Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much/often do you exercise?

SilverStarApple

I don't. Ever.

I actually tried lifting weights one time. I pushed myself so hard, my arms were literally completely stiff the next day >.<

Morpheus: "Because you've never used them."

This happened to me years ago at my school's fitness center: I tried doing a bunch of exercises with which I wasn't familiar, and my muscles killed me for a good week. It's largely about stretching and getting your muscles accustomed to the stress. Break down, build up, and rest -- but know which parts of your body you want to target. A personal trainer is a good way to introduce yourself to gradual exercise.

As for myself, I'm currently on a novice strength building program: squats, bench press, overhead press, and rows are essential parts of my routines. (I can't power clean to save my life, largely because I lack the proper limberness in my arms. It also doesn't help that I'm rather tall for someone who lifts.) When the weather makes up its damn mind and stays mild/warm, I'll move to incorporate sprinting and more cardio to help with definition and tone.

• Brohoof 3

What is exercise?

I work somewhat daily, so I feel like I get a good amount of calories burned. ^^

Then earn double at night when the munchies arrive.

• Brohoof 1

you are so much awesome!!! :o

I've been doing HIIT cardio workot for couple of weeks andthat thing literally wrecks you, I do a 20 minutes brutal ladder workout, look for that on youtube if you're interested. I always take 10 seconds off of it in the first 3 rounds because it's just too much xD

You need a ridiculously amount of stamina to get through that, I would call my stamina very average sadly.

Heh, naah. It's not that difficult if you keep at it, even for an asthmatic like me. Give it one or two more months and you'll breeze through it. It's all about willpower and breathing.

I used to dance, so that's where most of my stamina comes from. But I know people who had zero stamina and pulled through, I know you can too.

I go to the gym, do various weight training exercises and endurance training, mostly on the crosstrainer, but also on the sit-bike-thing. 

I started to exercise, because I wanted to loose weight. I feel way better now and also notice, how I really got more strength and endurance. However I wouldn’t call me that much sporty. But yeah it did get better, so I look forward to it.

I am trying to get into doing it again, need to keep the motivation but it's hard sometimes.

When I get into it it will be quite a bit.

• 9 months later...

Not very often nowadays, though I used to do jogging on the spot a lot back then (don't like my general community, so I never use gyms or run about outside), mainly while watching DVDs and stuff. It worked so well!  :pinkie: I became dangerously underweight... :P

Edited by Edwardo_Brony

Usually everyday unless I'm sick. I hate going outside to exercise/going to the gym so I just do various exercises inside, mainly cardio, and I also hula hoop because it burns a decent amount of calories and it's fun. 

I try to exercise three times a week for 1 hour- 2 hours but for some odd reason I haven't been able to lose weight...  :(   I changed my diet, drink more water.  Should I exercise more?  It's driving me nuts...

I try to exercise three times a week for 1 hour- 2 hours but for some odd reason I haven't been able to lose weight...  :(   I changed my diet, drink more water.  Should I exercise more?  It's driving me nuts...

How long have you been exercising for? You need to keep in mind that you won't lose any weight what-so-ever unless you start burning more calories than you consume.

Edited by Guest

On better times, i used to do workouts about once every two days. Let your body rest from fatigue one day, then resume. Nowadays, i'm too busy (and too lazy) to put the effort into effective workouts. 

How long have you been exercising for? You need to keep in mind that you won't lose any weight what-so-ever unless you start burning more calories than you consume.

I've been exercising for at least 6 months now, I took a lot out of my original diet and portion controlled.  It could be my meds though since my doctor did warn me of weight gain.  It really sucks though, you know?  I don't want to be stuck as I am now :(... I was doing alright for a while but now I keep gaining. :(  When the weather gets better perhaps I should try jogging?  I've mainly been doing strength training instead of cardio, if you were wondering.

I've been exercising for at least 6 months now, I took a lot out of my original diet and portion controlled.  It could be my meds though since my doctor did warn me of weight gain.  It really sucks though, you know?  I don't want to be stuck as I am now :(... I was doing alright for a while but now I keep gaining. :(  When the weather gets better perhaps I should try jogging?  I've mainly been doing strength training instead of cardio, if you were wondering.

Yeah, you need to amp up that cardio if you wish to start blasting that weight away. I would advise you start doing some HIIT training. 

But keep doing the strength training aswell! Bigger and stronger muscles burn more calories than 'normal' muscles do.  ;)

I've started to do some exercising a week ago since I'm so out of shape. I'm at a healthy weight and pretty thin, but my muscles are completely weak. I've been working on toning up my legs, stomach and arms. Once I tone up a little and the weather gets decent I'm gonna go morning jogging on the weekends. And then when summer starts I'll morning jog everyday since I'll be out of school.

And then when I go to college in the fall I'll use the gym there :nom:

Yeah, you need to amp up that cardio if you wish to start blasting that weight away. I would advise you start doing some HIIT training. 

But keep doing the strength training aswell! Bigger and stronger muscles burn more calories than 'normal' muscles do.  ;)

Thanks!  I'll definitely have to step it up a level if I want to actually see some positive results, patience is key.

Thanks!  I'll definitely have to step it up a level if I want to actually see some positive results, patience is key.

Exactly.

A lot of people don't realise that such changes takes time. A. LOT. OF. TIME.

Well what started out as me going to the gym like once a week has now basically changed to me trying to become a Weightlifter so less cardio more packing on muscle. I do some cardio as in I walk everyday and do Cardio one day out of every week

Started a few years ago to try and go running.  Now its become an actual thing that I do for my school cross country/track teams.  I run as much as I can although my running level the past few weeks has been hampered by sickness and coming back after some time off after a season.  When I am going its an easy 40-45+ miles a week of running and almost no wheight lifting.  I watch my diet to enhance running  and make sure I get enough calories to keep with so much cardio

I don't have a set exercise regimen, but I do tend to run to get from place to place fast, and regardless of my seemingly sedentary student life, I am still relatively active.

Of course, I also go on long hikes with the Boy Scout troop that I belong to, which count as exercising.

• 1 month later...

I usually do martial arts twice a week and weightlifting 1-3 times a week in addition to that. I really need to amp it up, which I plan to do once I get out of high school for good in a few months and (hopefully) have more freedom to plan my time.