Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much/often do you exercise?

SilverStarApple

How often do you exercise, and what exercises do you do?

I personally work on cardio, speed and strength as much as possible. I'm young, but my family doesn't really have the best history when it comes to health. I'd like to become healthier, so I exercise.

What about you guys?

I used to move a lot more when I was younger, now I spend most of my time at the PC, and take the dog out for a walk when asked.

Nothing much. I'm also 18 so it's a bit sad my body wouldn't develop much anymore, even if I began serious exercises now.

Edited by RandomnessInside

I do. Not as much as I'd like to, but I do.

I'm trying to get myself a membership to a gym but until then I go on long walks carrying a backpack.

I usually go anywhere from 4 to 12 miles.

Flexes muscles*

I'm an all-rounder.

Gym at least 3 times a week, upper-body strength, endurance and stamina. (Bench-press, chinnies and push-ups) 

Martial arts taekwondo (Dan I) 

Former competitive swimmer.

fitness runs sprints in the family.

Anytime, whenever I can. I'm an athlete, so I play sports half the year, and train on my own all year. If I wanna be a fighter pilot, gotta have the toughest body around, right? 

Aside from whatever sport I'm playing, I do cardio (usually long distance running or sprints) High intensity low repetition weight lifting and calisthenics (body weight exercises). 

• Brohoof 2

Does getting up to go from the computer to my room for video games count?

That's literally all the exercise I get. Mostly because I don't even think about exercise most days. It's hardly a priority in my life.

Edited by Discordian

My job as a dairy clerk at a grocery store is very physically demanding, I break down and work loads which can include lifting cases as heavy as 80 pounds depending on how much of meat department and services deli's stuff gets mixed in with mine (those meat boxes are heavy but nothing I can't handle). I also do weight lifting along with some cardio 2 times a week, I sometimes have to slow down and have had to call in sick to work and miss work outs because I have a bad knee. With working out though I can go at my own pace but with actual work I can't do that and will often push myself too hard because of all the pressure on me.

At most, I exercise once a week at a gym, usually on a Saturday. I do some weight lifting, then run on the treadmill for a while.

Now if you count walking to and from classes, then it's basically everyday I suppose.

I usually run 2 to 3 miles, 2 to 3 days a week. In the winter i run the treadmill at the gym. In the summer time i do a lot more. I have summer chores such as splitting and stacking firewood. I also walk the forrest with my mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun in a holster on my back. There are a lot of predators such as brown bears, and wolves where i live. A mother moose can be really dangerous to stumble across too.

Well, i work out everyday for a good 2 hours.  Work mostly on Cardio, and upper body.  Legs, I mostly jog around my block, so thats fine.   Whole body, I use my local gyms swimming pool, :D

I mostly do that, b/c im asthmatic so its good for my respiratory system.

• Brohoof 1

I do High Intensity Interval Training after waking up, and before sleeping. On monday, wednesday and friday I do power training, each day targetting one of the following: Legs, Arms & Back, Core. I rest during the weekend.

The exercises I do aren't that intensive, I try to keep my body slim and just a little muscley, which looks a lot better on me than bigger muscles that come with the regular workouts.

Overall, I'm feeling a lot better since I've started exercising. I feel healthy, more alert and a lot more happy. I recommend everyone doing at least light exercises.

• Brohoof 3

Does getting up to go from the computer to my room for video games count?

That's literally all the exercise I get. Mostly because I don't even think about exercise most days. It's hardly a priority in my life.

Same here.

However it appears as though my sleep disorder has screwed with my metabolism. So I'll have to get more active if I don't want to start putting on pounds.

I don't. Ever.

I actually tried lifting weights one time. I pushed myself so hard, my arms were literally completely stiff the next day >.<

Well, I don't particularly exercise, but I'm active in just doing whatever when I feel like it. Soccer, walking, jogging, tennis, that kind of thing. At the moment it's everyday of the week but that's because of Gym. Normally it's not very often but when the weather is nice I might try to find something.

I do full cardio workout on a daily basis, I take sundays to rest. So I do like 5 or 6 days a week. I've been jogging for like 30 minutes+, then started HIIT cardio workout, then shifted back to jogging, I want to lose all the weight possible before weight lifting. :P

I do High Intensity Interval Training after waking up, and before sleeping. On monday, wednesday and friday I do power training, each day targetting one of the following: Legs, Arms & Back, Core. I rest during the weekend.

The exercises I do aren't that intensive, I try to keep my body slim and just a little muscley, which looks a lot better on me than bigger muscles that come with the regular workouts.

Overall, I'm feeling a lot better since I've started exercising. I feel healthy, more alert and a lot more happy. I recommend everyone doing at least light exercises.

you are so much awesome!!! :o

I've been doing HIIT cardio workot for couple of weeks andthat thing literally wrecks you, I do a 20 minutes brutal ladder workout, look for that on youtube if you're interested. I always take 10 seconds off of it in the first 3 rounds because it's just too much xD

You need a ridiculously amount of stamina to get through that, I would call my stamina very average sadly.

Six times a week at my local gym; three cardio, two light cardio and upper body, and one yoga. Only about an hour right now but I might add another thirty minutes soon. 

Add in an addition 2 mile walk there and back.

Edited by Scrambles