote notifications even if you do subscribe to the thread. Along with the current option I have outlined in pink.

Only receiving notifications for topics one has not followed seems to be an intended feature as opposed to a technical issue, so I would recommend posting a new topic about it in the Feedback & Suggestions forum section if you feel that it should be changed.

However, not receiving notifications for when your posts are quoted in topics that you are not following would definitely be a technical issue, as long as you double check your notification options to ensure that they are set correctly.

I will see if any of the technical administrators can investigate this issue.

• Brohoof 1

Flutterdash, you mention that the quoted-post notifications appear to work for specific topics and not others. Could I please ask you to provide links to two specific topics in which they work and two in which they do not? That would help in identifying the issue.

• Brohoof 1

Flutterdash, you mention that the quoted-post notifications appear to work for specific topics and not others. Could I please ask you to provide links to two specific topics in which they work and two in which they do not? That would help in identifying the issue.

I forget which topics it does it for, but if it happens again, I'll let you know. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Yea I got a quote notification in this thread today, It was rather random. It's a topic that I follow as well.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/82112-mlpf-world-cup-friendlies/page-70#entry2708202

This has been the only instance I've noticed since starting this thread. I also got an email notification saying my post was quoted.